Just off Symphony… left wallet on ship help

We disembarked this morning at 7am. My daughter realizes on the way to the airport she forgot her wallet in the room. Luckily I had her passport. We called and they couldn’t reach anyone at the ship but we did fill out a lost item report.  Was seeing if anyone else has been successful in getting something like a wallet returned ? We offered to even go back to the ship and was told it wouldn’t do any good now. 

29 minutes ago, zorky12 said:

Was seeing if anyone else has been successful in getting something like a wallet returned ?

The reports seem to vary, but you may need some patience and some money for the shipment of the item if it is ever found. 

You will probably get it back at some point.

Knowing RC, it will take a long time

It will probably need to make its way through various offices & departments

Complete with Phone calls, forms, red tape, etc from you.

I would cancel everything and hope you can get DL back.

Whenever I leave a ship cabin, hotel room, AirBB, etc.

My wife and I both do our own complete walk through and check closet, drawers, safe, nightstand, bathroom, everything.

Before I walk out for last time, I check my possession for passports, wallets, money, keys, phone..

A few minutes save hours

• Like 8

Can you post on the roll call for this current week sailing and see if maybe you could coordinate with someone to go to guest services to help out? They might be able to help expedite the shipment of it back to you. 

12 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Can you post on the roll call for this current week sailing and see if maybe you could coordinate with someone to go to guest services to help out? They might be able to help expedite the shipment of it back to you. 

I think getting a 3rd person involved isn't something RCI would do.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Great idea will do

I would have your daughter freeze or cancel all credit cards and have them reissued by your credit card company.  Next, contact your state DMV to see if they can reissue her license.  Finally, contact Royal (which you've already done) to see if there's anything they can do.  Ask if anyone might have turned it in (you never know!).  If they find it, get expedited shipping to get it delivered to you.

What was your stateroom number?  Maybe someone on this site will see your post and can turn it in.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

Was in left in the safe in cabin or just lost on the ship somewhere? If left in the safe your room steward most likely picked it up. Hopefully it was then reported to the Head House Keeper and you should get it back.

If just lost on ship somewhere might be harder to get it back.

44 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I would have your daughter freeze or cancel all credit cards and have them reissued by your credit card company.  Next, contact your state DMV to see if they can reissue her license.  Finally, contact Royal (which you've already done) to see if there's anything they can do.  Ask if anyone might have turned it in (you never know!).  If they find it, get expedited shipping to get it delivered to you.

What was your stateroom number?  Maybe someone on this site will see your post and can turn it in.

Thank you yes we took care of the credit cards she only had one and her debit card. She will get a new license Tuesday, It was left in the drawer where the hairdryer is right above the fridge. It was room 12613. We had connection rooms so we were in 12611. Yudi was the steward and he was great. I assume he probably found it.  

PLEASE GO TO 

https://www.chargerback.com/reportlostitemcbembed.asp?customerid=14677&languagecode=en-US

This is the ONLY WAY to get back items that are left on board. 

NO ONE ELSE CAN GET YOUR WALLET.  

NO ONE FROM THE NEXT CRUISE CAN DO IT.

I left a phone on board once, and even it took a couple weeks to get back home.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:29 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

Excellent advice!  I also left some things in one of the drawers under the safe on Odyssey (nothing as important as a wallet though).  No luck getting anything back (cruise was in January this year).  I wish I would have thought of logging on to current cruise forum.  I hope you have better luck!  

Several years ago, I left my medication tote behind the desk mirror.  I called RCI in Miami and they told me they would check lost and found when the ship returned to Miami.  They found it, called to let me know and then mailed it back to me at no charge!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:04 PM, saltyswife said:

Several years ago, I left my medication tote behind the desk mirror.  I called RCI in Miami and they told me they would check lost and found when the ship returned to Miami.  They found it, called to let me know and then mailed it back to me at no charge!

... "at no charge"  ... well you know those days are gone now!    😉 Lol

On 6/3/2022 at 7:04 PM, saltyswife said: