VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet - question about how many devices

Ok, so my husband and I are taking our adult children on a cruise.  
I was looking to add the
 VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet, as it is on sale.

My question is, can I just purchase 1 package under my name for multiple devices, and then just let them use it as well? It is much cheaper than getting an individual plan for each stateroom (for them to share).

Anyone do this?

Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, MCazer said:

The difference in price is crazy ridiculous!

so glad I can do this instead!

I am doing the same on our next cruise. My kids do not need their own login's and we just need to be able to communicate. 

1 minute ago, mandyleighflies said:

I am doing the same on our next cruise. My kids do not need their own login's and we just need to be able to communicate. 

I believe you can communicate via the chat feature of the RC app for free if that's truly all they need it for.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, MCazer said:

Ok, so my husband and I are taking our adult children on a cruise.  
I was looking to add the
 VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet, as it is on sale.

My question is, can I just purchase 1 package under my name for multiple devices, and then just let them use it as well? It is much cheaper than getting an individual plan for each stateroom (for them to share).

Anyone do this?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, but only one device at a time, if that's not a problem you are good.

My son and I always used to share the internet package.  Only one can be connected at a time.   Unfortunately he's older now and will get his own, but sharing a big savings if everyone can be flexible.  

Was going to ask this as well!  I am guessing the people who said only one device at a time only bought the 1 device package?

We are traveling with our 3 children and thinking of getting the 4 device package.  This would mean that at any one time, 4 of us can be connected to the wifi on our phones?  And if we wanted to use a different device, someone would have to log off the original device and log on on the new device?

Just want to be sure I have this clear before I make the purchase.

Also, if we decide to change our minds, when would we have to cancel?

4 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

This would mean that at any one time, 4 of us can be connected to the wifi on our phones?

And if we wanted to use a different device, someone would have to log off the original device and log on on the new device?

Yes.

Yes.

Up to two days out in the planner pre cruise and for OBC on board the ship.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

Yes, but only one device at a time, if that's not a problem you are good.

So you’re saying that if I purchase for 4 devices, we can’t actively use 4 devices at the same time? 

I mean, who would actually purchase 4 devices for one person’s use? 
I would think If we all sign in with same credentials on our phones or iPads, that 4 devices should be able to be used at the same time. If not, why would anyone pay for more than one?  My husband and I have always shared the one account and just logged off. As it was one device at a time. But if you pay for 4, then 4 devices should be available at the same time. 

Am I wrong?

2 hours ago, MCazer said:

So you’re saying that if I purchase for 4 devices, we can’t actively use 4 devices at the same time? 

I mean, who would actually purchase 4 devices for one person’s use? 
I would think If we all sign in with same credentials on our phones or iPads, that 4 devices should be able to be used at the same time. If not, why would anyone pay for more than one?  My husband and I have always shared the one account and just logged off. As it was one device at a time. But if you pay for 4, then 4 devices should be available at the same time. 

Am I wrong?

NO if you purchase 4 device you can use all 4 at the same time, I thought, maybe mistakenly that you wanted to purchase one. Sorry if I confused the issue.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

My bad, thanks.

Still useful if all they want to do is chat.

This is GREAT to know, I will for sure pay $2 to keep tabs on my two teenagers lol

11 hours ago, cruise1957 said:

NO if you purchase 4 device you can use all 4 at the same time, I thought, maybe mistakenly that you wanted to purchase one. Sorry if I confused the issue.

This is also good to know, I paid for 3 devices with one package so we should be able to use them at the same time, that's how I read it when I booked it so I'm glad to see some clarification of my thoughts. I need all the thought clarification I can get these days 😄

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

This is GREAT to know, I will for sure pay $2 to keep tabs on my two teenagers lol

This is also good to know, I paid for 3 devices with one package so we should be able to use them at the same time, that's how I read it when I booked it so I'm glad to see some clarification of my thoughts. I need all the thought clarification I can get these days 😄

Just want to make sure you understood that if you really just want them to be able to use their phones for CHAT ONLY, no actual internet, apps, etc... you don't have to buy any full plan for them, you can just get them the $1.99 plan for chat.

Maybe you did, just double checking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just want to make sure you understood that if you really just want them to be able to use their phones for CHAT ONLY, no actual internet, apps, etc... you don't have to buy any full plan for them, you can just get them the $1.99 plan for chat.

Maybe you did, just double checking.

I was not aware at the time of booking but that's fine, they will drive me nuts without talking to their friends anyway. Peace and Quiet can for sure be purchased. ❤️😄

21 hours ago, bayportkat said:

Was going to ask this as well!  I am guessing the people who said only one device at a time only bought the 1 device package?

We are traveling with our 3 children and thinking of getting the 4 device package.  This would mean that at any one time, 4 of us can be connected to the wifi on our phones?  And if we wanted to use a different device, someone would have to log off the original device and log on on the new device?

Just want to be sure I have this clear before I make the purchase.

Yes, purchase the 4 device package. Much less expensive than four one-device packages. When purchasing in your cruise planner, when they show you the names and ask who you are buying for, only check off one person's name. If you check off all four people you will end up with four four-device packages!

Four devices can be connected at one time. If you have a fifth device, for example you want to use your computer instead of your phone, you can log off your phone and then log on your computer. If you don't log off before logging onto the new device the system will automatically log off one of the other devices (randomly selected). Logging off is simple, you just go to logout.com on your browser.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When you purchase 4 devices it can be shared with those in other rooms too.  We buy a 4 device plan and share it with our cruise friends in another room.

Yes, its just a login and password.  The wifi doesn't know who the device belongs to.