Deluxe Beverage Package On Board

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That varies greatly on the planner price and any discounts available on board.

I've seen 2 posts in the last 2 days where people posted the onboard prices. One was $75 (it was a buy-one-get-one 50% off sale that was offered for the first 2 days, which averaged out to $75/person).

The other was $89/person.

Both of those prices do not include the 18% gratuity, or the VAT tax if you're on a European sailing. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

You won't know what the onboard price is until you are on the ship since they used demand-based pricing.  Cruise Planner for my next trip has listed sale prices of 20% off, 30% off and BOGO 50% off, and prices between $65 and $75, so I guess the anticipated onboard price has ranged from from $93 to $107.  

1 minute ago, rudeney said:

You won't know what the onboard price is until you are on the ship since they used demand-based pricing.  Cruise Planner for my next trip has listed sale prices of 20% off, 30% off and BOGO 50% off, and prices between $65 and $75, so I guess the anticipated onboard price has ranged from from $93 to $107.  

Thanks 🙂

55 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Has anyone not gotten their deluxe beverage package beforehand and waited until they got on the ship? Do you know how much more you paid then if you did it in advance?

If your sailing is coming up in the next couple of weeks maybe ask on the roll call for previous sailings how much the onboard price was.    

If you buy onboard my understanding is not all cabin members have to buy pkg like you do online.    

A friend did B2B on Allure earlier this month.  On the first cruise the onboard deluxe package price was $72.  When he did the walk-off for the B2B process and reboarded, the price on the second cruise had jumped to $98.  It seems the new Cruise Planner design that is rolling out (Allure is using the new planner) does have the correct onboard price since we are going on Allure this weekend and the Cruise Planner shows $98 for onboard with our wondrous savings offer of $72.99. 

We were on Wonder TA in April, and we didn't buy the package before we got on the ship.    We are Diamond members, and were going to try to make do with our 4 free drinks per night, but DH had other ideas once we got onboard, so we decided to buy the Deluxe drinks package onboard.   The offer we got was buy one get one 1/2 off, so our total including our CC charge/conversion fee came to £1801 the 2 of us, so it worked out to around £64 per person per day, which worked out the same as buying it before we went onboard.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Just wondered how much more it is on board than before hand. 

If by some miracle you get a better deal on board, you can cancel the already purchased package for OBC and then buy on board.

Last week onboard Harmony it was $98, there was a BOGO 1/2 off. Which was 50 cents a day cheaper than what I had paid 2 weeks pre-cruise. 

I would purchase ASAP if you know you want it. I waited and the price ended up increasing by about $10 per day. 

And as I give that advice I still haven't purchased mine for my Mariner cruise in July. LOL 

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

On two ships this week out of a fleet of 26 ships sailing all year. 

I apologize, I didn't mean to quote you when I made my post. I didn't even realize I did that. I can see how my reply, having quoted you, made it seem like I was making a definitive statement about onboard prices, which wasn't my intention. 

I just meant to share the 2 anecdotes I saw recently as an answer to the original question about prices people have gotten onboard vs beforehand  (of which, I've personally seen none cause I haven't been on a ship 😂).

Edited by ARandomTraveler

2 hours ago, trojan3000 said:

Just looked at the price of the drinks package for my wife and myself for Anthem on July 8th it is equivalent to going to my local supermarket and buying 60 litres of Scotch Whisky. 

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring that up….when I see these quotes on here for $1800 to $2400 total DBP price for the cruise I thought about  how many bottles of liquor this would buy on land but didn’t actually do the math. 

20 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Don't Diamond and Diamond plus get discounts on board?  May work out cheaper.

Never heard of this, but since I would essentially be forfeiting my 4 free drinks at $13 each they should!! Give me SOMETHING to lessen the pain. If they'd give me half off there's no doubt they would still make a killing.

Current FULL price on my cruise in 2 weeks is $90pp/day so half off would still be $45/day which is a "reasonable" price that I would pay. Right now I'm going to try and make our 4 drinks each work which =$0 for Royal.

Edited by sailor05

32 minutes ago, trojan3000 said:

I am a D+ and have never heard of the discounts. Please enlighten.

30% off full onboard price of DBP when purchased onboard. :classic_smile: Pinnacle discount is 40%. 

Edited by Coralc

On 5/25/2022 at 6:16 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Don't Diamond and Diamond plus get discounts on board?  May work out cheaper.

No Diamond discount, but D+ gets 30% off. 

Soon, I will be D+ and anticipate simply buying once on board, as most sales I have seen for my upcoming cruises were 20%-25% off.  Of course, this makes the huge assumption that RCI doesn't do another price increase on the DBP when I could have bought it earlier ... I am ready for the pricing carousel to stabilize.

6 hours ago, sailor05 said:

Never heard of this, but since I would essentially be forfeiting my 4 free drinks at $13 each they should!! Give me SOMETHING to lessen the pain. If they'd give me half off there's no doubt they would still make a killing.

Current FULL price on my cruise in 2 weeks is $90pp/day so half off would still be $45/day which is a "reasonable" price that I would pay. Right now I'm going to try and make our 4 drinks each work which =$0 for Royal.

Just got off a cruise a couple weeks ago and the 4 free drinks for diamond really makes the drink package a no-go for us. Especially since they work on CoCoCay! 

I only went over 4 drinks on the sea days so I paid out of pocket for maybe 4 drinks over the 5 day cruise. Great value for us, it's not worth it to drink 4 free then try and drink 5 more every single day to get our money's worth from the package. 

It may feel weird to pay per drink if you're used to the package. But your bill at the end will still be pretty cheap! So I recommend just ordering as normal, you'll still come out ahead of the drink package price. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 4:41 PM, rudeney said:

Thanks 🙂