LIVE..........Allure of the Seas...........May 14-----May 22, 2022................ "Just state the Facts Ma'am"

Arrived at Embassy suites and booked it over a year ago before prices went “sky rocket in flight”. Also tacked on their $30 request for an early room.  Comfortably in our room with beautiful view of street. Not complaining. 

Getting ready to do our Publix run.  Sun tan lotion, yadi yadi yadi. 

Our cab ride was $18. 75. Before tip. 
He was cute. He spoke fluent “non English “. It was one of those head nodders like you understood every word he said. 

Ok. Time to go shopping. 

Buy buy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

OMG. 

It begins. 

Now we always stay at the Embassy Suites for the convenience and safety.  So as we are getting ready to leave I open the curtains and there is a body lying in the parking lot across the street.  Wish I brought binoculars. It kinda looks like there could be movement Post Mortem.    

Or there could be some movement. 

Did what any concerned person would do when they saw the wheel chair and shopping cart. 
Closed the curtain 

0F664EE0-A8E4-4508-AAE2-DDE9C6994B45.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So as we are getting ready to leave I open the curtains and there is a body lying in the parking lot

Or it could have been a homeless person napping.  We have seen a few up near our hotel.  In fact, one lady took up residence in her lounge chair, right in front of the cross walk buttons.  

Maybe she was expecting payment if you wanted to push the button to cross the street. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After Publix with our lethal brown store bags in tow we kinda sorta wander over to the curb. 

Inch by inch. Step by step. No you go first. I’m not going first. NOOOO you go first. Your birthdays before mine.  Didn’t have to it moved. But why in heavens sake would anyone  lay on concrete when it’s 83 degrees. 

Chillin till 5 pm. 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Arrived at Embassy suites and booked it over a year ago before prices went “sky rocket in flight”. Also tacked on their $30 request for an early room.  Comfortably in our room with beautiful view of street. Not complaining. 

Getting ready to do our Publix run.  Sun tan lotion, yadi yadi yadi. 

Our cab ride was $18. 75. Before tip. 
He was cute. He spoke fluent “non English “. It was one of those head nodders like you understood every word he said. 

Ok. Time to go shopping. 

Buy buy. 

I stayed at Embassy last Saturday before my cruise, tried getting early check in online but was “denied”. Got to hotel at 10:30 and figured I’d sweetly ask the very nice woman, she not only got a room for me right away, but gave me 6 (😃) drink vouchers and I didn’t get charged extra for early check in. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I wonder if the person napping in the parking lot also enjoyed 6 drink vouchers? 🤣😇

At the Embassy they now only give you 2 drink vouchers per person.  

Have a selection of wines. Liquor and what looks like Jungle Juice something you would drink already drunk at a frat party. 6D33EC3B-4F4F-4CE1-8AF9-92C1961BF303.thumb.jpeg.8e9ab3655c2cea98715de37acc7544f3.jpeg

3C05E37D-4CE4-4867-BA9A-CF2A6AAE9264.jpeg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I remember the good ole days at Embassy Suites when you could have unlimited happy hour cocktails. Two is pretty weak.

Yup

So when you tip the bartender on the first run you get your coupons back. So 2 of us. 
4 drinks down. 
um

4 tickets left 

😃

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Yup

So when you tip the bartender on the first run you get your coupons back. So 2 of us. 
4 drinks down. 
um

4 tickets left 

😃

I would be good with that. Cheers!

On 5/12/2022 at 7:55 AM, Lionesss said:

I am sure many cruisers are like us.  You think you plan ahead enough to budget your time. But inevitably there is a lot of last minute things to get done.  Well I am great full because my DH eagerly helps. So after we tested negative. We divided our tasks to be done. 

Rick

put clean sheets on bed

print negative COVID test results 

confirm room in Fll

print boarding passes

take car to get washed

stop to get couple things CVS

get feeder fish for turtles 

bring lunch home 

check car tires

check oil and fluid levels 

shut off outside water

turn off toilets

pay online bills

stop mail and newspaper 

let neighbors know we will be away

make notes for house sitter. 

load suitcases in car.( When time)

get money and divide

get travel documents 

take trash to curb. 

Sue

Wash and style hair

do make up

select clothes to wear to Cleveland. 

But most importantly nag DH when it is taking him way to much time to get ready. 

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

Hilarious!

Good morning. 

Cannot sleep any longer. 

Excited. 

The day has finally arrived. 

It is cruise day. 

Stay tuned. 

I will definitely be posting how embarkation goes. 

Once again. 

It is Cruise day. 

8E788F69-D068-4B64-93B5-E305FAD87786.jpeg.0e47cee8743e3ad39ad124998cbe5275.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

There she is.   Waiting for us. 

D28E655A-461C-4F25-90C4-F7D596F05C96.thumb.jpeg.a6e9bab564090cb6eabe0a66fea736d8.jpeg

Good morning. 

Yesterday around 3pm did you walk by the Embassy suites. I saw a couple. Man with white hat and lady in dress with pink shoes leisurely stroll by. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Yesterday around 3pm did you walk by the Embassy suites. I saw a couple. Man with white hat and lady in dress with pink shoes leisurely stroll by. 

Now that sounds too early in the night for a couple dressed like that.  🤣🤣

Not us.  We were busy lounging at the pool, trying to keep the planes from flying into the hotel. 

D579510D-ADB8-4EE7-9C5B-94FA6701B6EA.thumb.jpeg.140554e781bf1e79709fcd81f8b2a7e7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning from the all included breakfast at the EMBASSY. 

We were surprised to hear that the hotel currently has more guest attending a 50 th class reunion held here yesterday or the senior Olympics. Many walkers scurrying around. 

I can only wish one day I can still get around no matter what accessories I will need. Cane  walker, chair. Just let me continue to travel. 

The hotel is starting to show its age. But very clean. Coffee very tasty. 

Sea ya 

530BF904-2ED5-4DBC-BFC4-18D64315AA7D.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5