Anyone after a casual job at the new BICT

I noticed this on FB if anyone is after a casual job at the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal 

it’s a copy & paste

Cruising is back on the calendar folks and Brisbane’s fantastic new cruise terminal needs staff. If you or anyone you know needs a part time casual job then seek email below. 

We are just reaching out if you have any friends or family members who are seeking casual work at Brisbane International Cruise Terminal and would like to join the team, please ask them to send an email to 

Brisbane.staffing@akorndmc.com

Edited by rkmw
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rkmw said:

I noticed this on FB if anyone is after a casual job at the new Brisbane Cruise Terminal 

it’s a copy & paste

Cruising is back on the calendar folks and Brisbane’s fantastic new cruise terminal needs staff. If you or anyone you know needs a part time casual job then seek email below. 

We are just reaching out if you have any friends or family members who are seeking casual work at Brisbane International Cruise Terminal and would like to join the team, please ask them to send an email to 

Brisbane.staffing@akorndmc.com

Break my heart watching everyone going on cruises and leaving me behind 😂😂😂😂

Just now, Cbtours said:

Never know cruisers have family and friends if after a casual job and they might get

you quicker on the ship

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cbtours said:

You get used to it 😁😁…….it is “ normally” a fun job and very interesting..you  get you  to see the “ other side” of cruising and  meet some “ different”  people. This company advertising does all the Carnival lines whereas we do Royal, Celebrity, NCL.
It is a great job for a cruise  “ enthusiast” 👍

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

You get used to it 😁😁…….it is “ normally” a fun job and very interesting..you  get you  to see the “ other side” of cruising and  meet some “ different”  people. This company advertising does all the Carnival lines whereas we do Royal, Celebrity, NCL.

I gather that will be the same for Brisbane, but how will they go initially when they will only have Quantum to turnaround? Is it likely that similar staff will work for both agencies?

There has been a few I have noticed some years back in Sydney, wearing a P&O name tag one day, and a Royal Caribbean one the next.

20 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I’m sure it would be a great job seriously! Watching everyone being excited about going on holidays would be cool!

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I gather that will be the same for Brisbane, but how will they go initially when they will only have Quantum to turnaround? Is it likely that similar staff will work for both agencies?

There has been a few I have noticed some years back in Sydney, wearing a P&O name tag one day, and a Royal Caribbean one the next.

Yes, initially this season there will not be an abundance of ships in Brisbane and there is no real reason someone could not work for both companies as is the case in Sydney  ( I have done the same )but as the ship turns increase loyalties and personal preferences  will generally sort out who you work for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I have met some great people /staff in the cruise terminals, some really do give you a real red carpet experience.

And some( guests ) even give you chocolates 👍👍😁😁😁

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I have met some great people /staff in the cruise terminals, some really do give you a real red carpet experience.

And there are others who shall remain nameless that refuse to treat you as spethshial as I really are.

14 minutes ago, mr walker said:

image.thumb.jpeg.39c2f806ac7e280e0cffee39420a28fc.jpeg
photo of Mum on Grahams special red carpet back in 2015.

Wow, seven years  ago,  the   third level check in pre renos……AH the good old days .Would like to know what happened to that carpet.

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What a great photo of a special birthday.  I didn't know the red carpet treatment was real.  

It was, but only for “special people”  (and a couple of others that thought they were ) 😂😂😂😂  It disappeared during the terminal renovations .

26 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Wow, seven years  ago,  the   third level check in pre renos……AH the good old days .Would like to know what happened to that carpet.

Yep made its debut the day of the Lindt cafe siege, Dec 15, 2014. Conveniently lost shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep made its debut the day of the Lindt cafe siege, Dec 15, 2014. Conveniently lost shortly thereafter.

Celebrity Century was it not?  Good fun and friendships  made with great (spethial" ) people.

102.JPG.b6648794eaa9326a23300aa792fcd93c.JPG

On 5/13/2022 at 8:38 AM, gbenjo said:

Yes, initially this season there will not be an abundance of ships in Brisbane and there is no real reason someone could not work for both companies as is the case in Sydney  ( I have done the same )but as the ship turns increase loyalties and personal preferences  will generally sort out who you work for.

Will you be at White Bay on 31st May, or are you dedicated to the other company?

17 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Celebrity Century was it not?  Good fun and friendships  made with great (spethial" ) people.

Yep Century, first time I actually got to meet you in person, also our first cruise after about 7 year break. We were a bit hesitant about both the size of the ship and Celebrity but it was a great cruise.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Will you be at White Bay on 31st May, or are you dedicated to the other company?

No …..Happy just working  for best   😁
I have to wait till October for the “comeback “ 

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep Century, first time I actually got to meet you in person, also our first cruise after about 7 year break. We were a bit hesitant about both the size of the ship and Celebrity but it was a great cruise.

A memorable day for a couple of reasons..the Llindt Cafe was bad …but ..then you showed up 😂😂………. but  conversely,  Mrs Gut is a lovely lady.👍

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Yes, Celebrity Century, 6 night cruise to Burnie, Melbourne, Hobart and back to Sydney, crossed the Strait 4 times. We cruised with a large group of friends and family for RosieCanberra's birthday.

41 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

A memorable day for a couple of reasons..the Llindt Cafe was bad …but ..then you showed up 😂😂………. but  conversely,  Mrs Gut is a lovely lady.👍

But not real bright judging by the company she keeps.