Anyone seeing any Covid counts on RC ships?

8 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I just got off the Wonder of the Seas also and like you I did not see a real effort on cleaning in the the WindJammer.  General wipe down and people around the food not taking any precautions.  I tested Negative and so was able to make my flight which is another story of coughing and sneezing...without masks.  Good luck and speedy recovery.

Did you put info about lack of cleaning in WJ on your survey?   

I will definitely miss the crew serving at buffet.   Loved it on our last 3 cruises this winter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I just got off the Wonder of the Seas also and like you I did not see a real effort on cleaning in the the WindJammer.  General wipe down and people around the food not taking any precautions.  I tested Negative and so was able to make my flight which is another story of coughing and sneezing...without masks.  Good luck and speedy recovery.

Studies from the get go on COVID have determined that the virus doesn't last very long on surfaces and constant extraordinary cleaning isn't necessary.  COVID is a respiratory virus and you get it from others, mostly in closed underventilated spaces where you are in close contact with others for a period of time.

Cleaning and sneeze shields work best against Noro and other viruses transmitted by touch.  these are readily handled by normal cleaning.

2 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Studies from the get go on COVID have determined that the virus doesn't last very long on surfaces and constant extraordinary cleaning isn't necessary.  COVID is a respiratory virus and you get it from others, mostly in closed underventilated spaces where you are in close contact with others for a period of time.

Cleaning and sneeze shields work best against Noro and other viruses transmitted by touch.  these are readily handled by normal cleaning.

Something is not working if 3% test positive.  Elevators were extremely crowded and no spacing in the shows could be a contributing cause.  Stayed out of elevators and selected seating away from crowd.  Must have worked as not tested positive.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, sherman931 said:

Just got off the Allure (8 day Caribbean cruise). We docked in FLL on Saturday May 28. I live in Palm Beach county so no airport or flights home. Less than 2 days later Mon May 30 I became symptomatic and tested positive for Covid. The timing leads me to conclude I was infected while on board Allure during the latter days of the cruise. Immediately went into self isolation. Symptoms match what one would experience with a severe cold. A little concerned that the cruise lines are not being transparent about Covid. No questions about Covid on the post cruise survey - ignorance is bliss. 

I read through the posts & replies to this.  Am I missing something here?  May 28th hasn't happened yet.  Was it April or March maybe?  If it was May 28th las

t year, a whole lot has changed since then.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Maybe that will keep the amount of people running to get tested to a minimum then. Even covid tests are not free anymore on land.

Could be a strategic move on RC's part to undercut the CDC's incessant push for testing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

Something is not working if 3% test positive.  Elevators were extremely crowded and no spacing in the shows could be a contributing cause.  Stayed out of elevators and selected seating away from crowd.  Must have worked as not tested positive.

Or the tests are incorrect.

29 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

No one has ever gotten covid from 2 minutes in an elevator. Just like no one has ever gotten covid walking from the entrance to a restaurant to their table.

Edited by smokeybandit

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

No one has ever gotten covid from 2 minutes in an elevator. Just like no one has ever gotten covid walking from the entrance to a restaurant to their table.

Exactly as the CDC and the WH says you need to be less than 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more.

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

You have never been in any crowded areas, unmasked in the last year? 

In open areas yes, I am just more concerned with the idea of quarintine in a room on the ship.  Outside I am not planning just if there is a long wait in the area or perhaps in the showroom sitting for one hour.  I am not a masker going to the store or anything, in fact my son had his wedding in January during omicron outbreak.  If I was home I wouldn't be concern.  

9 minutes ago, mar915 said:

In open areas yes, I am just more concerned with the idea of quarintine in a room on the ship.  Outside I am not planning just if there is a long wait in the area or perhaps in the showroom sitting for one hour.  I am not a masker going to the store or anything, in fact my son had his wedding in January during omicron outbreak.  If I was home I wouldn't be concern.  

Yeah I get the quarantine and that would stink. 

All these protocols - masks (yes, no, half way through), testing (getting the results in time, is it the right test, how many days before), contact tracing and possible isolation, positive test and quarantine in a lesser cabin, make a cruise not seem worth being at sea.  Spending my vacation money places that don't require all that and it doesn't matter what the % of covid is.

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

All these protocols - masks (yes, no, half way through), testing (getting the results in time, is it the right test, how many days before), contact tracing and possible isolation, positive test and quarantine in a lesser cabin, make a cruise not seem worth being at sea.  Spending my vacation money places that don't require all that and it doesn't matter what the % of covid is.

I have been waiting 4 years to go on vacation and this is our 3rd try from 2 cruises cancelled. I am still not vaccinated and holding out and hoping the testing is stopped by then. It is a lot, I agree and if we didn't have money invested, we would probably do something else too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

These things don't bother me.  I'll do whatever it takes to go on the types of vacations that I enjoy, including cruising!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

These things don't bother me.  I'll do whatever it takes to go on the types of vacations that I enjoy, including cruising!

Those things all bother me and I just wouldn't enjoy a vacation that includes them.  Especially when there are vacations that don't require them.  We loved cruising but we just got back from a land vacation where we had just as much fun as we did on cruises.

2 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

I have been waiting 4 years to go on vacation and this is our 3rd try from 2 cruises cancelled. I am still not vaccinated and holding out and hoping the testing is stopped by then. It is a lot, I agree and if we didn't have money invested, we would probably do something else too.

I do not see the need to be vaccinated going away anytime soon.     Testing yes that will stop as long as we don't have more variants that create an issue.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do not see the need to be vaccinated going away anytime soon.     Testing yes that will stop as long as we don't have more variants that create an issue.

Afraid you may be correct.  Although it's worked so well...well sorta...ok, disregard that.  Unfortunately, the powers that be are so enmeshed in their initial guidance and will refuse to change in an attempt to save face.  (Yes, I got the jabs a year ago...and they say 'I'm good' lol).

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know, this is the last thing I have to be vaccinated for 😞

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Unvaccinated (especially older folks) typically get sicker than those who are vaccinated.  Maybe the cruiselines are trying to avoid having unlimited numbers of people who get very sick vs those who are vaccinated test  positive, but do not require interevention, such as hospitalization.  And before this becomes a big debate, I understand some vaccinated can also get quite sick, but that is not typical.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1