Certificate of Recovery

On 6/7/2022 at 11:24 PM, discru said:

Dan, we are in the same boat. I’m curious how the people at the port will handle if he tests positive with antigen 2 days before sailing.  I thought the Healthy Sail questionnaire asks if u have tested positive in the last 2 weeks. If so, and if you answer “yes” to that, but also have your positive PCR from 11+ days ago along with the CoR... I’m just wondering if that will cause a problem at the port. It shouldn’t, but....  

Having a positive right before sailing will certainly catch their attention, even if it’s expected because you tested positive 11+ days ago. Guess it depends on how well the port staff is trained. 

Well we all tested negative today so no worries!!  Hoping the same for you.

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Someone who cruised with a COR posted on FB that they were allowed off the ship at Labadee. They said that their Seapass card was not flagged to not let them off

It is port by port dependent.  Makes sense they would be let off at Labadee since it it the exclusive, self enclosed RCCL privately owned portion of Haiti.  Some ports let you off with a CoR, some don't as far as I'm aware.  I'm just going by what RCCL's website says.  I don't remember the exact verbiage, but if you are curious you could call RCCL and provide your itinerary and they can let you know if any of the ports won't let you off with only a CoR, etc...

Dan

51 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Makes sense they would be let off at Labadee since it it the exclusive, self enclosed RCCL privately owned portion of Haiti. 

Except, RCI told a customer they wouldn't be able to, so there's that......

3 hours ago, topnole said:

Typically Royal.  We were told you must be vaccinated to use a COR.  I wonder if that is wrong or you got a one off exception to this.  

This is the wording on the cruise line website:

A Certificate of Recovery will not be accepted in lieu of a vaccination record card for guests of vaccine eligible age. All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail

The child in questing is too young to be vaccinated, so the COR was used in lieu of a negative test, not a vaccine card.  

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 10:19 PM, SNemeth said:

Husband and I cruised April 4th on Independence out of Port Canaveral using Certificate of Recovery.  The process is a little different and there are a few extra steps, but we had no issues boarding.  You must have the positive lab test results during the 11-90 day time frame and they must be a PCR test.  They will not accept any other test.  We had lab results from our medical record at the hospital where I work.  In addition we had a letter on letterhead from a Nurse Practitioner that outlined the dates we tested positive, our quarantine dates and the providers certification that we were recovered.  This letter can be written at any time after recovery.  When we arrived at the terminal before we were let inside each passenger had to show the proof of vaccination and negative test.  Our kids had the negative test and we had the COR.  Those with the COR were given a sticker to wear and told we needed to wear in until we boarded the ship.  Once inside we proceeded to check in where those with a negative test were given a review and sent to the security screening.  Husband and I with COR had to wait for what appeared to be a supervisor to come over to review the PCR test results and letter.  They then had to scan the documents into the system using the Ipad they were using to check us in.  Once that was done our experience boarding was just like everyone else.  We did pack Emed tests in our carryon so that if there were issues we could go find a corner to do a test, but it was not necessary.  

Thank you.

I was hoping we would be able to upload all of this prior to the cruise.

So I guess we have to wait until boarding?

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

This is the wording on the cruise line website:

A Certificate of Recovery will not be accepted in lieu of a vaccination record card for guests of vaccine eligible age. All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail

The child in questing is too young to be vaccinated, so the COR was used in lieu of a negative test, not a vaccine card.  

I understand the situation.  And I am saying I was told that unvaccinated guests can’t use a certificate of recovery to replace testing.  I know this is unrelated to a COR replacing a vaccine.  Two independent variables.  

8 hours ago, xtremegk said:

It was out of Cape Liberty, if that helps. Also, it doesn't say anywhere on Royal's site (and it's not in the CDC guidance, which is what they're following) that COR is only for vaccinated.

I agree.  But I was told by Royal employee who I believe is very knowledgeable on these things.  Regardless, glad it worked for you all.  Much better than testing and waiting at the pier to board.  

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Except, RCI told a customer they wouldn't be able to, so there's that......

LOL.  I guess I shouldn't assume like that.  I'm just glad we all tested negative today (with NAAT even).  No need for the CoR that we went through the work to get, just in case.

Dan

30 minutes ago, topnole said:

I understand the situation.  And I am saying I was told that unvaccinated guests can’t use a certificate of recovery to replace testing.  I know this is unrelated to a COR replacing a vaccine.  Two independent variables.  

You can't believe everything you are told, even if it is someone you consider "knowledgeable".  Those at the pier have final say as to who boards and who doesn't.

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You can't believe everything you are told, even if it is someone you consider "knowledgeable".  Those at the pier have final say as to who boards and who doesn't.

I’m aware of that.   However, this was an officer on the ship.  I assume they know what they are talking about?  Maybe not.  

• 4 weeks later...

Question about the COR doctors note and it’s timeline. If you test positive 11 days out when can the note from your doctor be dated? I’m asking because my son tested positive and the pediatrician is convinced it’s from his positive in April and not a new infection. It’s seem shady if he tested positive on June 30 and the letter is dated July 5th. 

9 hours ago, Carlo16 said:

Question about the COR doctors note and it’s timeline. If you test positive 11 days out when can the note from your doctor be dated? I’m asking because my son tested positive and the pediatrician is convinced it’s from his positive in April and not a new infection. It’s seem shady if he tested positive on June 30 and the letter is dated July 5th. 

The letter has to be dated at least 11 days after the positive test 

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

The letter has to be dated at least 11 days after the positive test 

Thank You that makes sense. I got off the phone with Royal and they said it just has to be within 2 days of embarkation. That didn’t sound right. 

14 hours ago, Carlo16 said:

When is your cruise?  If it is within 90 days of his April pcr test and that test is document she can write it using the April test date and date the letterr July 5th.

I just cruised twice with a COR (fully vaccinated). First cruise, no problem, they accepted the COR and moved on. Second cruise, they called over the supervisors, and everyone was looking at the positive PCR result from a month ago along with the COR. The rep said to me, "This says you tested positive!" and I showed her the old date of the test and the COR doctor's note. She kept on repeating that this was a positive result, and I needed a negative test to board the ship. She finally asked me if I tested negative at any point after I recovered and I said Yes, and then she allowed me to board. It was very odd.  I knew if it escalated further, there would not be a problem, but this set of reps did not seem educated in the COR process.

• Like 1

What a nightmare. First person I spoke with told me the letter AND the pcr test must be 11-90 days out. When I questioned that and said how can they test positive and recover the same day, she said that’s fine. The next person I spoke to said if you test positive 11 days out that I need to reschedule my cruise because I can’t get a certificate within 11 days. I can’t believe there isn’t anything in writing, at least that I can find, that has a timeframe from the positive test to the date on the certificate of recovery. 

3 hours ago, Carlo16 said:

What a nightmare. First person I spoke with told me the letter AND the pcr test must be 11-90 days out. When I questioned that and said how can they test positive and recover the same day, she said that’s fine. The next person I spoke to said if you test positive 11 days out that I need to reschedule my cruise because I can’t get a certificate within 11 days. I can’t believe there isn’t anything in writing, at least that I can find, that has a timeframe from the positive test to the date on the certificate of recovery. 

The certificate of recovery has to be dated at least 11 days after your positive PCR test. 

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

The certificate of recovery has to be dated at least 11 days after your positive PCR test. 

Yes, also note all the details that need to be included on the PCR result, including lab name, lab address and CLIA number. That is pretty standard in the USA, but not always included in other countries.

@xtremegk, we are also thinking of using eviviacare for our RoC. We are cruising first of August with Disney Cruise Line and they are very strict on the words used in the letter. Would you be able to send me the text eviviacare puts on the letter, or a screenshot without your personal information on it of course. This way I can verify before paying them.

Many thanks

18 hours ago, swuyts said:

Would you be able to send me the text eviviacare puts on the letter, or a screenshot without your personal information on it of course.

Welcome to CC.

@xtremegk the @ use is sometimes tricky - must ensure the poster name is highlighted for it to work.

On 7/7/2022 at 4:22 PM, swuyts said:

@xtremegk, we are also thinking of using eviviacare for our RoC. We are cruising first of August with Disney Cruise Line and they are very strict on the words used in the letter. Would you be able to send me the text eviviacare puts on the letter, or a screenshot without your personal information on it of course. This way I can verify before paying them.

Many thanks

It isn't so much a letter as it is a form or document. However, it is fully CDC compliant, so unless DCL is asking for more than the CDC was, it will suffice.

Reading through this because we are 81 days from boarding and everyone in the house currently has COVID. (DH and 12-yr-old daughter have fever, bad cough, and are sleeping all day, but me and 10-yr-old son are completely asymptomatic.)

We're all vaxxed and boosted, and went for confirmation PCR tests (after the home tests turned positive) just so we could go the COR route if we wanted to.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 8:00 PM, molly361 said:

No it doesn't. The test that is used for the certificate of recovery must be 11 days before the cruise. The certificate of recovery does not need to be dated 11 days after the test. Mine is only dated 8 days after, and I have had no problem using it over and over. Even the RCI website says the test must be 11 days prior, and makes no mention of the COR being dated 11 days prior. The sentence in the policy is referring to the test. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Reading through this because we are 81 days from boarding and everyone in the house currently has COVID. (DH and 12-yr-old daughter have fever, bad cough, and are sleeping all day, but me and 10-yr-old son are completely asymptomatic.)

We're all vaxxed and boosted, and went for confirmation PCR tests (after the home tests turned positive) just so we could go the COR route if we wanted to.

UPDATE: The three of them are all positive, and I'm negative. I assume I just tested too soon, so will be going back tomorrow to redo it. Son is still asymptomatic. Husband and daughter are still sleeping all day and are sick.