RoyalUp Bids

They can take as long as until a few days before departure to notify if a bid was accepted.  And as it is a bid they are awarded by highest first and down until available inventory is cleared.  Most people do not have successful bids, so you just need to be patient to see if you were one.

But as you have not yet heard on any of them  and your cruise is less than a week away IMO it doesn't seem to promising.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

7 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I always find it humorous when I get the unsuccessful bid email the evening of boarding day.  

Yes, those you do typically receive - LOL.  I guess what I was also trying to say to the OP is that there likely have been the majority of successful higher bid notifications already given to those who have been awarded their bids.  It is usually the last ones awarded, as I understand it, that that come in the last few days.  And think its coming down to the wire with the OP.

9 minutes ago, rather be cruising always said:

How do make a bid ? TIA

You have to have your permissions set with your email and RCCL to receive promotional and other notifications.  (Typically done through your booking profile).  With any booking you have, should they be offering the Royal Up program you will receive an email notifying you of the available categories, minimum suggested bid, and T&C's regarding the program and the bid process.  You would then submit a bid online and await notification.

Or you can follow this link and enter your booking number to see if the program is available for your itinerary:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

45 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

They can take as long as until a few days before departure to notify if a bid was accepted.  And as it is a bid they are awarded by highest first and down until available inventory is cleared.  Most people do not have successful bids, so you just need to be patient to see if you were one.

But as you have not yet heard on any of them  and your cruise is less than a week away IMO it doesn't seem to promising.

My minimum bid was accepted 2 weeks out, twice.

5 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

My minimum bid was accepted 2 weeks out, twice.

Didn't say it was carved in stone.  Maybe there were no higher bids or enough inventory to clear to your bid quickly.  I was just saying what usually happens.

2 hours ago, RD64 said:

Wouldn’t it have been easier to book the cabin category you wanted initially if it was that important to the success of your cruise?

UHHH..NO!  I have bid on RoyalUp for 2 previous cruises...and didn't win any. The last cruise i was on, I purchased an OceanView balcony cabin(it was the minimum Cat. I wanted).  I bid on Jr Suite and Grand suite at a reasonable price. The difference between what I purchased and a Jr suite was $3000.

Yet, cruisers that paid for interior guarantee got Grand suites for a few hundred dollars.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 7:44 PM, RD64 said:

Wouldn’t it have been easier to book the cabin category you wanted initially if it was that important to the success of your cruise?

I do book a cabin I want but I still have some room to dream. I have gotten 2 Bids accepted and each time did get something a bit better than I booked originally, especially when doing the lift and shift bookings. It was nice to get a surprise upgrade. I like the program and think it is fun. Plus, I enjoy the element of surprise. 

On 5/30/2022 at 6:22 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

Didn't say it was carved in stone.  Maybe there were no higher bids or enough inventory to clear to your bid quickly.  I was just saying what usually happens.

There are earlier threads where reports are that its not always the high bid picked first. In fact it is said that no one knows what goes into them picking the winning bid. So you are assuming alot and giving folks the idea that they have to bid the highest amount.

On 5/30/2022 at 7:44 PM, RD64 said:

Always love when someone thinks it’s necessary to answer a good question with a bad one. 🙄

• Haha 2

On 5/30/2022 at 6:53 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I always find it humorous when I get the unsuccessful bid email the evening of boarding day.  

But they are waiting that long because of people who cancel last minute because their covid test came back positive.  And no-shows.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 7:22 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

Agree it’s not carved in stone.  We really don’t know the rhyme or reason on a lot of the program, as Plusgrade keeps their selection criteria to themselves. 

Edited by bucfan2

48 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Agree it’s not carved in stone.  We really don’t know the rhyme or reason on a lot of the program, as Plusgrade keeps their selection criteria to themselves. 

One thing I have noticed over the past several months in seeing many winning bids for my clients is that it appears that in at least many cases that you stand a much higher chance of getting your bid accepted even if it is a low bid if you are bidding on the next category up as opposed trying to bid on a category 2 or more away from your current category.  This makes sense as they can then offer your cabin then the one below it and so on.  

For example, on a lot of recent sailings a lot of my clients won a bid from an OS to a CLS with a minimum bid.  Pretty sure there were lots of other bids on the CLS from lower categories with a higher amount but the more cabins that they can turn over the higher the overall extra revenue they will achieve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2