Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

We are home but DH was exposed today while doing a good deed for a generally homebound MS woman. He called before he stopped over and she should have told him to stay away because she had a slight fever and chills Nevertheless, he came by, helped her physically from her chair to the bathroom and back and came home. When he walked in the door with a mask, he told me what had transpired and I immediately said (well, more than "said"), that woman should take covid test. She did and YES.

Being Easter weekend DH has a very important church commitment. He will test and if + stay home and if - wear an N-95 and social distance.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, the penguins said:

All the air is fresh now as the ship's Aircon no longer recirculates any - in one side and out the other. Yes a balcony would be more pleasant or as someone else suggested connecting rooms so you could at least wander around.

I understand the air is "Fresh"  but nowhere near as fresh as stepping out on your balcony and breathing the sea air...... as I said Holland handles this issue much better.

Having the option of sitting outside would be so much better than sitting in that little room 24 hours a day..... 

Edited by Gracie115
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roxydog15 said:

Hi all.

So does anyone know if in that circumstance where only one of a couple are quarantined, if the "free" person can load up a couple of plates of food from the buffet (or even order an extra meal while in the MDR), and then ask someone to have it delivered to the prisoner?

We are on the June 11th out of Southampton to Iceland, and I'm trying not to stress out about these positive cases. Bringing eMed tests with. May upgrade to better wifi.  Scheduled to fly out after disembarkation.  Just moved our other cruises to 2023. I think my TA is gonna have a nervous breakdown.

thanks for all the info supplied on these threads.

Yes, I can confirm all is possible. I've received everything sent to me and my husband has been able to get as much food as he wanted when he wasn't quarantined. I can also order on the phone pretty much anything from anywhere on the ship, I haven't been told no yet.

Also, I haven't mentioned it yet as it didn't really apply to me, but if you are quarantined they give you free premium wifi. I already had it though since it was part of my suite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Jetblue- agree that they would look better nicely plated but nevermind- now I am hungry!!! 

How's husband doing? Hopefully you both had the newest variant which usually is like a cold. Doesn't get over the quarantine but goes quickly.

I am soooooo tired of this damn virus. But continue to do everything possible to keep myself and others safe. On the other hand- you will both most likely be safe at least for the time of your travels. Silver lining department. 

We're both doing fine. I haven't had a fever in 24 hours now so hopefully it stays that way. My husband seems better now too but I'll chalk that up to him getting to see me again. 😂

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You may get a chuckle out of this but last night a Single guy came in retreat wearing a mask.   I asked him if he was JetBlue Husband?   He looked at me add and I explained.  He said definitely not him as he hates to fly.    Luckily he wasn't offended and said his husband of 42 years was fine.   Real nice guy from Key West.  We ended up chatting for awhile.     I later said to Iain,   oh dear me... what if I had offended him and he wasn't gay. 

I'm a cis-het female and so is my friend. Once at a restaurant, someone thought we were a couple. Neither one of us was remotely offended. Anyone who would be can go do something I can't say "out loud."

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, bluecruisin said:

Jetblue I am sorry for you and your husband. Bless you both as you recover from it. I have a silly question, are you allowed unlimited pay for view movie?  I leave for the Reflection Sunday for it's T/A and am booked n Deck 3, I think. Who knows if we have been moved!  One question please, Can you tell me what free movies and what pay for view are showing onboard? Thanks very much and enjoy your cruise the best you can!

Not silly at all. I think I failed to mention that in the beginning. The letter I received offered free premium wifi, free movies, and free phone calls. I haven't tried calling the Queen yet to see how she is, was hoping to see her once we got to England.

Here are the movies I see on the TV, not sure what normally has a charge as they are all showing free for me:

Acting: The first six lessons

American Underdog

C'mon c'mon

Calling for love

Country romance

Cry macho

Dear Evan Hansen

Double play

Encanto

Eternals

Funny thing about love

Ghostbusters afterlife

Hop

House of Gucci

India sweets and spices

King Richard

Kiss the cook

The last bus

No time to die

• Haha 3

It's a good thing they upgrade the wifi since there's only TV watching and book reading to do in an oceanview cabin. 

Does anyone know if they allow books from their library (assuming stocked) to be sent down to the prisoner?

And BTW, have not said, but do feel terrible about people getting stuck in this situation. Sounds like has been mostly fairly mild symptoms. Bummer nonetheless. 🤕

Oh dear- that might be difficult. I've seen the ones that appealed to me and the rest- not interested. But when you are totally confined it is amazing what suddenly becomes interesting, I guess. But I think that is why the Kindle was invented- I carry around dozens of books so never run out of reading material. 

But unless confined (which WILL NOT HAPPEN!!! I hope) I don't watch much other than the ships webcams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roxydog15 said:

It's a good thing they upgrade the wifi since there's only TV watching and book reading to do in an oceanview cabin. 

Does anyone know if they allow books from their library (assuming stocked) to be sent down to the prisoner?

And BTW, have not said, but do feel terrible about people getting stuck in this situation. Sounds like has been mostly fairly mild symptoms. Bummer nonetheless. 🤕

I am sorry but I do not think quarantined in a cruise ship cabin with all the food and drinks you want can be considered a Prisoner.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I understand the air is "Fresh"  but nowhere near as fresh as stepping out on your balcony and breathing the sea air...... as I said Holland handles this issue much better.

Having the option of sitting outside would be so much better than sitting in that little room 24 hours a day..... 

Have you seen any recent posts regarding Holland quarantine situation?  Just wondering if some of the current cabin allotments have to do with increasing passenger loads.

8 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Have you seen any recent posts regarding Holland quarantine situation?  Just wondering if some of the current cabin allotments have to do with increasing passenger loads.

I ABSOLUTELY have since a friend of mine just went through it on the Zuiderdam.  She had a balcony and when her husband tested positive 4 days later he had the balcony NEXT to her.  THAT's how you treat a customer who is sick with care and consideration.   

We love Celebrity, but they have failed big time on this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I am sorry but I do not think quarantined in a cruise ship cabin with all the food and drinks you want can be considered a Prisoner.  

Yeah, it would still feel like jail.... after all they feed you there too.  And most people aren't going to sit in the room and drink alone.

I feel very bad for the Jetblue, and hope very much she tests negative at day 5.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

...why I moved my June cruises to 2023.

I am done with postponing my cruises. Given COVID is constantly mutating and not going away, I doubt any further delay will make a difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gracie115 said:

I ABSOLUTELY have since a friend of mine just went through it on the Zuiderdam.  She had a balcony and when her husband tested positive 4 days later he had the balcony NEXT to her.  THAT's how you treat a customer who is sick with care and consideration.   

We love Celebrity, but they have failed big time on this one.

probably the best they can do is then quarantine people to the cabin they are sailing in, and make sure then it includes all of their cabin mates.  I am sure people would then be upset with that.  They do have a business to run and after 2 years of no revenue I think they are all doing as much as they can.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gracie115 said:

Yeah, it would still feel like jail.... after all they feed you there too.  And most people aren't going to sit in the room and drink alone.

I feel very bad for the Jetblue, and hope very much she tests negative at day 5.

Interesting, have you been in prison?  I have not but I imagine it isn't even close to being quarantined on a cruise ship.  I think if you are that concerned about what might be 5 days quarantined then maybe put off cruising forever????  You do know that even with Norovirus, which is very common in cruising,  you will get quarantined?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Interesting, have you been in prison?  I have not but I imagine it isn't even close to being quarantined on a cruise ship.  I think if you are that concerned about what might be 5 days quarantined then maybe put off cruising forever????  You do know that even with Norovirus, which is very common in cruising,  you will get quarantined?

YES, in your own room you will be quarantined..... big difference.

No, I haven't been in jail, and of course it's not that bad, but I'm sure  that it feels  like that to some.  My friend referred to it as "Covid Jail" when she went through it.

I'm cruising in 2 weeks on a TA and just pray I am lucky and what happened to JetBlue doesn't happen to me

Edited by Gracie115
  • Thanks 1

JetBlue and David, hope you both get well soon and can enjoy the tail end of your vacation.  Reading your report JetBlue is eye opening.  With all the precautions you took and still picked up Covid is making me a bit weary about jumping on a cruise ship.

Thanks you for reporting this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

Yes, but you get quarantined in the cabin you booked, not some interior or window cabin.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yes, but you get quarantined in the cabin you booked, not some interior or window cabin.

Yes and norovirus is not as severe as covid.  They are doing what they believe is necessary to protect and take care of the passengers.  If people are concerned that they will be moved to a cabin that is not to their standards then maybe do not cruise at this time.  I really do not understand what people think the cruise line should do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1