Celebrity Summit

rohudd1

My husband and I are booked on the Summit to Bermuda on June 12.  With all of the delays and cancellations, I fear flying into Newark on the morning of the cruise.  Unfortunately, we have a prior engagement on the day before the cruise, so we can't fly in the day before.  

We live in Boston and would like to know if there is a bus that we can take that will arrive close to Port Liberty.  My husband refuses to drive, so I am thinking about canceling the cruise if it's going to be difficult to get there. 

Not sure where you live, but there used to be a bus that went out of Braintree, MA that went to the cruise terminal in Bayonne. I’m not sure if that is still running. The train from South Station to NYC is about four hours so I’m not sure how that would work timewise. Also I tried googling bus from Boston to Bayonne and a couple of things came up, but they’re all over 5 hours. 

Edited by RosieRoo

We live about 15 minutes outside Boston.  I don't think that the Braintree bus is running at this time.  I will keep searching ...maybe the airlines will be less apt to cancel as time goes on!  That is my best bet!

44 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Try Amtrak, 

Amtrak out of Providence, 128 or Boston (in that order) would be your best bet.  I'd book it now as train tickets go up quick.  Right now a train out of Providence to NYC on your date is $24 each.  Seems like a small price to pay if it helps you sleep better.  There are refundable tickets at much higher prices, but certainly something to look into.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I would take the train to Newark, much closer than NYC and with less traffic to the pier.

The NorthEast Regional doesn't go to Newark, I don't believe.  You'd have to get out at Grand Central and take a cab, ride share (I'd book in advance) or car service.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Julma said:

The NorthEast Regional doesn't go to Newark, I don't believe.  You'd have to get out at Grand Central and take a cab, ride share (I'd book in advance) or car service.  

I stand corrected, it does stop and Newark Penn.  I would agree with Covepointcruiser, that is a much better choice.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

Not sure where you live, but there used to be a bus that went out of Braintree, MA that went to the cruise terminal in Bayonne. I’m not sure if that is still running. The train from South Station to NYC is about four hours so I’m not sure how that would work timewise. Also I tried googling bus from Boston to Bayonne and a couple of things came up, but they’re all over 5 hours. 

I believe that may have been Entertainment Tours, and they have been out of business for quite a while.

• Thanks 1

I live in Boston and we take Amtrak to NYC frequently, and have taken it for cruises on embarkation day twice. Even though it may not be less expensive than flying, to us, it was a much more relaxing experience with fewer concerns about delays. If that's a viable option for you, I highly recommend it. 

4 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I live in Boston and we take Amtrak to NYC frequently, and have taken it for cruises on embarkation day twice. Even though it may not be less expensive than flying, to us, it was a much more relaxing experience with fewer concerns about delays. If that's a viable option for you, I highly recommend it. 

Boston here too and I totally concur