Verifly

On 5/4/2022 at 10:01 PM, sambamama said:

I've tried to use the Verifly app numerous times. It is garbage. It doesn't allow uploading and there is no help. I spent hours, and gave up. I use paper. 

I initially had problems with Verifly in that it didn't give me a link to upload our vaccination records.  After several attempts and lots of research (I couldn't find any helpful information on this), I decided to delete the app and start all over.  Once the app was downloaded again, I was able to add our cruise, take our pictures, and the link showed up to upload pictures of our vaccination records.  I am very technically saavy and get frustrated by applications that don't work propery or are not user-friendly!!  I always think how difficult these situations are for my parents and feel that the companies responsible for developing these applications should put them through more stringent quality tests, especially if they are to be used by those of us considered seniors!  (My rant is now done...  lol)

• Like 2

I have an upcoming cruise on the Rotterdam in August.  I've tried to upload copies of the vaccination records but the link in Verifly doesn't work for records, it does work for adding the picture of my wife.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled, no change.  Perhaps there's a window of days prior to the cruise before it works?  I'm not going to fret too much, I've used Verifly with American Airlines and Viking Ocean, it worked but many port agents just ask for the paper copies anyway??  

Just returned from a 7 day Alaska cruise on the Eurodam.

My husband and I had everything completed and approved for VeriFLY app before we left home. (The health assessment link became active around 6 pm (CDT) on Wednesday for our Saturday embarkation.) 

The morning of our cruise we logged into the VeriFLY app just to make sure everything was in order and my husband's app showed an error message. No way to make any changes so he tried deleting the app and starting over. As soon as he did he got another message saying "Sorry, information can not be uploaded after 8 am today." (Or something like that.) 

When we got to the cruise terminal we saw a representative holding a VeriFLY sign at the door and motioning people to go right in. The line for those without VeriFLY snaked back and forth next to the building and way out into the parking lot. We got into that line. 🤕

It took us 30 minutes to get close to the door and an employee was reminding people what documents they needed to have ready. I told her that I had VeriFLY but my husband's app had quit working. She asked if his had been approved before the error message (which it had) and looked up our names on a list. She printed out a small slip of paper and told us to go ahead and go through the VeriFLY line. Once in the building, this allowed us to skip the rest of the regular line that zigzagged back and forth inside and go right to check in. I will note that there was still a bit of a line for everyone in the building to get passports scanned, but the VeriFLY app saved us a lot of waiting. 

• Thanks 1

I consider myself technically savy and pretty much spent three weeks troubleshooting Verifly  for them.  I sent copies of their responses to HAL along with a lot of negative comments. At the very last moment all worked and we were rewarded by walking past 100 passengers waiting to check in in SD.

First of January the problems included unable to accept QR codes from 2 different sources. So Vaccination and Booster verification had to be photoed and submitted for manual verification. So much for QR codes. Of course your name  is not on the back of the card, but we will overlook that.

Then the 2 day or 3 day window. Took about a week to get them to accept that. Then they had some window where you couldn't submit after some date / time which caught a companion.

For me the biggest single problem was unable to see what they had accepted so I could fix it.

Really go tired of being referred to their help /no help page.

If I hadn't had a lot of spare time I would of called it insurmountable.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, my initial experience with Verifly was negative, too.

I'm a software engineer by training who is comfortable with her smart phone. The app installed fine, it was easy to create my account and add my second stateroom passenger, but no form of QR code was accepted by the app. (I tried using the digital copy on my phone, taking a screenshot of the phone's copy, scanning it from a screen, and printing it before scanning off of paper.)

Especially irritating is the fact that there is no FAQ about the error message I got. ("Sorry. An unexpected error occurred. Please see the log files" with no error logs I could find to check in the app's settings.) My only option was to contact tech support. Ugh!

Deleting and re-installing the app didn't solve my problem, either.

BUT, here is one good thing to say about Verifly. Their Help Desk responded very quickly (within an hour) and explained *my* issue. You can't upload your vaccine record until within 30 days of a cruise!

Of course, a better app would have responded to my attempt to upload documents outside the allowed time period with a MEANINGFUL MESSAGE that explained the problem. Instead of "unexpected error," Verifly should pop up "It's too early to upload this document." Then, I would've had a more positive impression of the product overall.

--willo

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 1:38 PM, Wendy-Europe said:

VeriFly  had no problems with the QR-Code of an EU-vaccination certificate.

How did you do this? It could not be done in the digital way. I finally decided not to use Verifly as my level of stress mounted. I embarked in the shortest of times with HAL Navigator, passport, creditcard, EU QR code, and test results.

9 hours ago, MAVIP said:

How did you do this? It could not be done in the digital way. I finally decided not to use Verifly as my level of stress mounted. I embarked in the shortest of times with HAL Navigator, passport, creditcard, EU QR code, and test results.

I just scanned the QR Code with my Smartphone. And it was recognized - I used this type of certificate

Clipboard01.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Wendy-Europe said:

I just scanned the QR Code with my Smartphone. And it was recognized - I used this type of certificate

Clipboard01.jpg

Thank you very much! I will try again with our EU certificates before our next cruise in August. Pity that Verifly Help Desk did not suggest this. 

I will also take everything in printed form - if I understand it correctly, not every port agent knows what to do with VeriFly.
But I wanted to try it out. Tech nerd and all....
The vaccination certificate is step 1 (that you can enter very long before the trip).
Shortly before departure, you then fill out the health information in the Holland America account (not the app!) (we can't do that yet - I'll post it when it's ready, whether it worked with the automatic transfer to the app) and at the very end again the Covid test before departure. (probably a scan of the printed form you get after the test)
No idea if everything will work out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wendy-Europe said:

The vaccination certificate is step 1 (that you can enter very long before the trip).

Be aware the you can't submit proof of vaccination until 30 days or less before your trip, at least for a US departure.

Verifly tech support told me this in an email yesterday.

14 minutes ago, willoL said:

Be aware the you can't submit proof of vaccination until 30 days or less before your trip, at least for a US departure.

That must be for US cruises as we submitted our proof of vaccination about 45 days out. We didn't have a QR code so we took pics of the front and back of our cards and submitted. They were approved in less than a half an hour. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 8:34 PM, PoppyBanks said:

I am also having this issue. My daughters results just came back from Walgreens but VeriFly will not accept them. I keep getting error messages. I tried to print the attachment from Walgreens but the QR code would

not capture. 

The Walgreens QR codes don't seem to work with the app. I downloaded a pdf on my phone and then uploaded it and inputted the info--make sure you put in the name of the person who ordered the test (not "Walgreens") which is at the top of the Walgreen's form. It took Verifly a few minutes to authorize it, then it took a few more to show up green in my Verifly and Navigator app. I also printed out the Walgreen's email and ArriveCan confirmation and my boarding pass as a backup. 

• Like 1

Success!!!!  I've uploaded the vaccine information for both of us.  Now I will only have to upload are test results three days before the cruise.  

This wasn't working for two days, and now it suddenly worked.  This is for a cruise departing Vancouver on August 7.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, willoL said:

I submitted my proof 72 days before our cruise. No problems.

On 5/9/2022 at 1:48 PM, willoL said:

Deleting and re-installing the app didn't solve my problem, either.

BUT, here is one good thing to say about Verifly. Their Help Desk responded very quickly (within an hour) and explained *my* issue. You can't upload your vaccine record until within 30 days of a cruise!

Of course, a better app would have responded to my attempt to upload documents outside the allowed time period with a MEANINGFUL MESSAGE that explained the problem. Instead of "unexpected error," Verifly should pop up "It's too early to upload this document." Then, I would've had a more positive impression of the product overall.

--willo

Hallelujah, thanks for the answer.  As I said in an earlier post this is what I expected - but glad to have the info.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:49 AM, VMax1700 said:

I successfully submitted EU vax cert on 28th April for a cruise departing June 13th. 

Both @Wendy-Europe and @VMax1700 appear to reside outside the USA. Whether the 30 day limitation is only for USA based cruise passengers, cruises departing the USA, cruises returning to the USA, or whether the help desk customer service agent told a falsehood, I can only report what I was told directly by Verifly support by an employee of Daon signing off as Andreea Virciu.

I've attached the Verifly customer support email I received on May 9th for anyone interested.

Conflicting experiences with the same app only adds to my personal opinion that Verifly should improve its user experience! Different rules by jurisdiction or false responses from customer service could be the reason for confusion; the app should give USEFUL error messages that inform the user of the reason for a failure to upload a vaccination record.

I'll resubmit my vaccine record 29 days before I embark and hope for the best, but Daon, the parent company that owns Verifly, should improve the user experience.

--willoL

Daon Customer Support response regarding Verifly.jpeg

• Like 1

We submitted our QR scanned immunization information and pictures, so all we lacked is our test and health assessment for next weeks cruise. However today we noticed that the starting page says action required (as expected) and when you click on Manage Trip the app returns an error message, but when your click on view pass it shows Ready to Sail. Based on what I’m seeing today, we’ll probably have to start from scratch within the 72 hour window.  Total garbage app that clearly was never enduser tested. It’s no wonder that only a handful of travel companies use it.

Edited by 2inSETexas
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, lderochi said:

FYI, for a Sunday embarkation, Verifly let me upload my NAAT negative test results around 8:30 PM EDT on Thursday.

Interesting, we embark on a Saturday, so we should be able to upload on Wednesday in that case. I had in my mind it would have to be Thursday, so that is great to know. I guess I wasn't counting the days correctly.

I had uploaded vaccine info a couple weeks ago. Uploaded test results from this morning, and they were approved a couple of hours later. Then got a system error message every time I tried to do the health assessment.

Deleted the app. Reinstalled. Did the whole account recovery thing. Had to take new pictures and upload vaccination and test results again, but the health assessment was already showing the green check. Hopefully, within a couple of hours, they will have reapproved our vaccine and test info and we'll be set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1