Princess Medallion

6 hours ago, Expo67 said:

Not quite sure why any of us should go thru the frustration of adding health docs to the app since they still make us show them at embarkation. It might get you a green lane but anyone that showed up early was still welcomed in so even that theory fails. 😵💫

There should be enforcement of given check in times.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am still in the Blue Lane, so what happens if you turn up with no boarding pass? Do you get tortured and thrown into the water?  Anybody got experience of blue lane treatment at OPT? 

A lot of info on this thread but not helping me.  I have green ticks for all except first bit..Personal Information. A box pops up 'You information here matches that with which your booking was made with. It cannot be edited on here.'

Will not permit me to save and get the green tick. Doing my head in.

Edited by NSWP

37 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Well I am still in the Blue Lane, so what happens if you turn up with no boarding pass? Do you get tortured and thrown into the water?  Anybody got experience of blue lane treatment at OPT? 

A lot of info on this thread but not helping me.  I have green ticks for all except first bit..Personal Information. A box pops up 'You information here matches that with which your booking was made with. It cannot be edited on here.'

If you turn up without a medallion ,they put you in a taxi and take you to white bay and you are put on Pacific Explorer.
No captain’s circle  for you uncle Les.  It’s the bogan drinking circle.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, you will be cast into the water. Torture is reserved for P&O though.

• Haha 1

🙄🙄🙄🙄 we do have such "helpful" members here at times 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don't panic, Les.

Print your travel summary from the Personalizer - that's your boarding pass since you don't have a smartphone.

You'll need your photo id, and a printout of your vaccination certificate which they will ask to see. Then you attest your RAT was negative. You'll then get your medallion and go through the security screening as usual before boarding. You "ding on" with the medallion. Easy peasy!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I had a similar problem with my husbands medallion app. Turns out the cruise planner had put his date of birth incorrectly, so I could not get thru to the next step. Once I contacted him re his details, he went thru to the green lane. BTW I have some elderly friends on our first Majestic cruise and they do not have a computer or smart phone, their cruise planner just told them to turn up at the Port with their documents and RAT  tests results. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Don't panic, Les.

Print your travel summary from the Personalizer - that's your boarding pass since you don't have a smartphone.

You'll need your photo id, and a printout of your vaccination certificate which they will ask to see. Then you attest your RAT was negative. You'll then get your medallion and go through the security screening as usual before boarding. You "ding on" with the medallion. Easy peasy!

Full moon has been and gone ,we are a bit late Julie.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Don't panic, Les.

Thanks, printed all that out and luggage tags. Been up since 4am trying to sort it. I will take the lot plus passport etc. I will still be in the blue lane though won't I, not the Green Lane or Elite lane?

The above sounds easy.👍

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks, printed all that out and luggage tags. Been up since 4am trying to sort it. I will take the lot plus passport etc. I will still be in the blue lane though won't I, not the Green Lane or Elite lane?

The above sounds easy.👍

I'll let you know after Saturday how the OPT is handling the embarkations. It was a bit chaotic in Brisbane but very quick. 

Blue lane just means you need to prove your ID and vaxx status before they will let you join the check-in queue. When you get that far, your cruise summary says you are elite and you can join that speshul queue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Blue lane just means you need to prove your ID and vaxx status before they will let you join the check-in queue. When you get that far, your cruise summary says you are elite and you can join that speshul queue.

Thanks Geoff, lowers my BP a bit with what you and Julie have said.  But no spethial treatment from Graham as he is the opposition, lol Only red carpet for spethial people on RCI/Celebrity.

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg.af2d538e4ec032880a41c5e2aec5ea7f.jpg

Edited by NSWP

53 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'll let you know after Saturday how the OPT is handling the embarkations. It was a bit chaotic in Brisbane but very quick. 

Brisbane got very good at it. Seamless for the last Coral one of the season. Let's hope they get it down pat quickly in Sydney

Just now, NSWP said:

Thanks Geoff, lowers my BP a bit with what you and Julie have said.  But no spethial treatment from Graham is the opposition, lol Only red carpet for spethial people on RCI/Celebrity.

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg.af2d538e4ec032880a41c5e2aec5ea7f.jpg

It is Princess. There will be plenty of rugs in the terminal.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

The above sounds easy.👍

Hi, I've only done one cruise with the new fangled medallion app and we got ourselves to green lane. 

You're not trying to board with all those early birds hoping they'll still be serving breakfast so I don't think going to the blue lane will slow your boarding down any. 

However, I'm convinced the app is a bit of a gimmick. We painstakingly uploaded our security photos - Keith looked like a criminal and I don't know how many pictures I took of myself until I got a reasonably flattering one. We uploaded our rat photos and completed the health questionnaire in app.  We flew to the cruise and I'd logged into the app as soon as boarding times were avaliable, choosing group B.

On finally arriving at the terminal ours and others' QR code disappeared from the app so we showed the cruise summary. Boarding times were ignored however priority was given to platinum, elites and those with mobility issues. At check-in desk staff re-took ours and everyone's security photos, they asked the health questions and had we done a rat test and got a negative result. There was no naughty corner for the blue people and everything was fast.

So I figure, nice as it was to get to green and the QR code, it really didn't make any difference in the end.  You'll be fine, they have your money and will be wanting to get you on board and spending money as soon as possible 😊

Edited by Jean C
  • Like 2

We took and uploaded photos before our previous cruise then they took new photos when we boarded. However there was one difference. When we took the photos we left our glasses on, we had to remove our glasses for the photos they took. 

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

The above sounds easy.👍

They asked us if we were Platinum or elite, so that should help you get onboard faster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

On finally arriving at the terminal ours and others' QR code disappeared from the app so we showed the cruise summary. Boarding times were ignored however priority was given to platinum, elites and those with mobility issues. At check-in desk staff re-took ours and everyone's security photos, they asked the health questions and had we done a rat test and got a negative result. There was no naughty corner for the blue people and everything was fast.

Priority isn't necessarily given for mobility/wheelchair assistance. Those that they are employing to push the wheelchairs are given priority, as they don't want to pay them to stand in queues all day. Yes, that will put wheelchairs at the front of queue, but only when there is an assistant available. There are times when the wheelchair assistance gets busy, and you need to wait in turn for them to return from the ship.

I found that most of my cruises were showing green lane but one was still blue.  Found out that I hadn't completed the request for the medallion bit.  Hadn't hit submit.  Did that and that cruise changed to green. 

All are too far away to do the medical part yet or pick a boarding time.  First cruise is just over 2 months away so in about 10 days I will be tearing my hair out again going around in circles trying to get boarding time.

My app shows me in blue lane for the cruise departing Saturday, but Princess assures me I am green lane on their end. I only booked the cruise last week, so the problem is related to ordering the medallion. Apparently Princess automatically orders the free basic one and lanyard if you miss the order date, but then the app does not recognise that it has been ordered. The problem has been escalated, but I’m not sure if they will fix it their end before the cruise departs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We took and uploaded photos before our previous cruise then they took new photos when we boarded. However there was one difference. When we took the photos we left our glasses on, we had to remove our glasses for the photos they took. 

They took new photos but we could leave glasses on - they used mine but my travelling companion had her old one still (the selfie from home) - who knows the mysteries of Princess😁

• Like 1