On Eclipse, captain Leo just mandated masks indoors

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

The assistance Celebrity provides depends on when your sailing is.  Some posting about their were on sailing that departed May 1.  Here is the assistance as of May 1.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

Thanks for posting this.  Didn't realize they had updated it.  Only thing I see missing (unless I'm missing something) is what happens for post-cruise quarantine for someone sailing from Canada.  They mention the US, European Union, and United Kingdom.  No mention of Canada.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Thanks for posting this.  Didn't realize they had updated it.  Only thing I see missing (unless I'm missing something) is what happens for post-cruise quarantine for someone sailing from Canada.  They mention the US, European Union, and United Kingdom.  No mention of Canada.

Yes I’m not sure why the Canadian cruises are not addressed at all. 

I thought that when you booked the cruise also was a factor in their Covid policy? Maybe not.  We booked a 2023 cruise out of Sydney in 2021. I guess it’s too early to address that since they aren’t sailing that part of the world yet. Fingers crossed that this wont be an issue, even though I’m pretty sure Covid will still be around. 😔 

We were also on the April 23 cruise 

1. Yes, I think on board numbers should have been made public,  either in announcements or daily newsletters 

2. In the theater  we found people did distance from others 

3. Towards the end, it seemed elevators did get more crowded,  especially given some of the elevator maintenance issues.  I did usually try to mask in elevators

4. We stayed one extra day then flew home to CA, and luckily,  no Covid.  

5. I support Captain Leo mandating masks on the following cruise given the greater numbers of positive

16 hours ago, Veinless said:

Yes I’m not sure why the Canadian cruises are not addressed at all. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/entering-leaving-canada-cruise-ship-covid-19.html

The government of Canada requires cruise lines to arrange and pay for quarantine for those who test positive during the cruise and must complete quarantine regardless of the cruise lines’s policy. I’m not sure how that applies to testing at disembarkation.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2022 at 7:08 AM, Jim_Iain said:

The policy has been slowly eliminating Celebrity's policy of covering hotels.   I believe any cruise beginning after tomorrow and cruise originated in Europe the second conditions will apply.

image.thumb.png.203413e467737a61d968bd1685229386.png

Soo..... what happens to cruises that sail after May 17th?  Just the standard cancellation policy, covid or not? That's what I am reading right?

Edited by Lunesse
answered my own question on something,. =)

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

I thought that when you booked the cruise also was a factor in their Covid policy? Maybe not.  We booked a 2023 cruise out of Sydney in 2021. I guess it’s too early to address that since they aren’t sailing that part of the world yet. Fingers crossed that this wont be an issue, even though I’m pretty sure Covid will still be around. 😔 

Check your personal contract for the ticket, whatever is in there, (so they say at the top of this linked cancellation info) would be what your situation is.

4 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

Quick question:  If you do not take out Celebrity's Cruise Care, are you still covered under their Covid policies?  We take out other medical travel insurance.  

The covid policies are independent of Cruise Care or any other insurance you might buy. Just be sure you understand the most recent updates and are willing to accept that if you do not buy insurance. There can be significant costs besides medical if you are delayed by a positive covid test.

4 minutes ago, Babr said:

The covid policies are independent of Cruise Care or any other insurance you might buy. Just be sure you understand the most recent updates and are willing to accept that if you do not buy insurance. There can be significant costs besides medical if you are delayed by a positive covid test.

Oh yes I understand...we got a really good policy for our next trip, covers it all ....but thanks for the heads up.

10 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

Quick question:  If you do not take out Celebrity's Cruise Care, are you still covered under their Covid policies?  We take out other medical travel insurance.  

This policy is separate from Cruise Care. After today's date this outlines that if you need to quarantine you can do it on the ship at no extra cost and if you purchased air through Flights by Celebrity they will cover your change fees and increase in fare to get you home. If you get off the ship yourself or booked your own air, they do not help with quarantine costs or extra costs to arrange flights home. You are on your own. I've only seen travel insurance with around a $2000 [max] coverage pertaining to Trip Delay which may not go very far. Some also exclude quarantine costs from Trip Delay coverage so chose carefully. 

11 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

This policy is separate from Cruise Care. After today's date this outlines that if you need to quarantine you can do it on the ship at no extra cost and if you purchased air through Flights by Celebrity they will cover your change fees and increase in fare to get you home. If you get off the ship yourself or booked your own air, they do not help with quarantine costs or extra costs to arrange flights home. You are on your own. I've only seen travel insurance with around a $2000 [max] coverage pertaining to Trip Delay which may not go very far. Some also exclude quarantine costs from Trip Delay coverage so chose carefully. 

IMG LX will pay $250 per person per day capped at $2,500 per person, but you are right. It still might not be enough to cover an extended stay including food and other miscellaneous expenses. One needs to shop carefully.

29 minutes ago, kjwinston2019 said:

I'm a little lost here...I thought the Eclipse was going to have all the Barnicles taken off after they got back to Vancouver. I thought they were taking 1-2 weeks in Dry dock? Am I wrong on this? 

eclipse 2.jpg

The dry dock is after the first Alaska cruise, so starting next Sunday 

1 hour ago, kjwinston2019 said:

I'm a little lost here...I thought the Eclipse was going to have all the Barnicles taken off after they got back to Vancouver. I thought they were taking 1-2 weeks in Dry dock? Am I wrong on this? 

eclipse 2.jpg

It's the May 22 sailing that has been cancelled for dry dock ... I was supposed to be on it ☹ ... now re-booked for a couple of weeks later [fingers crossed] 😁

4 hours ago, Babr said:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/entering-leaving-canada-cruise-ship-covid-19.html

The government of Canada requires cruise lines to arrange and pay for quarantine for those who test positive during the cruise and must complete quarantine regardless of the cruise lines’s policy. I’m not sure how that applies to testing at disembarkation.

How it applies, apparently, is that any quarantine is on your own dime.  That's why they don't test you the day before disembarkation like they used to do.  They don't want to get stuck paying for your quarantine.  

20 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

How it applies, apparently, is that any quarantine is on your own dime.  That's why they don't test you the day before disembarkation like they used to do.  They don't want to get stuck paying for your quarantine.  

As some others have suggested ... self test day before.  If positive with any symptoms at all (sniff, sniff), present yourself to medical for confirmation?

Edited by canderson

5 hours ago, Babr said:

That's why you need to try to do your test before disembarking  not after because once you're off the ship it appears that you are no longer their concern. 

6 hours ago, Babr said:

We got off the Millennium on last Friday in Vancouver. Here is how Celebrity is handling the testing at disembarkation. If you qualify for a free test they give you a Abbott Proctored test, otherwise they have them for sale. You are given a voucher and you collect your test from them at a table set up outside as you are disembarking. It's right before you sign out for the last time. They are not administering any tests at disembarkation, or at least they weren't on our cruise. Pretty easy to figure out why they are doing it this way. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

We got off the Millennium on last Friday in Vancouver. Here is how Celebrity is handling the testing at disembarkation. If you qualify for a free test they give you a Abbott Proctored test, otherwise they have them for sale. You are given a voucher and you collect your test from them at a table set up outside as you are disembarking. It's right before you sign out for the last time. They are not administering any tests at disembarkation, or at least they weren't on our cruise. Pretty easy to figure out why they are doing it this way. 

Interesting… we were on that sailing as well… and booked prior to 11/16/21 which was the cut off date for complimentary testing.  I called Guest Services and was told that policy was no longer in effect, that I must purchase my test.

Just now, twincheryl said:

Interesting… we were on that sailing as well… and booked prior to 11/16/21 which was the cut off date for complimentary testing.  I called Guest Services and was told that policy was no longer in effect, that I must purchase my test.

I had a printoff from their website with that information. They changed their tune at Guest Services when I presented that. It's kind of sad that we had to call their hand on it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ORV said:

I had a printoff from their website with that information. They changed their tune at Guest Services when I presented that. It's kind of sad that we had to call their hand on it. 

Good for you!  I also had that, but after I asked how to escalate the issue and was told there was nothing she could do, I decided it wasn’t worth it.  Was truly irritating.

13 hours ago, Lunesse said:

Soo..... what happens to cruises that sail after May 17th?  Just the standard cancellation policy, covid or not? That's what I am reading right?

That's how I read it for U.S. Sailings.

• Like 1