Cases of water?

FlyingAnchor

Greetings all, 

We're sailing on Equinox on October, our first Celebrity cruise in 3.5 years! We just got done sailing on another line, and they offered the ability to pre-order cases of bottled water prior to sailing. The price per bottle was much lower than what it would cost us to buy them as we needed them onboard. We were sailing without a drink package, so this saved us quite a bit of money over the cruise! Does Celebrity offer anything like this? This will be our first time in October sailing X without a drink package as well, so I've never even looked for it before! 

Just now, WestLakeGirl said:

Under the drink packages for sale look for a water package

Thank you. I'm not interested in the water package as it won't pay for itself most likely, especially with the new 18% service charge added! 

Just curious if they offer something where they pre-deliver cases of water to the room at a discounted rate like the other line. I could only find on their FAQs where we're allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard, but nothing about water ourselves. 

3 hours ago, sarasotascott said:

We have brought water on 4 Celebrity cruises since the covid restart.  Just put a printed luggage tag on the case and they delivery right to your cabin.

Guess you got lucky.   No water, No soda, corkage charge for every bottle of wine.....

21 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Guess you got lucky.   No water, No soda, corkage charge for every bottle of wine.....

Not sure about water but I think rules have changed on corkage. This is from the alcohol policy - before you board faq. 
image.thumb.png.6a62482e857858d07703e6b54c27cb07.png

Brought a case of water onto the ship.  Nobody questioned it. We were using it to mix formula for our grandchild.  Just pasted a luggage tag onto the case. It was delivered to the cabin.  I’ve seen people carrying 12 pkg of cans of soda.  I’ve brought wine. In Europe, at wine tastings, lots of wine is sold.  Many people try and buy.  In some ports, you will find a liquor shop at the dock or close by.  Nice to be able to pour your own wine. Even with corkage fee, it beats paying for wine on the ship.  The only thing that has been taken is a bottle of rum. It was returned on last night.  

Hope folks are aware that the CURRENT Celebrity water in Classic package is in a metal like btl..and contents are not spring water, tastes bad and  we won't touch it..

we pay extra for better bottles on board, and I try to bring on a 4 to 6 pack of fiji water if it fits in carry bags. Can look for regular water btls in ports,

The tap water contains sodium. Be careful if you are prone to puffy ankles! Agree with the OP, the water in the can is terrible! And who wants to drink out of it? I was afraid I would cut my lip!

46 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

The tap water is excellent.  We take our own water bottles and refill as needed.

I was wondering about this...I have a water bottle with a filter in it. I suppose we could fill up in the buffet area, at the fitness center, and of course from the sink in our room? (Most curious about the sink in our bathroom and how safe that is to drink from.)

Edited by FlyingAnchor

3 hours ago, FlyingAnchor said:

I was wondering about this...I have a water bottle with a filter in it. I suppose we could fill up in the buffet area, at the fitness center, and of course from the sink in our room? (Most curious about the sink in our bathroom and how safe that is to drink from.)

No idea how “safe” it is - suppose it depends on one’s needs. I have always used water from the sink taps, from the jugs in Ocean View, I use frozen water (ice cubes) that they make from the same tap water, and I have never had an issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, asnaleah said:

The tap water contains sodium. Be careful if you are prone to puffy ankles! Agree with the OP, the water in the can is terrible! And who wants to drink out of it? I was afraid I would cut my lip!

No it has had the sodium removed.  If your ankles are puffy it’s more likely because of the salt in the food

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope folks are aware that the CURRENT Celebrity water in Classic package is in a metal like btl..and contents are not spring water, tastes bad and  we won't touch it..

We found the water in the cans tasted fine.  There are a couple of different vendors used.  One of them does can spring water.  Another is actually Coca Cola and they use the same filtered water used to make canned coke.

Most Municipal water supplies in the US have water that is just fine to drink, and typically safer than spring water.  That which is canned or bottled from municipal water supplies is usually run through an RO system before being bottled.

As for the ship water, it is water, from the sea, that goes through a desalination process then an RO process.  It passes through a number of filters before being tested and treated to drink.  It is perfectly safe to drink. It is routinely tested by the government agencies when the ships dock. 

5 hours ago, FlyingAnchor said:

The water from the sink in your bathroom will give you the same water served from a pitcher in the dining room.  It is safe to drink.