Sitting at the Bars, or not??

Cruise Puss

5 hours ago, Cruise Puss said:

Hi everyone,

Can anyone currently on Princess, going out of Southampton, tell me if you can sit AT any of the bars on board, or are they still not allowing this?

With many thanks.

CP

Not on currently, but been on Enchanted TA in April - yes you could sit at the bar.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cruise Puss said:

Hi everyone,

Can anyone currently on Princess, going out of Southampton, tell me if you can sit AT any of the bars on board, or are they still not allowing this?

With many thanks.

CP

We just got off of the Emerald on May 21st. We boarded on May 9th. NOBODY was allowed to go to the bar (including the Coffee Bar and Vines!!!) AT ALL until SIX days later when the passengers were rewarded by the "numbers" being good on the ship. This means a low count of covid for passengers and crew. You could not order at any bars or sit there!

This made ordering a drink just super fun! It took our friends over 20 minutes at Crooners one night and I basically had to trip someone to order a glass of wine, and FORGET getting a menu!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nini said:

We just got off of the Emerald on May 21st. We boarded on May 9th. NOBODY was allowed to go to the bar (including the Coffee Bar and Vines!!!) AT ALL until SIX days later when the passengers were rewarded by the "numbers" being good on the ship. This means a low count of covid for passengers and crew. You could not order at any bars or sit there!

This made ordering a drink just super fun! It took our friends over 20 minutes at Crooners one night and I basically had to trip someone to order a glass of wine, and FORGET getting a menu!

Thanks for this , I was about to book this and board around a month away ...

I wont be doing that now....so much consistency through the fleet NOT !

So sick of these rules especially when other Princess ships from Southampton are quite relaxed about things.

Edited by fishnchips

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Just to say that on Regal you can sit at all the bars.

To be honest, the whole cruise is pretty much back to pre-covid service levels.

Sounds great. That's what we're after! 😁

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just to say that on Regal you can sit at all the bars.

To be honest, the whole cruise is pretty much back to pre-covid service levels.

Sounds good, hope the same on Enchanted shortly.

21 hours ago, Cruise Puss said:

Thanks so much to everyone for your very helpful replies. You have made my Husband a VERY happy person!! 😁👍

This will make him even happier have a drink on me when and if we ever cruise together. 🥃 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

4 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

This will make him even happier have a drink on me when and if we ever cruise together. 🥃 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Very kind of you! Bars are one of our favourite places! Happy Cruising! ☺️👍

We chose to sit at the bar on our last cruise last summer. It seemed totally normal and even got busy when the shows ended. Just the bartenders wearing masks, and no reports of Covid on board either.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, memoak said:

The policy in bars is probably related to the amount of covid cases detected on board. Low case counts more relaxed protocols. High number more protocols added 

That is what I said in Post #6:

"We just got off of the Emerald on May 21st. We boarded on May 9th. NOBODY was allowed to go to the bar (including the Coffee Bar and Vines!!!) AT ALL until SIX days later when the passengers were rewarded by the "numbers" being good on the ship. This means a low count of covid for passengers and crew. "

we're not really a 'sit at bar' type couple ... we have, but would rather get a two top table and just people watch on our own.  I'll definitely sit at a pool bar if she is doing something else , or at a bar in port if she is "doing shopping" - which is really more just looking these days.

We are also not "sitting AT the bars" types either. However, the opportunity to order anything "At the bar" was impossible due to the policy. This made it extremely difficult to order anything; especially on embarkation day and when returning to the ship after a tour.

We often used room service which was typically prompt except the time frame when people were returning from excursions, and then it took 30 minutes for two glasses of wine.

• Like 1