Anticipation... the infamous "pending" with no option to change/cancel Move Up offer ;)

TeachAloha

We had one bid expire & the other change to "pending" with no option to change or cancel for our 05/22 cruise. It has been that way for days. From what I have gathered, this is a good sign. But I won't believe it until the card charges! What is the longest you waited in that pending state? My husband is getting excited & watching youtube video tours of the possible room & I told him to slow his roll 🙂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TeachAloha said:

We had one bid expire & the other change to "pending" with no option to change or cancel for our 05/22 cruise. It has been that way for days. From what I have gathered, this is a good sign. But I won't believe it until the card charges! What is the longest you waited in that pending state? My husband is getting excited & watching youtube video tours of the possible room & I told him to slow his roll 🙂

I was in a state of "pending" until 2 days before my cruise with my choice unavailable on site.

You can check the post at the top of pg 1 for information.  It also contains cabin/suite reviews etc.  Good Luck!

Edited by Lastdance

20 hours ago, TeachAloha said:

That is the main reason I have not told my spouse about the bids made for Move Up... this way no anticipation and only surprize at the port...

That way I look like the hero otherwise, status quo!!! LOL

Good luck and bon voyage

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, Bo1953 said:

That is the main reason I have not told my spouse about the bids made for Move Up... this way no anticipation and only surprize at the port...

Good luck and bon voyage

I've also not told my spouse about one of our move up requests, but for a different reason.  I knew he'd freak considering how much WE were willing to bid!  Waited for the right time to 'share' and it all worked out;  he loved the suite.  :classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've also not told my spouse about one of our move up requests, but for a different reason.  I knew he'd freak considering how much WE were willing to bid!  Waited for the right time to 'share' and it all worked out;  he loved the suite.  :classic_wink:

I put in a bid for an Aqua cabin and Sky Suite... in hopes we get the Aqua BECAUSE I know once the Sky Suite is experienced, there will be no going back even if they would not want to use the Butler... or so they say. LOL

Good luck in your bid!!!

bon voyage

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I put in a bid for an Aqua cabin and Sky Suite... in hopes we get the Aqua BECAUSE I know once the Sky Suite is experienced, there will be no going back even if they would not want to use the Butler... or so they say. LOL

Good luck in your bid!!!

bon voyage

Wise move… good luck. 😉

Our first X cruise was in a Sky Suite many years ago. We did try couple of Concierge class cabins, but the damage was already done!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Good luck in your bid!!!

bon voyage

We got hooked on a great deal a long time ago.  The Personal Retreat Host is not even a factor in our desire to cruise in a suite on Celebrity  (Although we have had some very helpful/good ones).  It seems like they put really great cabin stewards in the Retreat area as well and they work as a team.  We are very low maintenance and seldom dine in our suite.

Good luck on your bid.  You are certainly deserving of a winning bid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

We got hooked on a great deal a long time ago.  The Personal Retreat Host is not even a factor in our desire to cruise in a suite on Celebrity  (Although we have had some very helpful/good ones).  It seems like they put really great cabin stewards in the Retreat area as well and they work as a team.  We are very low maintenance and seldom dine in our suite.

Good luck on your bid.  You are certainly deserving of a winning bid.

What I did not mention is, I also made a bid on a RS, the minimum, just to be sure the odds were against me in winning!  LOL

Because getting a RS AND enjoying it, means that we will only be able to sail every 18 - 24 months or so... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

What I did not mention is, I also made a bid on a RS, the minimum, just to be sure the odds were against me in winning!  LOL

Because getting a RS AND enjoying it, means that we will only be able to sail every 18 - 24 months or so... LOL

bon voyage

Yeah, been there too…

I got the “deal of the century” on a Royal Suite on the X Century years ago before she left the fleet. Good thing I can’t be tempted to do that again… 😁

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Yeah, been there too…

I got the “deal of the century” on a Royal Suite on the X Century years ago before she left the fleet. Good thing I can’t be tempted to do that again… 😁

c-d is that 'can't or won't' LOL

bon voyage

47 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

c-d is that 'can't or won't' LOL

bon voyage

Ok, ok, I confess… I did book one more RS on another X ship.  😜

But now we'd rather take 2 cruises than just 1 for the same price.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Ok, ok, I confess… I did book one more RS on another X ship.  😜

But now we'd rather take 2 cruises than just 1 for the same price.

I understand that decision very well... LOL

I rather take three (3) rather than just one in an RS...

See you aboard and bon voyage

• Like 1

May be one of you can explain how the process works, once you placed a bid.

For example, for our upcoming cruise in 56 days, I bid minimal amounts on three different types of suites. We love our existing cabin location, but thought, there could be a minuscule opportunity to try the suite experience.

For a while, I could see on our reservation our bids, and could modify the bids.

Now, everything has disappeared, including the move up offer option. Never received information that any of our bids are accepted, refused, expired or still pending.

I am just curious as to what kind of conclusion should I come to? 

Any idea?

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

May be one of you can explain how the process works, once you placed a bid.

For example, for our upcoming cruise in 56 days, I bid minimal amounts on three different types of suites. We love our existing cabin location, but thought, there could be a minuscule opportunity to try the suite experience.

For a while, I could see on our reservation our bids, and could modify the bids.

Now, everything has disappeared, including the move up offer option. Never received information that any of our bids are accepted, refused, expired or still pending.

I am just curious as to what kind of conclusion should I come to? 

Any idea?

If nothing is showing pending and more importantly, no credit card charge, then no upgrade.

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

If everything has disappeared, it may be the system is down in that area FOR NOW.  Check back on Monday....they do work on the weekends.

Thank-you Oceanger2, as it turns out you are correct. It seems to have been a glitch with the website. I just rechecked and the "Move up" section has reappeared with our bids showing...."pending". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:26 AM, Bo1953 said:

Good luck and bon voyage

LOL I've done the same thing. My bids are for RS and PH both say pending. Our cruise is June 3rd.

• Like 1

Just now, cachouonacruise said:

Thank-you Oceanger2, as it turns out you are correct. It seems to have been a glitch with the website. I just rechecked and the "Move up" section has reappeared with our bids showing...."pending". 

Good luck....hope the move up works for you... They system was probably in the process of changing your status and you caught it in the moment...'pending' is a good sign.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Good luck....hope the move up works for you... They system was probably in the process of changing your status and you caught it in the moment...'pending' is a good sign.

Isn‘t pending just the standard status for all bids as long as they are not declined or accepted? I believe this does not indicate anything.

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Isn‘t pending just the standard status for all bids as long as they are not declined or accepted? I believe this does not indicate anything.

Pending is better than expired ... there is still hope 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1