so loyal to royal

As a fan of both lines, perhaps you just didn't have a good experience.  We always do.  Love the live music in most venues.  Some cruise lines no longer have it. Also the all in experience is wonderful IMO.   Better perks on most ships.    We love royal- Oasis class ships, because the entertainment IMO is superior.

We also love the crown loft suites.  

IMO food on Celebrity better- even the buffet has more choices-  I will continue to sail on both lines.  We will never go back to Carnival or NCL.  Tried multiple times and unless you are in the Haven on NCL , poorly designed public spaces- it is the times square of cruise ships.  Carnival, too many negatives IMO-in all areas-

Princess was ok- but IMO plain vanilla.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, soremekun said:

Different strokes for different folks.  I sail mostly Royal but am going back to check out Carnival's newest ships.

Soremekun, I don't know if this is your humour or a legit comment. It very well could be interpreted either way, by your normal commentary. 😉😂

• Like 1

We had 2 Celebrity cruises booked during the pandemic.  Prices at that time seemed pretty close to Royal.  Now I’ve been checking and to me they are significantly more.   $5500 vs $2500 or less for a week in a balcony, I just can’t justify the cost.  I know internet, gratuity and drinks are included but since we are D+ that’s still only worth about $500-$600 more.  I’ll keep watching though.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We had 2 Celebrity cruises booked during the pandemic.  Prices at that time seemed pretty close to Royal.  Now I’ve been checking and to me they are significantly more.   $5500 vs $2500 or less for a week in a balcony, I just can’t justify the cost.  I know internet, gratuity and drinks are included but since we are D+ that’s still only worth about $500-$600 more.  I’ll keep watching though.  

We have two Celebrity cruises booked, Retreat suites, and when we booked I told hubby that the prices were great.  I just checked this week and one was $3k more, the other $3.4k more.  We typically RCI, but are looking forward to Celebrity in the Edge class.  We still plan to sail mostly with RCI.  🙂

On 4/25/2022 at 6:34 PM, Another_Critic said:

I did the transatlantic [maiden voyage] on Quantum (Nov. 2014 - Southampton to Cape Liberty non-stop, except for a med evac at Ponta Delgada, Azores).  And the following year on Anthem (Oct. 2015 - Southampton to Cape Liberty non-stop).

Hi, Another_Critic,

How was it? I would like to know your experience.

Jim

27 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Hi, Another_Critic,

How was it? I would like to know your experience.

Jim

The Anthem crossing was much better than the Quantum crossing. 

It was Quantum's maiden voyage - new ship class, new technology, new dining concept = a lot of bugs.

Anthem was a much nicer, problem free, cruise, but rough seas for several days.  

• Thanks 1

We were back on RCI last month for the first time in eight years. Since they moved the Navigator out west it gives us a choice for the short four night cruises as we don’t do Carnival. Easy drive to the port. Overall, not a bad cruise. Ship looked nice for its age as RCI did a great job with the amplification. We had not cruised on the NV since 2006 which was out of FLL on a longer Caribbean cruise. 

For anything longer we cruise on Celebrity. For “us” Celebrity excels in food, service, atmosphere and especially suites. RCI usually has better entertainment on their larger ships. I am no longer loyal to any cruise line but at this time Celebrity takes our main cruise dollars. There’s something out there for everyone. Variety is the spice of life. 

• Like 2

Been a while since I've seen a one hit wonder review of an entire cruise line. Most of our cruises are with Royal but we do have a dozen Celebrity under our belt. Celebrity is a different style of cruising and is all inclusive. In our opinion the suite experience and the food exceeds Royal's. Luminae is much better than CK. Celebrity is more relaxing and less kids. The entertainment on Royal exceeds Celebrity but we've never experienced bad entertainment on Celebrity. We enjoy them both equally for different reasons. We've also sailed Carnival and Princess and have never had a bad cruise on either of them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 2:40 PM, bucfan2 said:

Interesting. We love Royal, but the edge is probably our favorite ship.

Similar here except it's the Carnival Mardi Gras that's my favorite.

If I could take Royal's loyalty program and put it on Carnival's ships that would be a marriage made in heaven.

Edited by Computer Nerd
  • Like 1

Our first cruise was on Horizon in 1993 and we were hooked on Celebrity. Over the next 25 years, we mixed in a few Princess and Royal and I can honestly say I've never had a bad cruise or cruise experience.   Several were for the ports, Hawaii and Alaska especially and some were just for the cruise. 

In 2018, we celebrated our 50th Anniversary with a 15 day Trans-Atlantic on Silhouette.  The weather was not so good and we did find ourselves somewhat bored by the uninspired "activities".  But once we finally landed in Boston, NYC and Bermuda before finishing up in Florida, we had a grand time. We thought Silhouette was one of the prettiest ships we had ever been aboard.

This past January, we took a "quick" 7 day on Symphony OTS and were so impressed by all the activities and the shows, that we are talking about going again.  

I think your state of mind plays a big part in deciding if you have a good time or not.  We always anticipate a good time and always have one.

• 2 weeks later...