Is Carnival Still Providing Masks to Those Who Would Like Them?

I was on the Pride TA a month ago and they provided 2 masks per cabin for a 14 day cruise.  They were the surgical type mask with 2 ear loops.  Staff were all wearing KN95’s but that’s not what they gave us.  If you plan to wear a mask onboard, as I did, I would suggest bringing a supply of your own.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I was on the Pride TA a month ago and they provided 2 masks per cabin for a 14 day cruise.  They were the surgical type mask with 2 ear loops.  Staff were all wearing KN95’s but that’s not what they gave us.  If you plan to wear a mask onboard, as I did, I would suggest bringing a supply of your own.

I agree. We were on the Vista back in August, 2020 and they supplied wife & I 2 surgical masks. But we brought our own supply of KN95 masks. Take a supply of your own, just in case. 

• Like 2

The "mask police" stationed in high-crowd areas carrying bags of masks are gone as you surmised.

They appear to still be providing two masks per cabin, I got two in my cabin earlier this month on Sunshine, but who knows when they'll end this practice. They don't seem to be used much, at least they weren't on my sailing. They're not KN95's or anything special, just those regular light blue masks that are everywhere nowadays.

On Mardi Gras last week, we had two dark blue surgical masks in our cabin.  Crew still wearing masks, but was a lot more relaxed than three months ago.  I really enjoyed one waiter at Rudi’s who were his on his chin the entire time we were there.  

• Like 1

We just got off of the Sunshine yesterday, there were 3 (dark blue) masks (one for each of us) in our cabin.  Our cabin steward told us that if we need more just ask (I had packed some from home).  All staff were wearing KN95s all week.  Lots of hand sanitizer dispensers as well as hand washing stations available.    

I was on the Glory this week. There were no mask in the room. They were giving out mask at Mohagany Bay because Honduras required a mask. You walked off the ship with a mask on and immediately removed it.

Was on Panorama a few weeks ago. 2 masks per cabin were already in the cabin. there was a note we can get more at guest services. I did see one person get  more.

I always brought my own N95s. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

We just got off of the Sunshine yesterday, there were 3 (dark blue) masks (one for each of us) in our cabin.  Our cabin steward told us that if we need more just ask (I had packed some from home).  All staff were wearing KN95s all week.  Lots of hand sanitizer dispensers as well as hand washing stations available.    

That’s funny because we are just off the sunshine yesterday and there were no masks in our cabin and the steward never mentioned them at all.  We only saw a handful of people wearing them on the ship.

That’s funny because we are just off the sunshine yesterday and there were no masks in our cabin and the steward never mentioned them at all.  We only saw a handful of people wearing them on the ship.

We were in a balcony cabin on deck 7, our housekeeping team had a box of masks on the cart each day.  Our head steward was Durma and he mentioned the masks in the cabin when he introduced himself the 1st day.  

We also saw a handful of people using them consistently as well, probably had underlying issues and felt more comfortable using them.  The staff we encountered always had them on.  

On 5/30/2022 at 8:04 AM, melodyesch said:

plus all of the staff.

Our our latest Panorama cruise, there was a box of five standard face masks (our earlier cruises had two N95 masks) in our stateroom.  I'm sure we could've requested more if we would've liked.  Mexico is (was?) still requiring face masks indoors, and it was being enforced, so that may have had something to do with it.

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

plus all of the staff.

Oh right.  Yes, every staff member we came across had their mask on and was wearing it properly.  I’ve just gotten over Covid so I didn’t wear one, but my DH did in the elevators or crowded areas.

5 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

we were on the Breeze, got off saturday. no masks provided. we took our own.

The mask mandate ended in the Cancun area last month, but they are still required indoors in PV / Mazatlan / Cabo at this time.  That's most likely why the Panorama has them, whereas the Breeze does not.

20 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

The mask mandate ended in the Cancun area last month, but they are still required indoors in PV / Mazatlan / Cabo at this time.  That's most likely why the Panorama has them, whereas the Breeze does not.

The OP did not state which ship which is the reason i did include it in my response.  BTW we were asked to wear them getting off the ship at each port, they do still require them in many ports