P&O Australia have now release their health requirements

1 hour ago, vegemeter said:

My feeling is that the testing requirements will probably ease up in the run up to wave season.  While it’s unfortunate people have Covid on ships I don’t see much data on Covid elsewhere and it really is everywhere. I get very cross with these media articles replaying the Ruby, it’s rubbish and makes me cross when I am more likely to catch it at Coles 

.... or Specsavers where I caught it. 🙂

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But Geoff with respect young fella, one could be a cruiseling and a bogan, you know, a cross breed, 😁 A 'Cruiseogan' perhaps? 

Oh no, I will have to watch out for hybrids, and can already think of a candidate on the first cruise.

The pic does remind me a bit of the state of origin cruise I did a few years back - footy jumpers in the mdr on cocktail night was acceptable. One guy was spotted wearing the same clothes for the whole 4 night cruise, and was too drunk to get on the bus to the footy.

I am glad we are an inclusive lot.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m going to get some frontline and a flea collar  for my P&O cruise.

And a can of bogan repellent? lol

th.jpg

Edited by NSWP

On 4/26/2022 at 2:55 PM, arxcards said:

That depends on whether the verifly app that P&O is using supports uploading pictures, or whether it is just an online declaration.

P&O Cruises has partnered with VeriFLY to simplify the pre-travel process of completing COVID-19 requirements and documentation. You will need to use the VeriFLY app to complete the health declaration, as well as to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status and declare that you have received a negative COVID-19 test result. Once complete and all details & documents have been verified, you will receive a green tick on the app, which you will need to present at the cruise terminal, along with your P&O Cruises digital boarding pass (eTicket).

The photo of the negative RAT is IF you happen to be asked about the validity of your test at any point.
As I understand it, neither P&O or Princess have asked for a photo of a test of any type …… just personally covering all bases, if needed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

The photo of the negative RAT is IF you happen to be asked about the validity of your test at any point.
As I understand it, neither P&O or Princess have asked for a photo of a test of any type …… just personally covering all bases, if needed.

Thing is though, that a photo provides no proof whatsoever. Yes, the photo can be timestamped, but the test isn't and it could have been undertaken by anyone.

You WILL be asked about the validity of your RAT, and attesting to your result - either on the app to get your green tick to get straight into the terminal, or by the terminal staff who will ask you questions and enter your responses into a tablet.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Agreed. I am confident we won't be asked to prove the negative, but having proof is just insurance.

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Can always video the taking of the RAT and then it's  results

I will just photograph the two rodents. I know that this doesn't prove we took the tests and, from what Princess has said, I don't believe we will be asked to prove anything. If we have symptoms they will simply do more tests at the terminal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I will just photograph the two rodents. I know that this doesn't prove we took the tests and, from what Princess has said, I don't believe we will be asked to prove anything. If we have symptoms they will simply do more tests at the terminal.

True, many will just do the declaration and turn up ready to board.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Let's hope people really do the test the day before and don't turn up if it is positive. With Princess' offer of FCC etc. surely most people will do the right thing.

You can seal your RATS in a plastic bag and take them for show & tell, but it still doesn't offer any more assurance that you have followed the rules than the declaration does. I could video myself taking a negative RAT today with 30th May set on my phone, so that also offers no proof.

For a level of proof, you need to pay for a supervised travel test, but even then their system doesn't allow you to add it to your health info.

The expertise in the terminal is the other part of picture. These are casual workers with no specific qualification. They are looking for ticks, not forming an opinion of whether they think you are trustworthy. 

14 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You can seal your RATS in a plastic bag and take them for show & tell, but it still doesn't offer any more assurance that you have followed the rules than the declaration does. I could video myself taking a negative RAT today with 30th May set on my phone, so that also offers no proof.

For a level of proof, you need to pay for a supervised travel test, but even then their system doesn't allow you to add it to your health info.

The expertise in the terminal is the other part of picture. These are casual workers with no specific qualification. They are looking for ticks, not forming an opinion of whether they think you are trustworthy. 

I agree with all your comments. Your comment about taking the RATS in a plastic bag is probably tongue in cheek, but I mention that the presenter of the webinar emphasised that people should not take their RAT tests to the terminal as proof.

• Like 1

Ultimately it will be like the health declarations we had to fill out prior to boarding previously for coughs, colds, and nobody.. Some will lie, most won't but it only takes one to spread any disease if the conditions are suitable. Crowds make it easy.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree with all your comments. Your comment about taking the RATS in a plastic bag is probably tongue in cheek, but I mention that the presenter of the webinar emphasised that people should not take their RAT tests to the terminal as proof.

Yeah, a little tongue in cheek, but like those putting the whistle in their mouth and blowing it at muster, there is bound to be at least one.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Just like the health declaration in the old days, they tick the boxes, coughing and spluttering and spread it on board. Covid declarations will be no different,  pax will be crook with it at check in, hide the symptoms, tick the boxes and board with the lurgy and we know what happens next, like is happening now where cruising is operational.

Case Study.....

Talking about crowds, the Tilba festival was on down this way over Easter, apparently 10,000 down there. They used several shuttle school buses to bring the people from the car parks into town. They jammed 50 on a bus.  My neighbours over the road went..result husband/wife/mother in law/son/grandson all copped the lurgy and mother in law aged 70 is real crook.  This is what happens in crowded transportation.  Neighbour reckons only 10% of the bus pax wore masks.  So big covid explosion with locals and visitors from ACT, Regional towns and Sydney I suppose.

Edited by NSWP

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed, but like you, I like to cross “t’s” and dot “i’s” - you just never know.

Does anybody know what actually happens if you do test positive on your 24h RAT?  Their FAQ's say you need to call them and they will cancel the booking.  But does that mean a refund, a FCC or do you lose your money?  I can't imaging Travel Insurance would cover that.

The seem to have a flexibility program, but that finishes in Nov, and needs to occur 14 days or you lose your money.