Princess refused to extend our FCCs by 28 days

GottaLuvCruising

Our 50th anniversary is March 3rd.  After much consideration, we decided to do a Panama Canal sailing.  I booked 3/2/23 Caribbean Princess so we'd cruise over our actual anniversary and celebrate on a sea day.  

Our remaining FFCs expire 2/2/23.  I called to ask to have the balance applied to the 3/2/23 sailing, but they declined, refusing to extend the expiration by all of 28 days.  I reluctantly canceled our preferred sail date and booked the same ship / itinerary / fare for 1/7/23.  

It's really OK, but each time I think about it, I'm increasingly frustrated at Princess' decision.  It seems so petty to deny this minor request.  We'll still enjoy the cruise, but their decision reflects poorly on Princess IMHO.  

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

4 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Hopefully someone from Princess will see just how stupid this is and do something to make things right. They are after all, supposedly  the Love Boat folks.

We're all booked, almost fully paid, have even secured some shore excursions.  

But I'd do it all again if they'd let us use the funds over our anniversary.  

Is THIS how they want to be?  

Call again and a different Princess representative may very well extend the credits for you.  I've had my credits extended a couple of times in the past although it was before the pandemic, not that that should make any difference.

• Like 1

not that it may or may not matter - but how were the FCC's obtained ?  Cruises Princess cancelled, where you had the option to receive back your monies paid - or obtain FCC and bonus FCC

or

cruises you chose to cancel for whatever reason that was allowed

and is any of the remaining FCC - cash value FCC - that you could receive actual money?

23 minutes ago, voljeep said:

not that it may or may not matter - but how were the FCC's obtained ?  Cruises Princess cancelled, where you had the option to receive back your monies paid - or obtain FCC and bonus FCC

or

and is any of the remaining FCC - cash value FCC - that you could receive actual money?

Hate to be pedantic, and maybe I am incorrect, but if all of the payments came from the OP and not from other sources, shouldn't the correct term be "money" instead of "monies"?

Yes I am bored today, lol

Edited by vjmatty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, voljeep said:

or

We had $766 left from about $8K from our 3/15/20 cruise Princess canceled.   So it was all "bonus" money.  We were going to use it one way or another.  We simply preferred the sail date over our anniversary.  

Princess gains nothing by denying our request.  Princess would lose nothing by honoring our request.  Doesn't that make you wonder???  

We can live with it.  We'll just plan something else over our actual anniversary, I guess.  Vegas?  Cancun?  TBD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TM said:

Call again and a different Princess representative may very well extend the credits for you.  I've had my credits extended a couple of times in the past although it was before the pandemic, not that that should make any difference.

I really did consider that as I've had similar experiences.  This experience has impacted my perception of Princess...not in a positive way.  That's why I needed to share and process the feedback.  

It's all good!  

Just now, GottaLuvCruising said:

I really did consider that as I've had similar experiences.  This experience has impacted my perception of Princess...not in a positive way.  That's why I needed to share and process the feedback.  

It's all good!  

I also think you should try calling again and getting another rep..  I had one tell me that the cruise had to start and finish by December 2022 in order to use the FCC.  Next call, the rep confirmed that as long as the cruise starts by the expiration date, the remainder of the sailing can go past.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I also think you should try calling again and getting another rep..  I had one tell me that the cruise had to start and finish by December 2022 in order to use the FCC.  Next call, the rep confirmed that as long as the cruise starts by the expiration date, the remainder of the sailing can go past.

I called three times yesterday, 26 mins, 49 mins, 18 minutes.  Just don't have it in me to do it again.  The agent who denied my request had me on hold for a long time and I do believe she tried.  

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

And if they do it for you, why not do it for the next "minor request"?

I see where Princess has done nothing wrong.  I would like people and companies to bend the rules for me but somehow I am not entitled to that when the rules were so clearly spelled out.  We all know that they are more then a fair, flexible and understanding company.  Team Princess here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

I called three times yesterday, 26 mins, 49 mins, 18 minutes.  Just don't have it in me to do it again.  The agent who denied my request had me on hold for a long time and I do believe she tried.  

Ok, I missed that part...yeah three times is enough.  You were lucky on the wait times too.

• Haha 1

By using Book with Confidence policy, and cancelling my cruise within 30 days of sailing, Princess extended most of my FCC to September 2023. I did not have to ask.

had to wait abit to get all FCC back to reuse them.

• Like 2

I would call the PVP dept not any one person. If you push zero you will get the customer service people in that dept. I think they will help you. They are always nice

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

I see where Princess has done nothing wrong.  I would like people and companies to bend the rules for me but somehow I am not entitled to that when the rules were so clearly spelled out.  We all know that they are more then a fair, flexible and understanding company.  Team Princess here.

"Team Princess"...  and the post further up that asks, " where you draw the line?..." 

The economic principle is "Rules VS Discretion".  Do you follow the rules hard core?  There is certainly something to say for a standardized response, so that everyone knows the rules and knows what the answer will be.

Im also for TEAM PRINCESS, and it INCLUDES their loyal customers as part of that team!!  Without the customers, there is NO Team! and no reason for the corporation. 

The problem is that when there are no exceptions at all, for any reason, then CUSTOMERS may get frustrated with the hard line following of rules that may serve little practical purpose.  Such Customers might very well FIRE Princess/quit the team! 

When enough people do Fire Princess/quit the team (and I wont go down the list of reasons I have at the moment for doing so), then Princess goes out of business.  When your Team folds, where are you then?

(Maximize shareholder wealth  (the goal of the corporation) may suggest that flexibility  (Discretion) is a better course of action than unbending, inflexible Rules.  )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dog said:

By using Book with Confidence policy, and cancelling my cruise within 30 days of sailing, Princess extended most of my FCC to September 2023. I did not have to ask.

Curious how long it took to get all of your FCC back?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Curious how long it took to get all of your FCC back?

Thanks.

Happened twice. Got most FCC back within a couple of days, remainder -small amount a week.  Second time rep moved all FCC while I was in phone with her. She knew how to do it- obviously experienced.

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dog said:

Thank you for the reminder! I have 2 days to get that done!

• Like 1

Twenty eight days is a month. Why do you feel they should make an exception for you? The line has to be drawn somewhere. A day or two sure - even a week at the outside. But four weeks later??? That smacks of entitlement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sirclean said:

"Team Princess"...  and the post further up that asks, " where you draw the line?..." 

The economic principle is "Rules VS Discretion".  Do you follow the rules hard core?  There is certainly something to say for a standardized response, so that everyone knows the rules and knows what the answer will be.

Im also for TEAM PRINCESS, and it INCLUDES their loyal customers as part of that team!!  Without the customers, there is NO Team! and no reason for the corporation. 

The problem is that when there are no exceptions at all, for any reason, then CUSTOMERS may get frustrated with the hard line following of rules that may serve little practical purpose.  Such Customers might very well FIRE Princess/quit the team! 

When enough people do Fire Princess/quit the team (and I wont go down the list of reasons I have at the moment for doing so), then Princess goes out of business.  When your Team folds, where are you then?

(Maximize shareholder wealth  (the goal of the corporation) may suggest that flexibility  (Discretion) is a better course of action than unbending, inflexible Rules.  )

So then it is OK to wear shorts in the MDR..... 🙂

• Haha 1