Diamond lounge Questions… coffee, tea, food options?

Swann5

It’s been awhile since our last RCCI cruise and we are wondering what is being offered in the diamond lounge these days, especially with things opening up more recently.  Do they still have coffee machines that make a variety of fresh beverages? Do they have a good variety of caffeine free teas? (Is there a better selection in Windjammer?) What hours can DL be accessed? Still 24/7? What are the breakfast options in Diamond club? Was it busy? We will be on Vision of the Seas (Radiance class). Thanks to recent cruisers who can relay their experience. 
Dianne

Also, a minor point. Vision of the Seas is a Vision class ship. Slightly older than the Radiance class, but it shouldn’t make much difference in what they serve you. 

The lounge is still 24/7 by card access. There is not always staff in there in the late hours but you can always get coffee and tea whenever you want. 

Edited by Omax4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Swann5 said:

It’s been awhile since our last RCCI cruise and we are wondering what is being offered in the diamond lounge these days, especially with things opening up more recently.  Do they still have coffee machines that make a variety of fresh beverages? Do they have a good variety of caffeine free teas? (Is there a better selection in Windjammer?) What hours can DL be accessed? Still 24/7? What are the breakfast options in Diamond club? Was it busy? We will be on Vision of the Seas (Radiance class). Thanks to recent cruisers who can relay their experience. 
Dianne

Hello,

Coffee machine - Yes;

Caffeine free teas - Only ever one, if available

Caffeine free teas in Windjammer - Only ever one - if available (though very often not).

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The coffee machine on liberty can be switched over and the same coffees are decaffeinated.  

Hello,

Yes but unfortunately it relies on someone putting decaffeinated beans in the decaffeinated hopper and very often they do not.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Omax4 said:

Also, a minor point. Vision of the Seas is a Vision class ship. Slightly older than the Radiance class, but it shouldn’t make much difference in what they serve you. 

The lounge is still 24/7 by card access. There is not always staff in there in the late hours but you can always get coffee and tea whenever you want. 

Thanks, we are actually on Jewel; I should have checked my own signature! 😳

Does anyone know if they have a good selection of herbal teas in DL or Windjammer? I would rather not bring my own tea with me, but as I can't have caffeine, I do want to be able to enjoy some warm beverages. 

Thanks for all the answers.

Yes, there are toasters, and that pic looks to be breakfast. They do typically have some meats and cheeses at breakfast. Don't specifically recall seeing mustard/mayo but sure the attendant would find some if you asked for it - otherwise just snag some from the WJ and keep it handy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Tea Bags on board. - Page 3 - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic  Community

Thanks so much for the photos, neverbeenhere, they really are worth a thousand words! I appreciate your taking the time to take them and post them! Happy Cruising!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Just noticed that one of the 1st day welcome letters posted mentioned that there were hours for coffee 7am to 9pm.  Is coffee available 24 hours especially early morning before 7? 

No the hours of the are often even shorter than the hours on the sign🙄

5 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Just noticed that one of the 1st day welcome letters posted mentioned that there were hours for coffee 7am to 9pm.  Is coffee available 24 hours especially early morning before 7? 

Hello,

Pre pandemic it was available 24*7. Post, or during, pandemic nothing was available 'self serve' - a member of the crew served you and the hours variously quoted were the hours they were in attendance.

As everything either opens-up or loosens-up, we may go back to how things used to be.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
punctuation
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 10:19 AM, happy cruzer said:

Pictures are very helpful.  Notice bread is served.  Is there a toaster?  Condiments for making a sandwich?

Thanks.

liberty had a toaster but on grandeur we have toast covered with a napkin. What I havent seen before are these cute little jars of orange and strawberry preserves. 

20220512_083258.jpg

• Like 2

I moved a couple earl grey up from a lower shelf that was too dark to show, but here on baby sized grandeur here is what tea our diamond lounge offers. ..plus a nice large room with large windows overlooking the aft.

20220512_083852.jpg

• Like 2

The tea selection can vary greatly from ship to ship, so I always bring my own since I also need to drink decaf. If you like iced tea, my tip is to brew double-strength tea from decaf teabags of your choice in the Promenade cafe with hot water from the urn, and get ice from the service counter or from a freestyle soda machine (if available) to ice down the tea once brewed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a report from last week Liberty of the Seas DL.  Hours were 7am to 8pm.  Door locked at other hours in our experience.  Continental breakfast did not have cereal and milk; did have parfaits, lox, meats, pastries, and toast.  Snacks looked good about 4 hot trays and others, could have made a light meal of them.  Coffee machine worked but was bit temperamental, had to be reset occasionally.  About 6 kinds of tea bags available.  Overall it was a nice feature to have available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1