Sanctum Spa no longer a suite perk

mappyuk

6 hours ago, Jb-lhr said:

Just off Quest. We sailed with first time cruisers to introduce them to Azamara. They loved it! The Mrs. wanted to use the T-pool. No passes being sold, so we suggested a massage. A 75 minute massage was booked at $219 PLUS 18% gratuities. When she arrived and asked to use the T-pool, the request was denied. For top suites only. One very disappointed customer.

Glad your friends enjoyed the cruise despite some disappointing experiences.

US 219 for a 75 minutes massage and additional 18% tip on top 🧐 What was that for a massage? Something special? 
Ivi

10 hours ago, Jb-lhr said:

Just off Quest. We sailed with first time cruisers to introduce them to Azamara. They loved it! The Mrs. wanted to use the T-pool. No passes being sold, so we suggested a massage. A 75 minute massage was booked at $219 PLUS 18% gratuities. When she arrived and asked to use the T-pool, the request was denied. For top suites only. One very disappointed customer.

That really doesn't sit well with me as they advertise the SPA terrace as one of the SPA benefits and not as a "top suites" only benefit. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

On board Onward at the moment in a CC Suite we have a letter from the Hotel Director welcoming us to the ship confirming the Spa is a suite benefit. Sadly we can’t currently use it as its one of the small things not finished. 

p.s Internet is very slow so resorted to using phone data whilst in port. 

Edited by Azamarajunkie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Azamarajunkie said:

On board Onward at the moment in a CC Suite we have a letter from the Hotel Director welcoming us to the ship confirming the Spa is a suite benefit. Sadly we can’t currently use it as its one of the small things not finished. 

p.s Internet is very slow so resorted to using phone data whilst in port. 

Wonder if they've had a rethink? Is it Heike as HD?

I hope you and Rose are having a great cruise.

Phil 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Wonder if they've had a rethink? Is it Heike as HD?

I hope you and Rose are having a great cruise.

Phil 

Phil, Elizabeth is HD and it’s very much her product, very clear this ship is the new Azamara.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Phil, Elizabeth is HD and it’s very much her product, very clear this ship is the new Azamara.

Interesting, not sure guests can cope with different product offerings between ships if Onward is different perks to the others

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Interesting, not sure guests can cope with different product offerings between ships if Onward is different perks to the others

Hard to believe there could different perks on different ships. 

• Like 4

I'm pretty disappointed to read this. When my husband first booked our cruise on the Pursuit for 5/31,  he wanted to get a Spa Suite, but they were sold out. So, we booked the Club Continental Suite which included the access to the T-pool and Spa Deck. Now, just weeks before the cruise, I read that this is no longer included. It was included in the advertising when we booked and was definitely a big part of our decision to pay the extra $$$ for a suite. This is definitely putting a damper on my excitement about our first Azamara cruise, and I don't think it's fair for Azamara to just take it away so abruptly. I could see making the change moving forward, but not on cruises already paid in full.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, joyride said:

I'm pretty disappointed to read this. When my husband first booked our cruise on the Pursuit for 5/31,  he wanted to get a Spa Suite, but they were sold out. So, we booked the Club Continental Suite which included the access to the T-pool and Spa Deck. Now, just weeks before the cruise, I read that this is no longer included. It was included in the advertising when we booked and was definitely a big part of our decision to pay the extra $$$ for a suite. This is definitely putting a damper on my excitement about our first Azamara cruise, and I don't think it's fair for Azamara to just take it away so abruptly. I could see making the change moving forward, but not on cruises already paid in full.

I wish Bonnie McLaird were still here to answer you, the Chief Blogging Officer on Azamara, Pre Pandemic. Azamara has not seen fit (ARE you listening Azamara???) to refund her position!!

Do you have a travel agent or are you booked directly with Azamara?

Either way, doesn’t matter……please make you opinion known!

Just like you have posted here! 😊

• Like 4

On 4/25/2022 at 8:44 AM, Mora_2022 said:

That really doesn't sit well with me as they advertise the SPA terrace as one of the SPA benefits and not as a "top suites" only benefit. 

Have you checked recently?  Just posted that it is included on the beyond 

I will definitely be vocal about my disappointment. There are probably going to be a BUNCH of people in the CC Suites that are very disappointed with this and won't find out until on the ship. It doesn't seem that too many Azamara customers are on Cruise Critic. My husband has spinal arthritis and I was really looking forward to the T-pool. At least we will have the hot tubs...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laurieb said:

Have you checked recently?  Just posted that it is included on the beyond 

Not on Azamara UK site it’s not. It’s another area of total confusion 

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm really confused. The new Azamara ship is Onward. Beyond is the new Celebrity ship. 

Phil 

...and Beyond possibly a stranger name than Onwards😁

This is the letter we received in our CC suite clearly stating the Thalassotherapy pool and spa deck is included. For most of our cruise that ended today, it was not available until 3 days ago due to ongoing works. Entry had to be made through the Gym as the changing rooms are still being refurbished.  There are still various works in progress around the ship but be assured the Azamara crew, waiting staff, butlers, room stewards etc are as good as they’ve ever been. Just don’t assume you’ll be able to use the Internet as you do at home, it’s not brilliant and is clearly affected by the ships position, especially in places like Kotor.  

1F8452D0-33C8-4BEE-9BCB-3BDDA657DCED.jpeg

Edited by Azamarajunkie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Azamarajunkie said:

This is the letter we received in our CC suite clearly stating the Thalassotherapy pool and spa deck is included. For most of our cruise that ended today, it was not available until 3 days ago due to ongoing works. Entry had to be made through the Gym as the changing rooms are still being refurbished.  There are still various works in progress around the ship but be assured the Azamara crew, waiting staff, butlers, room stewards etc are as good as they’ve ever been. Just don’t assume you’ll be able to use the Internet as you do at home, it’s not brilliant and is clearly affected by the ships position, especially in places like Kotor.  

Well that should put any concerns to rest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Azamarajunkie said:

Steve, thanks. I guess my question is given the extra CC suites on Onward, is the spa deck crowded?  Sounds like they've had a change of heart, maybe with comments onboard or observation as to what little use it gets with just the large suites. Or maybe it's WIP?🤷‍♂️

Phil 

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Steve, thanks. I guess my question is given the extra CC suites on Onward, is the spa deck crowded?  Sounds like they've had a change of heart, maybe with comments onboard or observation as to what little use it gets with just the large suites. Or maybe it's WIP?🤷‍♂️

Phil 

Only the 4 of us on the 3 occasions we used it. There are 16 sunbed with the new cushions but definitely WIP, no pool bar service yet in there and the phone didn’t have their number. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Azamarajunkie said:

Only the 4 of us on the 3 occasions we used it. There are 16 sunbed with the new cushions but definitely WIP, no pool bar service yet in there and the phone didn’t have their number. 

Sorry…what is WIP?

Duh….is it work in progress?  
Just came to me……I’m a little slow!

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1