Celebrity Summit 7 night Bermuda 2022

barbon2

51 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I thought Celebrity was always casual?

They changed "Formal" nights to "Chic" (chick) nights.  It's considered a little bit more dressy than smart casual.  And yes, my experience on Summit 7-night sailing is also the 2nd and 6th nights.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Sorry you thought that, it isn’t correct

Maybe they were thinking it is RCCL??? LOL

... and never visited X's website to see the protocols for dress ...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

19 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Maybe they were thinking it is RCCL??? LOL

... and never visited X's website to see the protocols for dress ...

bon voyage

They are similar.  They both suggest a more formal attire on two similar nights but neither enforces it as it is only a recommendation.  The true "formal nights" with both lines ended a number of years ago.  Dress options - from casual to formal - are solely at the discretion of the guest with both RCCL and Celebrity.

So from a significant amount of direct experience from both, each line is similarly casual or formal.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

They are similar.  They both suggest a more formal attire on two similar nights but neither enforces it as it is only a recommendation.  The true "formal nights" with both lines ended a number of years ago.  Dress options - from casual to formal - are solely at the discretion of the guest with both RCCL and Celebrity.

So from a significant amount of direct experience from both, each line is similarly casual or formal.

I’m the OP and yes, I know that formal nights were discontinued.

However, as you state, there are two nights on a seven day cruise that are a bit dressier.  
I was just curious as to which two nights and someone was kind enough to answer.

I had assumed one would be on a sea day and the second one on the night before the last.

23 minutes ago, barbon2 said:

I’m the OP and yes, I know that formal nights were discontinued.

However, as you state, there are two nights on a seven day cruise that are a bit dressier.  
I was just curious as to which two nights and someone was kind enough to answer.

I had assumed one would be on a sea day and the second one on the night before the last.

I saw that you got your answer from @CruisersTimesThree. That also echoes our experience. My response was primarily to comments made by @LB_NJ and @Bo1953.  Just adding further information. 🙂

BTW Summit Bermuda is one of our favorite itineraries and have done it several times.  I believe you will really enjoy it!  Have a great cruise.

6 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Quite correct, since the poster used 'dressy' and I believe the poster is from the UK, it means less than formal and more than casual in US parlance.

Thanks and bon voyage

55 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Quite correct, since the poster used 'dressy' and I believe the poster is from the UK, it means less than formal and more than casual in US parlance.

Thanks and bon voyage

How do you assume the poster is from the UK?  Barbara just is inquiring so she knows how to pack.  

5 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

How do you assume the poster is from the UK?  Barbara just is inquiring so she knows how to pack.  

Well, to be sure I said that "I believe" based on her syntax and of course you have corrected as you know she is not???

I trust @barbon2is not offended at my thought about her Nationality.... No offense meant...

I do apologize to you and her.

bon voyage

No formal nights unless you want to dress up.  There’s always a few that either love to wear formal attire or didn’t know that formal nights became chic nights. Still don’t know what “chic” means.  From what I have seen on chic nights, many people have different ideas.  Wear what you want.  It’s your cruise. Enjoy!

• Haha 1

There won't be much difference on a Bermuda cruise on Evening Chic evenings than other evenings. On a European itinerary Evening Chic might be dressier on an Evening Chic evening. Been on the Summit many times to Bermuda. My Evening Chic is a long sleeved button down shirt and khaki type pants. On other evenings my shirt is a polo shirt. That fits right in. There are a small number of people who where a sports jacket or suit. But really it does not matter. People who want to dress up will be fine.  They won't be thought of as odd. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Well, to be sure I said that "I believe" based on her syntax and of course you have corrected as you know she is not???

I trust @barbon2is not offended at my thought about her Nationality.... No offense meant...

I do apologize to you and her.

bon voyage

I’m from the good old USA.  We haven’t done Celebrity for a while now, so just trying to get back into the parameters of the ship.

Our last few cruises before Covid were on Crystal and Oceania.  Crystal went bankrupt during Covid, so it’s not an option anymore.  We don’t want to do Oceania to Bermuda.  Celebrity has better pool option and an extra sea day.  That being said, we have done many Celebrity cruises in the past and always enjoyed them.

Barb

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I saw that you got your answer from @CruisersTimesThree. That also echoes our experience. My response was primarily to comments made by @LB_NJ and @Bo1953.  Just adding further information. 🙂

BTW Summit Bermuda is one of our favorite itineraries and have done it several times.  I believe you will really enjoy it!  Have a great cruise.

We did this route on the Summit 5 years ago.

We didn’t want to travel too far with cruising.

This is our return to cruising.  Our last cruise was 12/19, we have a lot of catching up to do!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redtravel said:

No formal nights unless you want to dress up.  There’s always a few that either love to wear formal attire or didn’t know that formal nights became chic nights. Still don’t know what “chic” means.  From what I have seen on chic nights, many people have different ideas.  Wear what you want.  It’s your cruise. Enjoy!

“Chic” is a French word for basically looking good & smart- don’t quote me though😂I’m from the UK and if we’re going out somewhere “posh” then we’ll “dress up to the 9’s” - don’t you just love all the different versions of saying the same thing - the joy of the English language 😂

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Since it is Bermuda I assume true dress Bermuda shorts are acceptable for men.  With the knee high black socks of course, now where did I put mine.

Done this trip several times and classic Bermuda shorts are NOT allowed in dining rooms for dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Done this trip several times and classic Bermuda shorts are NOT allowed in dining rooms for dinner.

d - happy you responded, this question is often asked and answered the same way...

I just take a wait and see approach to see a few fellow passengers try to reason their way into the MDR wearing any type or style of shorts... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Have you ever seen anyone with the classic Bermuda shorts, long socks and a blazer turned away? It is not just long socks with the shorts, the dress is business attire and is worn with a jacket. Been to Bermuda many times and have seen that attire worn in Hamilton by some Bermuda business men. I never saw anyone on over 15 cruises to Bermuda in the MDR with that attire but perhaps no one had the nerve. A Bermudian on a cruise might. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Dkjretired, wow a name from the past.  I think you have been on these boards as long as I have.

20 hours ago, Whitechapelgirl62 said:

“Chic” is a French word for basically looking good & smart- don’t quote me though😂I’m from the UK and if we’re going out somewhere “posh” then we’ll “dress up to the 9’s” - don’t you just love all the different versions of saying the same thing - the joy of the English language 😂

Thanks for your definition.  Celebrity doesn’t define chic. It also never defined “modern luxury”.  My interpretation is that they got rid of formal nights and wanted a more dressed up version of casual.  Wear whatever, relax and enjoy!

• Like 1