Is Walgreens discontinuing rapid NAAT test?

I hope that the cruise industry is able to get this regulation lifted. It's only going to be harder and harder to get a test as time goes on. For now my county is still offering drive-through testing but that's probably on borrowed time too. And it's not available everywhere either.

• Like 3

Same in Georgia.  CVS is closing up shop along with everything ran be the Department of Health.  I think the days of just throwing tests at everything for any reason is over.  It will end up being like the flu, you will see a doctor who will test if you have symptoms.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Nothing after the 22nd in Florida.  Hoping they are just cutting back to three days available to schedule in advance instead of seven.  🤞

That's what I'm hoping as well. A few months back they were only scheduling three days in advance so that might be what's happening again.

18 minutes ago, kitten816 said:

ah! I have a test scheduled on the 25th, no email that it is canceled yet

Same here.  Hopefully they will honor the tests already booked.

Walgreens here has nothing available on the website after 5/22.

CVS in Illinois only lists 1-2 day lab test now, and you have to enter all your insurance information to schedule an appointment. 

Jewel Osco Pharmacy has COVID-19 Molecular (NAAT) Test.  Results in 20 minutes for $99*. Get a proctored, PCR-quality test by Cue - Insurance cannot be billed at this time

Looks like no more free testing.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

MANY THANKS for this heads’ up!
Geez, you’d think we would have heard on the news about the disappearing free testing opportunities.  
I just scheduled our required tests with Emergent Testing for our June 4 cruise.

We had gotten our 4th shot from them so they had all of our insurance info already.
At this time I am uncertain of any cost, since my priority was to secure a testing spot/slot in light of nothing showing for availability at Walgreens OR CVS, which were our go-tos for previous cruises.
Will do the background research on that now….

Edited by CarolSW

It appears that CVS has stopped doing tests here in Phoenix through the Covid appointment system, and have moved to performing tests through the Minute Clinics. I wonder if they will begin charging now for travel tests with this move.

6 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

It appears that CVS has stopped doing tests here in Phoenix through the Covid appointment system, and have moved to performing tests through the Minute Clinics. I wonder if they will begin charging now for travel tests with this move.

I would LOVE to have the CVS Minute Clinic here available here in Arlington, as that's where we had our tests done before our last cruise, back in August 2021. 

I looked again and appointments are now available through 5/23 - so it looks like all they've done is change the window for booking back to 3 days. That makes me feel much better.  The 5/23 morning appointments are gone but plenty of afternoon times for the Walgreens we use.  That makes me think it's because people had already booked the morning appointments prior to them cutting the booking window from 7 days to 3.  So hopefully all who already have appointments booked are safe.  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cruisemom2 said:

I looked again and appointments are now available through 5/23 - so it looks like all they've done is change the window for booking back to 3 days. That makes me feel much better.  The 5/23 morning appointments are gone but plenty of afternoon times for the Walgreens we use.  That makes me think it's because people had already booked the morning appointments prior to them cutting the booking window from 7 days to 3.  So hopefully all who already have appointments booked are safe.  😊

Same here in Bradenton.  Exactly, in fact - one day added, some morning appointments gone, all afternoon available.  

• Like 1

HERE is the current info regarding cost/insurance on Walgreens.com…
https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-testing.jsp?ban=covidfy21_newtestingpg_brandstory_main_01.09.2022

Is my COVID-19 test free at Walgreens?

Free drive-thru COVID-19 testing is available to patients ages 3+.* If you receive a Diagnostic Test and have insurance, you will be asked to show your insurance card at the appointment and the lab may bill your insurer. You will not receive a bill from Walgreens or from any lab partner.

At-home COVID-19 tests may also be covered by your insurance, check with your plan for details. 

* No-Cost COVID-19 testing is available to patients age 3 and older. Patients will not receive a bill from Walgreens or any lab partner. If you receive a Diagnostic Test and have insurance, you will be asked to show your insurance card at the appointment and the lab may bill your insurer. State and federal programs may also provide no-cost testing in your area.”

Also wanted to note this on the CVS site regarding cost/insurance at this time. 

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing/?icid=coronavirus-lp-nav-general-testing

“Is there an out-of-pocket cost for patients with insurance?

Patients with insurance should not have any out-of-pocket costs for a covered COVID-19 test, but you should check with your health plan to confirm before scheduling a test. If you have health insurance, you must bring your card with you to the test site. For patients who test negative for COVID-19 through a rapid test and come into the clinic, the clinic visit should be considered part of your test by your health plan. You likely will not have any out-of-pocket costs for the in-clinic visit, or for testing to further evaluate COVID-like symptoms, but you should check with your health plan to confirm coverage. You will be responsible for any patient cost share as determined by your insurance. If active coverage cannot be located, your test will be submitted to the federal program for the uninsured for payment.”

Edited by CarolSW