Sunset veranda cabin on Equinox

stevetod

So I am now looking at the sunset veranda cabin on the 6th deck and wonder if any of the balcony is covered above and can people right above see into our balcony. Overall impression of the cabin?

I'd like to know that too.😀

I know they're all adjoining, which I don't like, but that the adjoining door is on the outside of the room.  I've seen these on the X ships but have never sailed in one.

Edited by mafig

We have yet to book one, but maybe someday we will.  During our last cruise (Dec 2019), I took a few photos of Solstice's aft balconies including what you can see from the public deck above.  I am guessing this is representative of what you will find on Equinox?

image.thumb.jpeg.9d0a0e61f4cc5ddb39d9620aeb328370.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9cfaa7a7502e81c5e63c301ab8f14809.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.20749e49f3eac852dbd604229a3e64f6.jpeg

3 minutes ago, mafig said:

Thanks for the pictures.  Looks like all the balconies are about the same size.  True?

The center balconies are a bit wider than the others.  There is nothing like a SV!!!

I’ve once SV’s on Equinox and Apex..no more for me…not as much air movement or shade as a regular balcony, I found both very hot..IMHO..

LONG walk to the cabin, and I like to walk. 

The fact that people can see part of the balcony was zero concern to me…but that aspect is there. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

13 hours ago, mafig said:

I'd like to know that too.😀

I know they're all adjoining, which I don't like, but that the adjoining door is on the outside of the room.  I've seen these on the X ships but have never sailed in one.

Not picking but just for clarity for others, in terms of cruise line descriptions, staterooms that are next to each other are considered "adjoining".  Staterooms - such as these SV's that have a door between them that open to each other - are considered "connecting".  🙂 The doors for this feature are outside the stateroom in a small vestibule and do not interfere with the interior - or privacy -  of the stateroom.

SV's are among our favorite and desirable to many because of the view.  As the pictures show there is some overlap from deck to deck but this does not IMO take away from them.  You only have a partial view of those below you.  Our next Equinox cruise in December is in a SV stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On 5/18/2022 at 9:35 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

Not picking but just for clarity for others, in terms of cruise line descriptions, staterooms that are next to each other are considered "adjoining".  Staterooms - such as these SV's that have a door between them that open to each other - are considered "connecting".  🙂 The doors for this feature are outside the stateroom in a small vestibule and do not interfere with the interior - or privacy -  of the stateroom.

SV's are among our favorite and desirable to many because of the view.  As the pictures show there is some overlap from deck to deck but this does not IMO take away from them.  You only have a partial view of those below you.  Our next Equinox cruise in December is in a SV stateroom.

On 5/17/2022 at 7:27 PM, stevetod said:

So I am now looking at the sunset veranda cabin on the 6th deck and wonder if any of the balcony is covered above and can people right above see into our balcony. Overall impression of the cabin?

In February we sailed on our 20th cruise on the Millennium in a Sunset Veranda cabin on Deck 10. The deck was huge and had two loungers and two deck chairs. You can see a little of the deck below you but it is not intrusive. We usually choose a Veranda on the side of the ship. But we really loved the Sunset Veranda and have booked another for September on the Equinox.  Go for it.  How will you know if you like it if you don’t try it a least once. 

O

Just now, Susea13 said:

Just now, Susea13 said:

In February we sailed on our 20th cruise on the Millennium in a Sunset Veranda cabin on Deck 10. The deck was huge and had two loungers and two deck chairs. You can see a little of the deck below you but it is not intrusive. We usually choose a Veranda on the side of the ship. But we really loved the Sunset Veranda and have booked another for September on the Equinox.  Go for it.  How will you know if you like it if you don’t try it a least once.