EZ Air Disaster...

Thrak

20 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I just checked my Travel Summary and the Booking Confirmation and those numbers do not appear in it. Just the number that is answered only during working hours.

Apologies if I mis-spoke ... but that was my memory.

26 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Shows in both my travel summaries for upcoming cruises.  It is is the section titled “fights” (fyi, I don’t have any flights) that is just before the itinerary. 

Princess En Route Desk Contact Info:

• Within the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-800-545-0008.
  • Outside of the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-661-284-4410.
  • Within Australia, please call 13 24 88.

Exactly the same numbers in my travel summary. Has always been there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

How is someone supposed to get the in-transit emergency line number if they need to notify princess during the hours the regular number is not answering calls?

The info is provided in the Travel Summary.

4 hours ago, pamwigs said:

Stories like this are why we book on our own. Too many nightmare stories. Who wants the stress and extra work? Going on a cruise should be fun.

Why are stories like this why you book your own transportation?  The airline cancelled their flight at the "last minute" and they needed to get rebooked in a hurry.  In their case EZ Air should have immediately done it for them if the airline couldn't or wouldn't.  If you were in that situation, wouldn't you have to do all the work yourself and have all the stress anyway?

I, too, make all my air arrangements, but last minute changes or cancellations by the carrier can be a HUGE problem, regardless of who booked the reservation

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Av8tor said:

Why are stories like this why you book your own transportation?  The airline cancelled their flight at the "last minute" and they needed to get rebooked in a hurry.  In their case EZ Air should have immediately done it for them if the airline couldn't or wouldn't.  If you were in that situation, wouldn't you have to do all the work yourself and have all the stress anyway?

I, too, make all my air arrangements, but last minute changes or cancellations by the carrier can be a HUGE problem, regardless of who booked the reservation

EZAir flights are always being changed or canceled.

Like I said. EZAir is a headache. 

1 hour ago, pamwigs said:

^^^^ You make it sound like EZAir is an airline, which of course it is not.   They are simply a TA offering those flights which are provided to them by the airlines. It is the airlines which are changing or cancelling flights.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The info is provided in the Travel Summary.

No, that phone number is not in the Travel Summary for the cruise I just missed nor is it in the one from 2019. The only phone number is the standard customer support/sales number. I could send you the PDF of my travel summary if you want. I probably have paper copies of older Travel Summaries somewhere...

Could be another bug in their software or by design they do not include it for people that live near a port. Could be because I book directly at princess.com and a different template is used for such bookings.

Edited by brisalta

6 minutes ago, brisalta said:

No, that phone number is not in the Travel Summary for the cruise I just missed nor is it in the one from 2019. The only phone number is the standard customer support/sales number. I could send you the PDF of my travel summary if you want. I probably have paper copies of older Travel Summaries somewhere...

Could be another bug in their software or by design they do not include it for people that live near a port. Could be because I book directly at princess.com and a different template is used for such bookings.

May I ask you to try looking again in the section headed "Flights"?  Here is a copy/paste of one of mine - and it is one I don't have any flights for as it is in the middle of a B2B2B.

FLIGHTS

If you have booked Princess Air, the details of your flight arrangements are as follows. Please note your flight times and how they correspond with the departure and arrival times of your voyage.

Please be aware that for flights booked through Princess the airlines may not have a record of your names until 45 days prior to departure. All flight times given are approximate and are subject to change. Princess Cruises has no control over changes airlines may make to flight times but will inform you of any changes.

If you encounter unforeseen flight or weather-related delays, you'll need to advise accordingly:

• If you have booked EZAir, please contact the Princess En Route Desk for assistance with rebooking options.
  • If you have made independent flight arrangements and have not booked Princess Vacation Protection, please contact the Princess En Route Desk so they can inform the ship of your delays.

• Within the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-800-545-0008.
  • Outside of the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-661-284-4410.

If you have booked Princess Vacation Protection and have made independent flight arrangements (have not booked EZAir), call the travel assistance provider under the plan:

• Within the U.S. or Canada: 1-877-303-5909.
  • Outside of the U.S. or Canada, call collect: 1-516-342-4594.

Note: Only Princess-provided flights will be reflected on this page.

35 minutes ago, brisalta said:

As a frequent and reliable poster and with this earnest post you made, I did some sleuthing.  I agree that I did not find the emergency/delayed travel number in older Travel Summaries.  I have PDF copies - even multiples - for Princess voyages back to 2009.  Sometimes, I didn't save all of the pages. 

But that number was somewhere, so my theory is that it was part of the information in the old Boarding Passes we would print off or download to a phone.  I know it was published as I have had it for more than a decade.  The rest of my theory is when they removed BP's from Cruise Personalizer, they added the travel delay information to the Travel Summary.  None of my old TS's have the details I pasted into the above post #84.  

I don't seem to have retained any PDF's, nor hardcopies of BP's, so I cannot check/prove my theory.  I suppose those weren't relevant after entering the terminal building.  Sometimes, I wonder why I have PCL documents from voyages from a decade or more ago.  

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

LOL - So I went totally anal on this one.  I just Googled and Googled, finally deciding to try for an IMAGE of a Princess BP.  And I found one!!!  And my theory is proven!!  The travel delay/emergency info was included on the old paper BP.  With that gone, they have moved it to the Travel Summary.

ETA:  I would say the change occurred in early June, 2021, when PCL released the MC App and removed functionality from the Cruise Personalizer.

See below:

Capture.JPG.69969c88db0b46cb743aff3bf9988414.JPG

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

May I ask you to try looking again in the section headed "Flights"?  Here is a copy/paste of one of mine - and it is one I don't have any flights for as it is in the middle of a B2B2B.

FLIGHTS

If you have booked Princess Air, the details of your flight arrangements are as follows. Please note your flight times and how they correspond with the departure and arrival times of your voyage.

Please be aware that for flights booked through Princess the airlines may not have a record of your names until 45 days prior to departure. All flight times given are approximate and are subject to change. Princess Cruises has no control over changes airlines may make to flight times but will inform you of any changes.

If you encounter unforeseen flight or weather-related delays, you'll need to advise accordingly:

• If you have booked EZAir, please contact the Princess En Route Desk for assistance with rebooking options.
  • If you have made independent flight arrangements and have not booked Princess Vacation Protection, please contact the Princess En Route Desk so they can inform the ship of your delays.

• Within the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-800-545-0008.
  • Outside of the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-661-284-4410.

If you have booked Princess Vacation Protection and have made independent flight arrangements (have not booked EZAir), call the travel assistance provider under the plan:

• Within the U.S. or Canada: 1-877-303-5909.
  • Outside of the U.S. or Canada, call collect: 1-516-342-4594.

Note: Only Princess-provided flights will be reflected on this page.

If you had bothered to actually read the whole thread you would see in #75 I posted a screenshot of the Flights section of one of my travel summaries. What is in mine is very different. It is possible that they use a different template for bookings made by people in Canada such as you.

34 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

LOL - So I went totally anal on this one.  I just Googled and Googled, finally deciding to try for an IMAGE of a Princess BP.  And I found one!!!  And my theory is proven!!  The travel delay/emergency info was included on the old paper BP.  With that gone, they have moved it to the Travel Summary.

ETA:  I would say the change occurred in early June, 2021, when PCL released the MC App and removed functionality from the Cruise Personalizer.

See below:

I went back a number of years in my paper records and none had the the phone number to call if delayed reaching the port except an e-ticket boarding pass from 2015.

By the way I live less than 20 minutes from the port.

By the way the corkage fee was on the luggage tags that one would print at home.

I have a new CVP assigned to me. When I speak with the CVP I will mention the anomaly with the travel summaries that I have been receiving. It might be because I do not book flights.

Edited by brisalta

13 minutes ago, brisalta said:

If you had bothered to actually read the whole thread you would see in #75 I posted a screenshot of the Flights section of one of my travel summaries. What is in mine is very different. It is possible that they use a different template for bookings made by people in Canada such as you.

I think what happened was that I replied to Post #72 and since Page 3 of the thread was full, my response posted and CC "threw" me to Page 4 and I caught up there and never got back to last two posts on Page 3 since I got into a rabbit hole looking for where PCL provided those numbers. 

NO, the templates are not any different for Canada.  Didn't mean to annoy you - I was just trying to get to the bottom of the mystery.  Others have the new Travel Summary info - interesting that you don't.  Read on below...

3 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I went back a number of years in my paper records and none had the the phone number to call if delayed reaching the port.

By the way I live less than 20 minutes from the port.

By the way the corkage fee was on the luggage tags that one would print at home.

Fascinating if they analyze guest location (residence) and realize you should never have an en route travel issue.  Lucky you!!  (If only the MC App was that smart).

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think what happened was that I replied to Post #72 and since Page 3 of the thread was full, my response posted and CC "threw" me to Page 4 and I caught up there and never got back to last two posts on Page 3 since I got into a rabbit hole looking for where PCL provided those numbers. 

NO, the templates are not any different for Canada.  Didn't mean to annoy you - I was just trying to get to the bottom of the mystery.  Others have the new Travel Summary info - interesting that you don't.  Read on below...

Fascinating if they analyze guest location (residence) and realize you should never have an en route travel issue.  Lucky you!!  (If only the MC App was that smart).

Hah! "Fascinating if they analyze guest location (residence) and realize you should never have an en route travel issue.  Lucky you!!  (If only the MC App was that smart)."  Now that is a big assumption on their part if that is what they have done.  All I need is to get suck in traffic behind a wreck on I280. Actually happened to me one day. Saw a vehicle go out of control about 10 vehicles ahead and suddenly all lanes were blocked with no way to get off. Sat there for some time.

It would not be the MC App that would be doing the geolocation but a server side logic that would flag what template to use. (I actually was on a development team that had that as one feature of many in a major MDM application development platform that could do really scary things with data in the wrong hands).

By the way I had not finished editing my response #88 before you replied.

There definitely is something strange going on with the Travel Summary and/or Booking Confirmation and I will mention it to my CVP. The phone number needs to be in both those documents.

Edited by brisalta

3 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Hah! "Fascinating if they analyze guest location (residence) and realize you should never have an en route travel issue.  Lucky you!!  (If only the MC App was that smart)."  Now that is a big assumption on their part if that is what they have done.  All I need is to get suck in traffic behind a wreck on I280. Actually happened to me one day. Saw a vehicle go out of control about 10 vehicles ahead and suddenly all lanes were blocked with no way to get off. Sat there for some time.

It would not be the MC App that would be doing the geolocation but a server side logic that would flag what template to use. (I actually was on a development team that had that as one feature of many in a major MDM application development platform that could do really scary things with data in the wrong hands).

Let me know if your CVP has any insight into why you are not getting the notice.  Seems odd they wouldn't just generate it into all TS's.  Feel free to provide them my text from Post #84.  Seems like it should be standard boilerplate text plugged in.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Let me know if your CVP has any insight into why you are not getting the notice.  Seems odd they wouldn't just generate it into all TS's.  Feel free to provide them my text from Post #84.  Seems like it should be standard boilerplate text plugged in.

Will do! In my software R & D career I have seen some strange stuff done. Much of it done by juniors trying to show off and inserting code that was not part of design or the functional specification.

Just a ping so I get a notification so I can find this again.

Edited by brisalta

27 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Hah! "Fascinating if they analyze guest location (residence) and realize you should never have an en route travel issue. 

They did not do much analysis when after booking a cruise from a port 30 miles from my house they sent an E-mail to me saying:

"Reserve hassle-free transfers between the airport and your cruise terminal."

When what I really need is a hassle-free transfer between my driveway and the cruise terminal.

And then a few days later an E-mail from Princess said:

"Princess EZair® offers flight suggestions that fit your vacation dates, low prices and the peace of mind that we'll get you to the ship. It's just another service that Princess provides that makes you feel taken care of."

Of course the airport for this peace of mind is further from my house than the cruise terminal is.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

See below:

Just another bad result from disabling the personalizer in order to make everyone use the Medallion.  😒

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

They did not do much analysis when after booking a cruise from a port 30 miles from my house they sent an E-mail to me saying:

"Reserve hassle-free transfers between the airport and your cruise terminal."

When what I really need is a hassle-free transfer between my driveway and the cruise terminal.

And then a few days later an E-mail from Princess said:

"Princess EZair® offers flight suggestions that fit your vacation dates, low prices and the peace of mind that we'll get you to the ship. It's just another service that Princess provides that makes you feel taken care of."

Of course the airport for this peace of mind is further from my house than the cruise terminal is.

Princess IT systems seem to work in mysterious ways. Never had that particular email sent to me.

14 hours ago, pamwigs said:

13 hours ago, racj846 said:

^^^^ You make it sound like EZAir is an airline, which of course it is not.   They are simply a TA offering those flights which are provided to them by the airlines. It is the airlines which are changing or cancelling flights.

I certainly understand that airlines frequently change and/or cancel flights.  This has gotten worse during the pandemic.

It is my understanding the EZ air will not just randomly  change my flights.  Any change has to be driven by the airline.  I sure hope my understanding is correct.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pamwigs said:

Airline flights in general are being changed and cancelled, not just EZ Air.

We once had a flight changed from Newark to Fort Lauderdale direct to a stopover in Dallas. And if we were lucky, we might get there in time to wave goodbye to the cruise. It was a flight we had booked directly, not through any cruise line. 

So I have the same problem booked flights through Princess. British airways Glasgow - Heathrow - Rome. Found out over a week ago BA cancelled the Heathrow - Rome flight through the BA web site. Tried to contact Princess 3 hours on hold gave up. Next day tried again again on hold. Held on so long I was connected with the USA customer service.  Sorry can’t help you try again later. Next day tried again called the flights dept after an hour finally got through. Explained about the cancellation reply we don’t know anything about it. You need to contact the flight department. Reply I did contact the flight department. Sorry there is no one here from flight. So who are you long pause customer service and I can’t help you but I will seen an E-mail to flights. Reply but if there is no one there who will respond    We are very busy at the moment you will need to wait. So that was all a week ago have tried every day to speak to flights with no luck. Cruise personliser is still not reflecting the cancelled flight. The on hold music is driving me up the wall. I have sent multiple e-mails on the contact us form received the automatic reply then nothing more.

sorry for the rant