Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

Also, as the Covid Assist ends at the end of the month, you won't get any sort of refund if you have to give up your suite? So basically you would be paying for an RS suite but could get moved to an inside cabin? Surely, this will stop people coming forward if they have symptoms?

1 minute ago, rachiem said:

Also, as the Covid Assist ends at the end of the month, you won't get any sort of refund if you have to give up your suite? So basically you would be paying for an RS suite but could get moved to an inside cabin? Surely, this will stop people coming forward if they have symptoms?

Is this true? If so, then that sucks. 😕

4 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Is this true? If so, then that sucks. 😕

Covid-19 Assistance

Book a Celebrity cruise that’s sailing on or before April 30, 2022 and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge:

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Traveling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.**
  • Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.
  • If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the cost of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and homebound travel for you and your Traveling Party.

Edited by rachiem

4 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Hmmm 🤔 but It says “book” before April 30, not “travel” before April 30 - that makes a difference. I booked last year and, when I booked, the cruise came with these guarantees. There is a difference. Thoughts? 

It says book a Celebrity cruise that is SAILING on or before April 30, 2022.  I think SAILING is the key word?  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Oh mu. Coffee is needed. This us a case if reading what I wanted to believe. 🤣🤣🤣 Thank you! 

We cruise July 24, so I would be thrilled if it said what you thought it did, lol.  I get the coffee thing, lol.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, jetblue said:

From what I understand, I'm to remain on the ship, don't think they are offloading me. Next stop is the Azores in 3 more days.

I hope you feel better soon and test negative at day 5.

Very good to hear they are not going to force you to leave the ship.  We have 20 days coming up on a Royal ship so I will hope that they use the same policy.  I would hate to be moved from our suite to an oceanview but I would hate more being forced to leave the ship half way through the cruise.

Thank you for posting your experience, I know there are many of us following how it all works out for you.

16 hours ago, Whitechapelgirl62 said:

Not sure I’d cope in an inside cabin, I’d certainly feel “trapped”. I’ve got a balcony next month which is one of tge reasons i booked that to avoid that situation. Really cant see why they are moving you. Its well known being in fresh air is better, you can’t tell me someone could catch it from sitting on the balcony next to you, quite unlikely. I’ve had covid (double jabbed/boosted) at xmas & i’ve had worse colds. Wish u speedy recovery 

It is logistics, purely.

If there are a number of 'positive' cases on-board, it does make sense to have their cabins in one area instead of the medical team having to go from deck to deck to cabin to cabin trying to assess and test  those who tested positive and those who were in close contact and tested positive and etc.

Make sense?

bon voyage

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jetblue said:

No, they did not leave me with a room key, so unless the ship is sinking, I can't go anywhere.

Maybe prop the door open while you get a quick deck walk in??? LOL

In health and bon voyage

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, bandp407 said:

WOW - jetblue wish you the soonest recovery!  So sorry this has happened to you. Thank you for taking us along on your unforseen  journey.  Not happy to hear you are on deck 3!! Celebrity generally does a great job - but deck 3 - HMMMM !

A question  - does the ship have the antiviral medication to treat COVID??? 

Be well soon!

If they do, none has been offered. So far I've only received ibuprofen 

15 hours ago, Julma said:

This may be where your husband can help, since he can be out and about.  A loud, firm voice (not yelling) may get attention.  I'm sure they would like to keep other passengers, especially suite passengers from hearing too much about having to be moved to Deck 3 with no fresh air because you did the right thing and reported Covid symptoms.  

There is an 'excellent' air filtration system on-board all X vessels, which can mimic fresh air, unless you mean having ones hair flow in the breeze???

If there are no verandah cabins available, is it your recommendation that they move someone out to accommodate?

I Am sure they did not place the OP in a port hole cabin out of spite, it is what was available at time of isolation. As in limited supply and not run of the house.

In health and bon voyage

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

There is an 'excellent' air filtration system on-board all X vessels, which can mimic fresh air, unless you mean having ones hair flow in the breeze???

If there are no verandah cabins available, is it your recommendation that they move someone out to accommodate?

I Am sure they did not place the OP in a port hole cabin out of spite, it is what was available at time of isolation. As in limited supply and not run of the house.

In health and bon voyage

How is it possible there are no verandah cabins available when there are less than 1300 passengers on board?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nikel said:

Does all his food have to be room service or can he pick some up at the buffet and carry it to cabin and eat ?

No, he can go anywhere, just can't eat or drink in public.

• Like 2

Day 2 update, seems my symptoms have gotten a bit worse. 102 degree fever this morning. Doctor dropped off some ibuprofen to help with that and explained it will get worse before it gets better. Breakfast from luminae included a yogurt parfait and a blueberry smoothie, trying to load up on antioxidants. Also, received a little cake to remind me I turn year older today.

PXL_20220414_145717782.jpg

• Like 32

11 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

How is it possible there are no verandah cabins available when there are less than 1300 passengers on board?

Of course it is possible where there is an allocation of cabins and decks for isolation, regardless of the number of cabins and decks on the ship, available.

In health and bon voyage

1 minute ago, jetblue said:

Day 2 update, seems my symptoms have gotten a bit worse. 102 degree fever this morning. Doctor dropped off some ibuprofen to help with that and explained it will get worse before it gets better. Breakfast from luminae included a yogurt parfait and a blueberry smoothie, trying to load up on antioxidants. Also, received a little cake to remind me I turn year older today.

Happy Birthday!!!

bon voyage

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jetblue said:

This will definitely be a birthday to remember.   I am so sorry that your symptoms have gotten worse, and I hope the doctor's prediction turns out to be incorrect. 

We are all rooting for your quick recovery.    And we appreciate your posting about your experience.

Please enjoy your birthday as best you can.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, emmas gran said:

The OP is in isolation and does not have a key card to his room as he stated earlier in the thread! That is what isolation means not mixing with others if you have the infection , my DH and I just spent 12 days isolating at home as we had Covid.

Maybe they were referring to the husband who has to eat all meals in suite for five days

4 hours ago, rachiem said:

So if we test positive on departure in say Italy ( test one day before) does that mean we lose all the cruise money and have to claim through travel insurance ?

Also get no assistance with what to do next 😕 

Edited by sgmn

43 minutes ago, jetblue said:

So sorry this is happening to you. Certainly not a memorable birthday in the way one would hope for. Sending good wishes and positive thoughts!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I somewhat agree with splitting up, to have an advocate on the “outside”..

Regardless of where you recover from Covid you are isolated.   I stayed in the bedroom and my husband put what I needed outside the door.  In the middle of the night, I would bring dishes to the dishwasher and run it.  Other than a peek in,  with an N95 mask on, I didn't see him for days.  

50 minutes ago, jetblue said:

Happy Birthday!!!  Try some of the smoothies or juices from the SpaCafe.  They will give you a boost without making your body work too hard on digestion.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jetblue said:

Hope that you start to feel better soon. Happy Birthday. I’m sure this is one birthday that you will remember. 

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Yes.  Required to isolate for 10 days when boarding to make sure that they haven't brought anything with them.  If you catch a glimpse down a 'crew quarantine hallway' where there's a fire door open, you'll see the little tables from the cabins out in front of the doors.  That's for meal delivery and other items that go in/out of the cabin.

Even this protocol has been changing recently.  Onboard Constellation last sailing and it was 3 days isolation for onboarding crew and I believe crew close contact.   After the announcement of the 10 positive crew members (plus unknown number of passengers) crew were reporting that it was now increased to 5 days even for the ones already in isolation.   One butler who was to leave at the end of the sailing was told the day before he had to extend for 1 more sailing due to one other butler and a replacement both still being in isolation.