Eclipse - itinerary gaps September to October 2022

Redking

Nothing showing for the Eclipse on the website after 4 September until the beginning of October. Rough estimate suggests that is the last two alaska cruises and the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise.

Anyone know why? I noticed it over the weekend and wondered if it was an IT issue, but the gap is still there today.

10 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

I have had this Hawaii cruise booked since 2019 and rolled over three times. Sure hope it sails. 
we are meeting friends in Kona and Maui.

🤞for you.

We are on the September 11th Eclipse sailing to Alaska.  Today I asked my TA to check with Celebrity as our final payment is almost due.   Celebrity stated that all is OK with this sailing and it's still going ahead.  Nothing was said as to why it's not showing up on their website. 

I am calling Celebrity in the morning to see if I can get some answers. The September 11 cruise has not shown up for days and I am unable to access it under manage my cruise. Final payment due in 2 weeks. Seems like they would have fixed by now if it was a website glitch ? 

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Likely charters.  Not unusual at all.  In normal times several charters each year on Celebrity out of North America.  They are often in shoulder season 

But on three months notice?

13 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Likely charters.  Not unusual at all.  In normal times several charters each year on Celebrity out of North America.  They are often in shoulder season 

Except that the ship needs to be in Honolulu by Oct 3, so that it can cruise to Australia.  It seems unlikely that it would have a month of charters, including one from Vancouver to Honolulu.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Probably doing cabin inventory and possibly making plans to move people around as cruisers have the option of staying on if they test positive instead of leaving and going to a hotel. 

Huh?  Did something happen that allows people who are positive to stay on board?  Certainly was not the case a few weeks ago.

57 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Huh?  Did something happen that allows people who are positive to stay on board?  Certainly was not the case a few weeks ago.

Yes if they have not completed quarantine one of the options is to remain n tge ship in quarantine. 

• Like 1

Something fishy going on with our Hawaii cruise. X says 100% booked. I have 32 cruises with X and I have never seen this. I hope they let us know before June final payment. I have rolled this cruise over 3 times since 2019. 

We have had some cruises fully booked.  Fully booked doesn’t necessarily mean every cabin occupied by passengers.  There will most likely be some cabins blocked for quarantine of passengers and crew.

4 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

The Sept 11 sailing is back on the website and available for booking. Lots of regular veranda available but appears the retreat and ocean views are booked. 

So is Sept 22 to Hawaii. Not sure where it's meant to be sailing Sept 18? Guess the inventory folks are back at work after the holiday in th US 🤔

7 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

yes, in effect until the end of Nov at this time. Could change in the fall but imagine if people from 50 cabins choose to stay onboard!!!

9 hours ago, gold1953 said:

yes, in effect until the end of Nov at this time. Could change in the fall but imagine if people from 50 cabins choose to stay onboard!!!

Interesting, I didn't know this, when did X decide this new protocol?  Do you know if it also extends to Royal?  People we know that were on the Anthem TA just a couple weeks ago were forced to leave the ship instead of stay on for the following B2B they were supposed to be on even though they were negative at the end of the cruise.

5 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Interesting, I didn't know this, when did X decide this new protocol?  Do you know if it also extends to Royal?  People we know that were on the Anthem TA just a couple weeks ago were forced to leave the ship instead of stay on for the following B2B they were supposed to be on even though they were negative at the end of the cruise.

Not sure of the date but the information is on the web page. It started sometime in May.  Some people have been choosing to stay on board.  I do not follow Royal so you would need to check their protocol.

• Like 1