Equinox, what´s up with your pricing?

Nemanoxer

Just returned from the 12 nights Ultimate Caribbean tour on the Equinox.

Was overall quite satisfied. Food is far down from what it was in her early days, met some interesting people I would not have expected on Celebrity, and a bit of her outer glitter and bling is gone (I understand she will be taken care of in 2023? Right?).

Still, she is the boat I love the most cause I started cruising on her in 2012. Staff were mostly great again, and current production show cast is a bomb (especially the two female vocal leads).

So, even with the mediocre food and the rusty bits - how come I am finding a cruise to the ABC Islands (which usually pose the Caribbeans most expensive destination) for about 700 Dollars for 9 nights in a veranda stateroom? I know there was / is some pando going on. Parts of the world eye on a WWIII fear. The ship is kinda old.

But 700 Dollars for 9 nights to the ABCs in a veranda under Always Included conditions? Is Equinox doing so bad? Is Celebrity in such rough seas economically?

I wish I was retired. I´d spend all autumn on that ship and pay next to nothing. Equinox, what´s up with your pricing?

• Like 1

I cancelled a cruise on her and booked Edge instead because suites had not been refurbished, along with a few other reasons; however, I really enjoyed cruising on her a few years ago, along with my DH.  Both of us may cruise again on her in the future. We are still do the ABC islands at the very beginning of January, 2023.

Edited by Lastdance

Prices seem to be all over the place.  We saw 2 price reductions on one booking within 6 days ($400 and then $1116)   Got both of them and then 4 days after the 2nd price drop they increased the price by $2600.  There were only 5 CS suites when the drops happened and the same 5 were still available when they raised the price.

• Like 1

I was able to book a SV for February for $2800 as a solo.  My friends wanted to join me, but the SVs were close to $4k when they looked into it.  They are now booked in a standard verandah and still paying more than my SV.

Timing is everything! 

• Like 1

Prices have been ridiculously low at times.

The people who plan their cruising 2 years in advance for the cruise line, ship  , cabin and the itinerary seemed to be the ones cancelling when Omicron reared up in January. The planners were faced with uncertainty and so better to cancel now and rebook when know what to expect.

I would guess that the guests willing to pay a premium  price for a premium experience, are cancelling as experience subject to stress of figuring out how to use emed/Navica, reductions in services due to Covid, far less socializing and socializing a bit strained.

so , “price destruction”

I am benefitting with being able to afford and space to book, 7 weeks of cruising in April and May of 2023.  2 weeks will be on the Equinox starting May 15th.

Inside cabin but still so glad to be aboard.

Forgot to point out I am from Germany. Usually US guests appear to get the best pricing, but seemingly my German TA has caught some pretty crazy deals somehow. 

Like I saw prices on my TA´s website that were about half the price that I got from X´s website. That´s crazy.

Sadly, I had to find that I caught Covid on the Equinox. Think I will not try cruising again in this year and maybe also not next year. My Covid might eventually stay kind of not too bad, but I do not need it from every cruise...

A very variable market at present…We are paying a lot for a Silhouette cruise from Southampton in October (there have been no suite rooms left for months) but have a great price for the Silhouette from Miami next Spring. 

Let’s just hope we all manage a few bargains but that Celebrity (in particular) and other cruise lines generally can get over the last few very challenging years…