3 Allure (but general to all ships) question

First, can I search just in the RCI page?  I tried but it brings up results for all cruise lines.

#1- The last time we cruised about 8 years ago we were able to stick a luggage tag on a case of bottled water we bought at the store and have it delivered to our cabin.  Can we still do that?

#2- We are currently signed up for the late dining 8:30 timeslot.  Is this going to really interfer with shows and nighttime events?  What are the positives and negatives to early vs. late dining?  Not interested in MTD since other reviews says it's a hot mess right now.

#3- Is there a way to see an ala carte drink menu with prices?  We are taking 3 teens and don't want to pay $600 for drinks when we would rather they just have a few "fun" drinks a day (a juice, a soda, a virgin pina colada). They aren't heavy sugar drinkers but will want a "fun" drink every once in awhile.

Thanks,

christina

2 minutes ago, saltcreekmom1 said:

First, can I search just in the RCI page?  I tried but it brings up results for all cruise lines.

#1- The last time we cruised about 8 years ago we were able to stick a luggage tag on a case of bottled water we bought at the store and have it delivered to our cabin.  Can we still do that?

#2- We are currently signed up for the late dining 8:30 timeslot.  Is this going to really interfer with shows and nighttime events?  What are the positives and negatives to early vs. late dining?  Not interested in MTD since other reviews says it's a hot mess right now.

#3- Is there a way to see an ala carte drink menu with prices?  We are taking 3 teens and don't want to pay $600 for drinks when we would rather they just have a few "fun" drinks a day (a juice, a soda, a virgin pina colada). They aren't heavy sugar drinkers but will want a "fun" drink every once in awhile.

Thanks,

christina

For #3, you can go on the app and find all the bars and it shows their current menus. 

Example:

C89B90C7-2C6C-4549-A4ED-2AEFAD816A89.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay... I was able to find pricing for sodas ($3.50), plain juices ($3.50) and nonalcholic cocktails like cherry limeade etc ($7).  But, I cannot find pricing for shakes from Johnny Rockets or virgin drinks like Pina Coladas or smoothies from the Vitality Spa.  Any ideas on those?

1 minute ago, saltcreekmom1 said:

Okay... I was able to find pricing for sodas ($3.50), plain juices ($3.50) and nonalcholic cocktails like cherry limeade etc ($7).  But, I cannot find pricing for shakes from Johnny Rockets or virgin drinks like Pina Coladas or smoothies from the Vitality Spa.  Any ideas on those?

I have seen people say that mocktails (virgin drinks) are roughly $7-8.

You may bring on up to 12 soda, carry on only, up to 17 oz. 

Hopefully you cant get away with slapping a luggage tag on a case and bribing someone to take it as that person isnt the one stuck with delivering it to your cabin. The faq clearly says carry on only. 

8:30 diner time will certainly interfere with some shows.   So maybe just eat early at windjammer in those situations.   They typically have a couple aqua shows on the nights they do them.  Again, 8:30 could be a tweener on that.  Maybe ask to expedite the service depending on timing.  

41 minutes ago, saltcreekmom1 said:

No.  Water must now be carried on

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, saltcreekmom1 said:

Thanks,

christina

25+ cruises and have always had late dining. I do not think we haver ever missed out on a show. 

• Like 2

I just called RCI... and he said they will not tell me pricing for any individual drinks if they aren't in the app.  I'd have to wait until I'm on the ship.  So lame.

So, does anyone know pricing for:

Johnny Rockets shakes

Vitality spa smoothies and drinks

Virgin Pina Coladas

Thanks

21 minutes ago, saltcreekmom1 said:

I just called RCI... and he said they will not tell me pricing for any individual drinks if they aren't in the app.  I'd have to wait until I'm on the ship.  So lame.

Johnny Rockets shakes

Vitality spa smoothies and drinks

Virgin Pina Coladas

Thanks

Roughly $6-8.

27 minutes ago, topnole said:

8:30 diner time will certainly interfere with some shows.   So maybe just eat early at windjammer in those situations.   They typically have a couple aqua shows on the nights they do them.  Again, 8:30 could be a tweener on that.  Maybe ask to expedite the service depending on timing.  

We don't usually find it a problem. 

41 minutes ago, saltcreekmom1 said:

Johnny Rockets shakes- I don't know, but I imagine $6-8

Vitality spa smoothies and drinks- These were $8 or $8.50 on Symphony in December

Virgin Pina Coladas- looks like "zero proof" cocktails are $7

Thanks

The refreshment package is worth ~2-3 non alcoholic cocktails each and every day.  2 if you'd get soda package anyways, 3 if not.

11 hours ago, cynt said:

Just get them the refreshment pkg. 

they specifically said they don’t want a package for them.  And at about 20 per day per teen I can understand why.  That package is a waste of money on kids IMO.  

• Like 1

Always have booked late traditional dining. Like it as ship is less crowded in the early evenings as most seem to be getting ready and having dinner. We just get a snack somewhere to hold us over if need be. You can find shows that don't clash. Only part of the dining room on third level was being used on Allure a few weeks ago and was quiet and just walked in at 8pm without any wait.

• Like 1