Any Reports of Covid Issues on Carnival sailings?

kwokpot

Over on the Celebrity board there's been lengthy discussions about Covid issues on two Celebrity ships,the Silhouette who's Transatlantic sailing and now Europe sailing is being hampered but Covid cases for both crew and guests. The Apex is also reporting cases and will be embarking on her transatlantic with Covid onboard. Then there was a news report about a Princess ship that had Covid issues. Yet the Carnival board is strangely silent on any current Covid cases on board sailings. 

This thread is just to keep people informed and not meant to alarm or cause controversy. I'm currently on day 13 on the MardiGras and there's been nothing concerning Covid cases. No interruptions in services, venues, shows; everything seems normal. 

Anyone care to share any factual information?

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not naive to believe there's zero cases on board a ship with over 7,000 people (crew and guests) but when service, venues,or activities get cancelled or affected because of crew being quarantined then it becomes more of an issue.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Over on the Celebrity board there's been lengthy discussions about Covid issues on two Celebrity ships,the Silhouette who's Transatlantic sailing and now Europe sailing is being hampered but Covid cases for both crew and guests. The Apex is also reporting cases and will be embarking on her transatlantic with Covid onboard. Then there was a news report about a Princess ship that had Covid issues. Yet the Carnival board is strangely silent on any current Covid cases on board sailings. 

This thread is just to keep people informed and not meant to alarm or cause controversy. I'm currently on day 13 on the MardiGras and there's been nothing concerning Covid cases. No interruptions in services, venues, shows; everything seems normal. 

I think this was just yesterday. The reason they now have to wear masks is covid onboard. ..and just look at the ships color. They arent green

Some from my April 16 Mardi Gras group have tested positive after cruise - me included - I would say about a dozen have reported positive tests. But that's just my facebook group. 

Very few were wearing masks and people crowded into the elevators. I should have worn a mask but didn't. Luckily I got a mild case.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lecach said:

Some from my April 16 Mardi Gras group have tested positive after cruise - me included - I would say about a dozen have reported positive tests. But that's just my facebook group. 

Very few were wearing masks and people crowded into the elevators. I should have worn a mask but didn't. Luckily I got a mild case.

Sorry to hear that. Wishing you a quick recovery. I was on your cruise too. So many families with kids,due to the Easter holiday.

12 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Sorry to hear that. Wishing you a quick recovery. I was on your cruise too. So many families with kids,due to the Easter holiday.

I'll be honest - getting to work from home all week with my dog and having time to do all my vacay laundry has not been a bad thing. I am mostly recovered and my 17 year old son and Mom didn't get it thank goodness!   I heard a LOT of coughing while on the ship. I started with a tickle in my throat on Thursday but thought it was allergies after doing the ATV's in the jungle of Roatan. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I’ll be on the Mardi Gras May 7 so I checked the CDC cruise covid tracking page today to see that the Mardi Gras is level orange (which means that more than .3% of passengers and crew are positive) and the CDC has started an investigation. 

last I checked was a few weeks ago and their were no cases on board. 

*Justvwanted to add that over .03% could be 22 or more people. Not exactly a large number. 

Edited by kellylw
Clarification

One of the 15 day Princess cruises had some cases because I read an article about it where a lady was making a stink because they quarantined her elderly mother to her room and never checked on her. With that said, I strongly suspect most of the people on 15 day Princess cruises are elderly so probably a much higher chance of being symptomatic. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Just bring some DayQuil and NyQuil and maybe grab some pseudoephedrine from the pharmacy. Should cover any small symptoms and keep the cruise enjoyable no matter what. 

Just added them to my shopping list - thanks!  Be Prepared!  OMG, am I ready to cruise again!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MizMoon said:

Just added them to my shopping list - thanks!  Be Prepared!  OMG, am I ready to cruise again!

You can add some RoboTablets from Amazon too if you want to cover all the bases. The combo pills are OK but sometimes you just want to target specific symptoms. Hope you have a great cruise! 

I came off the Vista on April 16th. They had 8 performers quarantined. Our Facebook page had many passengers reporting positive tests after the cruise. I think that Carnival may have been a little premature about going to max capacity and no masks. Passenger safety needs to be the number 1 priority.

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

someone on rcl vision reported she saw a lady outside the door to her cabin who yelled she was positive and she wasnt leaving her cabin. I guess she was leaving to quarantine and men in haz mat suits showed up to drag her there. 

I'm boarding a ship next week and my timing seems so so. Dread the b2b testing.

Hope you have a great trip and the odds are in your favor! 

19 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Carnival is foregoing  b2b testing,at least on their US port sailings.

sometimes...

I am booked on back-to-back cruises. Will I be tested in between voyages?

Unvaccinated guests will be tested on board in between voyages. From time to time, vaccinated guests may be tested in between voyages.

Back-to-back guests traveling on another Carnival Cruise Line ship within one day of disembarking their first voyage should inform onboard Guest Services in advance so they can receive the required pre-travel COVID-19 test before they disembark. Guests must present their negative test results upon arrival at the cruise terminal for their next voyage.

Back-to-back guests traveling on another Carnival Cruise Line ship within 2-7 days of when they disembark their first voyage should present proof of their previous cruise to the health screening staff at check-in so they can receive the required pre-travel COVID-19 test at the cruise terminal.

The test will be offered on a complimentary basis to vaccinated guests and included in the US$60 (for guests ages 5-11) and $150 (for guests age 12 and older) testing and reporting fee assessed to unvaccinated guests.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Carnival is foregoing  b2b testing,at least on their US port sailings.

I missed this. When did this start? I see blerk posted above most vaccinated will be not tested.

There isnt any cdc info on covid for my ship which is being moved from Barbados to Galveston and I'll be on first cruise out of usa. 

Fingers crossed.

Edited by firefly333

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I missed this. When did this start? I see blerk posted above most vaccinated will be not tested.

There isnt any cdc info on covid for my ship which is being moved from Barbados to Galveston and I'll be on first cruise out of usa. 

Fingers crossed.

I think serveral weeks ago. I'm on a b2b on the MardiGras and there was no testing between the two sailings. From what I understand it's up to each ship whether they want to test b2b cruisers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bguppies said:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Green-Elation, Glory, Paradise, Radiance,

Yellow-Breeze, Conquest, dream, Splendor, Sunrise, Sunshine,
Orange-Ecstasy,Freedom. Horizon,Legend, Liberty, Magic, Mardi Gras, Miracle, Panorama, Spirit,Vista

Any ideas as to why Carnival Pride is not anywhere on the list.  She's currently on a 14-day transatlantic Tampa to Barcelona.   It seems the longer cruises are where the counts are going up,  and I will be on a 12-day cruise next month, so I would like to see her reports. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Any ideas as to why Carnival Pride is not anywhere on the list.  She's currently on a 14-day transatlantic Tampa to Barcelona.   It seems the longer cruises are where the counts are going up,  and I will be on a 12-day cruise next month, so I would like to see her reports. 

Quoting myself.  I just realized the CDC only monitors ships in U.S. waters and this cruise isn't returning to a U.S. port.