How soon can you cruise after covid+

Was thinking about going on a Royal cruise in the very near future.  
But I just tested positive.    When’s the soonest I can cruise again?   
do I have to wait a certain amount of time other than just testing negative again ?   

I can’t seem to find an answer.    

TIA

• Haha 1

In the last 10 days, have you
tested positive for COVID-19 or
have you been told that you are
positive for COVID-19?

In the last 14 days, have you
experienced a sudden loss of
taste or smell?

In the last 14 days, have you been
in contact with someone who has
influenza-like illness or confirmed
COVID-19?

I would think these health questions would keep you from boarding.

4 minutes ago, easyqueasy said:

In the last 10 days, have you
tested positive for COVID-19 or
have you been told that you are
positive for COVID-19?

In the last 14 days, have you
experienced a sudden loss of
taste or smell?

In the last 14 days, have you been
in contact with someone who has
influenza-like illness or confirmed
COVID-19?

I would think these health questions would keep you from boarding.

Are these the actual questions?  
I seem to remember these now that you post. 
so if I’m reading it right I have to be negative for more than 11 days. I’m looking at a cruise for the end of June.   And I think I’ve had covid for the last few days.   But I used one of my tests today to confirm. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You need a negative test result to board the ship............as for those questions........you can bet not everyone is honest on those.............😉

That’s it.  No cooling off period?    Makes sense I guess.   
I just hope I don’t continue to test positive like a post I just read.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

That’s it.  No cooling off period?    Makes sense I guess.   
I just hope I don’t continue to test positive like a post I just read.  

Get a PCR test now.   Then a letter of recovery if you keep testing positive for a while but are otherwise better. You would be more than fine on timing for a late June cruise.  Added benefit is you will have strong Covid immunity that soon after.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, topnole said:

Get a PCR test now.   Then a letter of recovery if you keep testing positive for a while but are otherwise better. You would be more than fine on timing for a late June cruise.  Added benefit is you will have strong Covid immunity that soon after.  

I just tested positive this am.  What would getting a test now do?    
but thanks. 

2 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

but thanks. 

To obtain a certificate of Recovery to board  you need a PCR test initially. You can then use the CoR along with proof of being vaxxed and boostered to board 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

but thanks. 

You want an official PCR test result so you can get a proof of recovery if you are still testing positive for your cruise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You need a negative test result to board the ship............as for those questions........you can bet not everyone is honest on those.............😉

You are correct!  In the old days, the questionare asked simple questions about coughing and cold and so many people on board had hacking coughs and were clearly ill.  I remember long lines at the  ships medical facility also!  

You need a certificate of recovery.

5 days of home quarantine plus 5 more days of extra masking. If you complete that, go to your PCP and get a letter of recovery as long as your symptom free.

You can test positive for weeks after you are recovered.

7 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

but thanks. 

Only a PCR test counts for COR.   If you don’t want to be able to get one of those then don’t get one.  Up to you.  Just trying to help you since you asked.  

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

No booster necessary to board.

I was particularly looking ex Italy , I agree the wording doesn't make it clear if you can board with a CoR but have not had booster.

But if you don't have the booster and your initial two jabs are more than 270 days old you are not considered 'up to date'  and will have to have multiple tests at your expense during the cruise

The info below is for Italian ports 

Screenshot_20220517-074126_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0a19a857112af541a593c412b61aadbe.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I was particularly looking ex Italy , I agree the wording doesn't make it clear if you can board with a CoR but have not had booster.

But if you don't have the booster and your initial two jabs are more than 270 days old you are not considered 'up to date'  and will have to have multiple tests at your expense during the cruise

The info below is for Italian ports 

Screenshot_20220517-074126_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0a19a857112af541a593c412b61aadbe.jpg

The part about a COR not replacing a vaccination record probably tells you what you need to know.  Interesting that the COR time is 180 days.  For Royal out of the US it is 11-90 days ago.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, topnole said:

The part about a COR not replacing a vaccination record probably tells you what you need to know.  Interesting that the COR time is 180 days.  For Royal out of the US it is 11-90 days ago.  

Yeap, I was surprised too. Caught Omicron mid Feb, so over 90 days by next cruise in June, but thats OK out of Italy. The above screenshot BTW is from Celebrity and I notice they have added a sentence that the one day prior testing has been mandated by the Italian authorities, and not the cruise line 

Edited by sgmn

2 hours ago, topnole said:
11 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Was thinking about going on a Royal cruise in the very near future.  
But I just tested positive.    When’s the soonest I can cruise again?   
do I have to wait a certain amount of time other than just testing negative again ?   

I can’t seem to find an answer.    

TIA

10 hours ago, topnole said:

2 hours ago, topnole said:

Only a PCR test counts for COR.   If you don’t want to be able to get one of those then don’t get one.  Up to you.  Just trying to help you since you asked.  

I have no problem getting a PCR test. But   Why would I get one now I just tested positive yesterday.  

the question was how long do I have to wait before I can cruise again.   

So I’m assuming as long as I have a negative test I’m good to go.  Or a COR.     Fully vaxed and bosted

3 hours ago, mattb31 said:

You need a certificate of recovery.

5 days of home quarantine plus 5 more days of extra masking. If you complete that, go to your PCP and get a letter of recovery as long as your symptom free.

You can test positive for weeks after you are recovered.

I tested positive after getting home from a cruise.  The positive was on Sunday, I had  mild symptoms and a low grade fever.  On Friday, I tested negative.  This was after temp. returned to normal after being slightly elevated three days.  I am boosted but I got a negative right away.  DH slept in the same bed and did not get Covid.  Don't worry about testing positive for the long run.  Many people test negative in a few days after symptoms improve.

37 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I have no problem getting a PCR test. But   Why would I get one now I just tested positive yesterday.  

the question was how long do I have to wait before I can cruise again.   

So I’m assuming as long as I have a negative test I’m good to go.  Or a COR.     Fully vaxed and bosted

The amount of time needed from a positive PCR starts when you’ve officially taken a PCR test. If you end up testing positive 2 weeks after a positive documented PCR test, you can board with a proof of recovery even if you test positive. If you test positive after your undocumented positive test, you can’t use a proof of recovery, because you don’t have one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

but thanks. 

I work in a hospital, and we require a covid test for procedures. If a patient has tested positive within the last 90 days, they don't need to retest. But we need a positive test to document proof of actual infection, not just your word.

I'm assuming if Royal Caribbean would accept a letter of recovery, they would want to see that you're at least 14 days off of infection and a recent letter of recovery. And that's only if you keep testing positive. 

Again this is all speculation, RC may just say you need a negative test. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hollon said:

If a person had covid a few months ago and cruise soon will you get a positive test? ALSO, how do you get a Letter of Recovery?

you would stand a better chance if taking just the antigen which is a bit less senstive.

I think a PCR test would show traces for a while.  Not sure about NAAT which is somewhat in between the two.

For frequent travelers getting over covid can be stressful and getting onto another cruise.