Straws on Quantum of the Seas- recent travelers

Can't speak for Quantum, but they have been the paper ones on Harmony. I presume that RCL has a fleetwide supplier of the paper straws and that the plastic ones will soon be gone for good.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I believe most ships are now using biodegradable straws that are much better than the paper straws they were using.      

24 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Had biodegradable "plastic" straws on May Anthem TA.

corn starch😇

On the Quantum now. We have been getting biodegradable straws. Feels like plastic.

The ship, in general, is having supply chain problems. Bartenders say they “hope” to get provisions,, but don’t always get them. Drinks that require coconut syrup have had all kinds of wired substitutions. Many bars don’t have Diet Coke on their soda guns, so are using cans (which is fine). Some freestyle machines are more dark lights than illuminated ones. 

I just wish they had straws easily available at the drink stations in the WJ....instead of having to use the bar. I don't care what their made of I just want them available !!!

1 hour ago, dcgrumpy said:

2 weeks ago on Harmony they had Strawfish plastic biodegradable straws

On our Harmony April 24th also but you had to ask for them at the bar in the WJ when dining there.

• Like 1

Symphony, Explorer, and Allure all had the Strawfish "biodegradable plastic" straws in April and May, but Explorer's first cruise out of Miami still had lots of paper straws because previously it cruised out of San Juan and was subject to fines if not using paper straws.  By the second cruise on Explorer, though, all the bars had the Strawfish version.

I am SOOOOO glad for the responses.  I was up several nights thinking about just this subject!!!!  NOT!!

Come on, is this what is on the minds of cruisers now????  And yes I am aware of recycling and things being biodegradable.

3 minutes ago, mndity said:

I am SOOOOO glad for the responses.  I was up several nights thinking about just this subject!!!!  NOT!!

Come on, is this what is on the minds of cruisers now????  And yes I am aware of recycling and things being biodegradable.

Have you tried drinking a frozen drink with a paper straw?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...