Is Walgreens rapid NAAT accepted for embarkation?

Fishboy1947

Walgreens, at least in my area, has stopped their rapid antigen testing. They offer a “rapid NAAT test” with results within 2 hours but provide no more detailed description.  Walgreens says to check with your travel provider to see if their test is accepted. Princess’ accepted NAAT tests are: 

• Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT) include: 
    • Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
    • Reverse transcription real-time PCR (RT-PCR)
    • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
    • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
    • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
    • Molecular test or molecular diagnostic
    • Isothermal amplification
    • Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
    • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)
  • Like 1

I'll NEVER set foot into another Walgreens ever! They said we'd get the results back in 2 to 4 hours and left us high and dry the last time we needed to get tested for a cruise, never did get the results back. I think they hire some of the dumbest people in the world.

14 minutes ago, Fishboy1947 said:

Walgreens, at least in my area, has stopped their rapid antigen testing. They offer a “rapid NAAT test” with results within 2 hours but provide no more detailed description.  Walgreens says to check with your travel provider to see if their test is accepted. Princess’ accepted NAAT tests are: 

When you click on “Learn more about these tests” on Walgreen’s website it says that their rapid NAAT test is a molecular test.  This is listed under one of Princess’ accepted NAAT tests. 71F17C82-090C-461F-9727-69426D08A041.thumb.jpeg.f1654222baef6315e5af78cca63e91a7.jpeg

8 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

When you click on “Learn more about these tests” on Walgreen’s website it says that their rapid NAAT test is a molecular test.  This is listed under one of Princess’ accepted NAAT tests. 71F17C82-090C-461F-9727-69426D08A041.thumb.jpeg.f1654222baef6315e5af78cca63e91a7.jpeg

Thank you, I thought I checked all the Walgreens info but I missed that.  

They only schedule three days out but fortunately there are many locations nearby. 

23 minutes ago, Fishboy1947 said:

Thank you, I thought I checked all the Walgreens info but I missed that.  

They only schedule three days out but fortunately there are many locations nearby. 

You’re welcome!  That link to “learn more about the tests” doesn’t stand out so it’s hard to find!  Yeah, I’m glad there seems to be more availability these days than earlier on.  

1 hour ago, Eaglecw said:

I'll NEVER set foot into another Walgreens ever! They said we'd get the results back in 2 to 4 hours and left us high and dry the last time we needed to get tested for a cruise, never did get the results back. I think they hire some of the dumbest people in the world.

My daughter had the same experience with their incompetence. They admitted that they messed up and never shipped the tests to the lab, but only after hours on the phone and after it was too late to re-test. She had to pay big $$$ for a same day test at the airport and nearly missed her international flight. Way too stressful. Won’t trust them in the future. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

My daughter had the same experience with their incompetence. They admitted that they messed up and never shipped the tests to the lab, but only after hours on the phone and after it was too late to re-test. She had to pay big $$$ for a same day test at the airport and nearly missed her international flight. Way too stressful. Won’t trust them in the future. 

What lab? My understanding is the Rapid NAAT tests are done in the store, not a lab. They aren't sending them out to a lab and getting results in an hour or so.

You must be talking about something different than the OP. Presumably a PCR test. OP was asking about their Rapid NAAT test, not a PCR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Earthworm Jim said:

What lab? My understanding is the Rapid NAAT tests are done in the store, not a lab. They aren't sending them out to a lab and getting results in an hour or so.

You must be talking about something different than the OP. Presumably a PCR test. OP was asking about their Rapid NAAT test, not a PCR.

It was a test for an international flight required to fly into the UK in November. The sample was taken at Walgreens and had to be sent to a lab. The were thoroughly incompetent. 

15 hours ago, Fishboy1947 said:

I was planning on asking the same question.  Thanks for saving me the trouble.

As for not receiving test results in time to board the cruise, Princess website says if you have proof of getting the test - I assume that means a receipt - Princess will test free at the pier.  Problem with that is the Walgreen NAAT test is free, so assume no receipt.  We'll take our chances!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GloriaF said:

I was planning on asking the same question.  Thanks for saving me the trouble.

As for not receiving test results in time to board the cruise, Princess website says if you have proof of getting the test - I assume that means a receipt - Princess will test free at the pier.  Problem with that is the Walgreen NAAT test is free, so assume no receipt.  We'll take our chances!

You do get a receipt, the same receipt you would get with a prescription.  Stating covid test, patient name, date, cost ($0.00).  Ours was attached to information sheet.

• Like 2

I've got Sound Mobile Diagnostics https://soundmobilediagnostics.com/  coming over to my house to give us the test. The last so called free test we got wasn't free, we got that one from curative.  

I find it pretty hard to believe Princess would let get on the ship with a piece of paper, e-mail that says you have appointment to get a COVID but the results haven't came back yet. If that was the case why would anyone get tested.

3 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I find it pretty hard to believe Princess would let get on the ship with a piece of paper, e-mail that says you have appointment to get a COVID but the results haven't came back yet. If that was the case why would anyone get tested.

They do not let you get on with that "proof." The "proof" means they may test you at the pier for free.

• Like 2