Oasis Balcony - Ocean or Boardwalk

I have a cruise booked on Oasis for this summer, with an oceanview guarantee balcony.

I just checked, and I can pick a room in a boardwalk balcony, and save about $150.

I've never sailed on an Oasis Class ship. Should I stick with my oceanview guarantee? Or switch to Boardwalk view? Interested to hear what people think...

(FWIW... I will be traveling with my wife and my 4 year old son)

2 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Is the boardwalk noisy? I haven’t tried these cabins.

Sometimes when there's a late night movie...but just shut the slider...it'll be fine. 

Privacy...just shut the drapes.

We had the last four on deck #9 our grandkids loved it...Personally if sailing with just adults I would book ocean balcony instead.

Edited by Ashland

Just now, PGHProducer said:

on those decks, not far at all.

On decks 11 or 12, I could go almost all the way back

Then it doesn't matter. Look at a Youtube I believe there are some.

I would keep your ocean view cabin. The Boardwalk balconies face each other so no privacy. Also the aqua show and the anything else they play on those screens are very loud. I’ve read of people complaining about the music coming from the carousel too. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I would keep your ocean view cabin. The Boardwalk balconies face each other so no privacy. Also the aqua show and the anything else they play on those screens are very loud. I’ve read of people complaining about the music coming from the carousel too. 

Different needs when sailing with a little one vs adults only.

My response would have been different if the OP didn't mention sailing with a 4 year old. The boardwalk view can be very entertaining.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

We just sailed the Wonder and had a Central Park balcony. With the door closed no noise at all. With the door open you could hear the sound from the park and the pool deck. Lots of music playing but we really enjoyed it. No privacy on the balcony but so what, just like condo living. Never really saw the ocean but it was a great experience. If you want quiet and private pick the Oceanview.

We loved our boardwalk balcony but I think it depends on what you enjoy.  My husband likes to see all the action and people watching.  Interior balconies are unique to the Oasis class ships so I would take the opportunity to try one.  You can get an ocean view on any ship.  We had the last one closest to the Aqua theater on a lower deck and really enjoyed watching movies, shows and even rehearsals there.  We had the best seats in the house without even having to leave our balcony.  I don't really get the privacy issue.  Simply close your drapes when you want privacy.  We had no complaints about noise as long as the balcony door was closed.  But, if you are one who finds watching the ocean go by and relaxing the main thing then you would probably prefer the ocean view.  I think it comes down to which atmosphere you enjoy most.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Different needs when sailing with a little one vs adults only.

My response would have been different if the OP didn't mention sailing with a 4 year old. The boardwalk view can be very entertaining.

I’ve sailed Oasis pre shutdown and this past September. It’s a lot of people and whether with kids or not that quiet balcony looking out on the sea with no people in sight is a welcome recharger.

1 hour ago, PGHProducer said:

I have a cruise booked on Oasis for this summer, with an oceanview guarantee balcony.

I just checked, and I can pick a room in a boardwalk balcony, and save about $150.

I've never sailed on an Oasis Class ship. Should I stick with my oceanview guarantee? Or switch to Boardwalk view? Interested to hear what people think...

(FWIW... I will be traveling with my wife and my 4 year old son)

my first time on oasis I had a ocean view and it was blazing hot and I never sat out there. Maybe wintertime I would but not when it's that hot.

I wished I had a boardwalk where I could see the diving show. .. got that on allure this dec. Finally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PGHProducer said:

on those decks, not far at all.

On decks 11 or 12, I could go almost all the way back

Deck 11 in the back would be good.  I would go for that.  I always enjoyed having the theater and activities to see.  The privacy thing was never an issue.  Just close your drapes when you want privacy.  No one is standing around watching other cabins.  Never once felt anyone was watching us.  Been in those cabins several times.  

10 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

The boardwalk and Central Park were always too warm for us.  We enjoy the nice cool ocean breeze.

Agree Central Park Cabins are like sitting in a incubator in the Caribbean (nothing moving in the rain forest in those cabins), Boardwalk are much more tolerable if you book one more toward the end where you can get a breeze.

Edited by Jimbo

For us personally, with a 3 year old, we've booked OV balcony over boardwalk balcony. Too many reports of the bass bleeding in during movies, which can run pretty late. We're more flexible with DS at bedtime on vacation...but he usually wears himself out quickly and ends up going to bed around the same time anyway. We will enjoy a nightcap on the balcony too, and opening/closing the door during a movie or aqua show is just too risky.

14 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

For us personally, with a 3 year old, we've booked OV balcony over boardwalk balcony. Too many reports of the bass bleeding in during movies, which can run pretty late. We're more flexible with DS at bedtime on vacation...but he usually wears himself out quickly and ends up going to bed around the same time anyway. We will enjoy a nightcap on the balcony too, and opening/closing the door during a movie or aqua show is just too risky.

That was a Central Park Balcony Cabin issue not the Boardwalk Balcony Cabins I believe.

For $150 I would book an ocean view balcony if you want to see the ocean.  The one bad thing about Oasis class ships once they converted they converted the Royal Viking Lounge to a suite lounge, there is no inside lounges to have a drink and watch the ocean go by.  One of my favorite activities to do while catching up on my reading.

The trick about Central Park balconies.is to get a cabin closer to the aft.

4 minutes ago, gatour said:

For $150 I would book an ocean view balcony if you want to see the ocean.  The one bad thing about Oasis class ships once they converted they converted the Royal Viking Lounge to a suite lounge, there is no inside lounges to have a drink and watch the ocean go by.  One of my favorite activities to do while catching up on my reading.

The trick about Central Park balconies.is to get a cabin closer to the aft.

Think you've got Central Park mixed up with Boardwalk balconies.