Entertainment and food on Anthem of seas

Have been reading reviews and the shows have been cancelled ,very poor quality entertainment.Also food in restaurants very poor quality. Have booked for August 2022 getting very worried.

Has anyone been on Anthem of sea recently?

28 minutes ago, charben said:

Have been reading reviews and the shows have been cancelled ,very poor quality entertainment.Also food in restaurants very poor quality. Have booked for August 2022 getting very worried.

Has anyone been on Anthem of sea recently?

Given that her first sailing from Southampton was last week I don’t think there will be much feedback yet. 

I was on the first sailing out of Southampton (2 nights to Le Havre). We Will Rock You was cancelled last minute, entertainment staff said it would be replaced by The Gift but in the end it was a Beatles tribute band. Spectra’s Cabaret was on as normal in 270 but I didn’t go. The other theatre headliner was Frankie & The Dreamers - personally I found them annoying but they seemed to go down well.

I ate in Coastal Kitchen both nights and it was excellent so no complaints about the food.

• Like 1

We went in March (out of New Jersey) and had no issues.  We saw We Will Rock You twice....amazing show!  I think it may be a different cast now, but they are probably just as good.  Spectra's Cabaret was a bit weird , but still enjoyed and neat effects.  I guess we lucked out though as the following couple cruises had the shows cancelled due to covid.  There was also a Frankie and the Dreamers show that was playing.  They were excellent (the lead starred in the original London Jersey's Boy show).  Other shows were headliners that were different every cruise.  The Gift hadn't returned yet when we went.

As for food, no issues but we stick to the MDR for dinner and Windhammer or 270 for lunch and breakfast.  Service was excellent...esp the head waiter and our 2 servers.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 2

We were on Anthem in April (US sailing- week prior to the TA) with no food quality issues in any of the restaurants.  We dined primarily in the SR's and the food was excellent.  All other venues (WJ, Solarium Bistro, etc.) were fine as well.  No issues with the entertainment either.  In fact We Will Rock You was one of the best RCCL shows we've seen in years.  Agree as well that Spectra's Cabaret was somewhat unusual but well performed with great visual effects.  Overall staff service was excellent as well across the ship.

Not sure where you are hearing these comments but none of them would apply on our cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2