Got Covid on the Wonder TA has anyone received any compensation yet for hotel and air, etc.

My husband tested positive on the last day of the cruise on board the ship.  We  had to stay in Barcelona  for  several  days  and cancel our  flights.   We were told we were to get   $250 a day for  hotel and  $100 a day for  food  and  compensation for the  flight  home  plus  money for missing the  last day of the cruise in quarantine.    We submitted our  claims.    Has anyone  received  anything  from them yet.

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This should be interesting how fast they are to get your compensation, probably tell you to go after your  Travel insurance company first before you see any $$$.

And the travel insurance company will probably tell you to go after Royal Caribbean first before you see any $$$.

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

And the travel insurance company will probably tell you to go after Royal Caribbean first before you see any $$$.

Probably a huge PITA to see any money from either.

I submitted my receipts on 18th May. Received a generic sounding reply saying refunds are taking 30 days, and had nothing since. I am waiting on cruise fare refund, hotel and meal expenses, and refundable onboard credit from cancelled excursions/packages. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruiser24 said:

Where did you get the forms for reimbursement?  I have emailed the address they gave me but have not received the forms.  All I get is a “we are very busy” reply.

No one mentioned forms to me? I just emailed and attached all my receipts.

From my letter:

"Guests Who Do Not Live Within Driving Distance of the Port or are Unable to Drive

Continue Isolating in Shoreside Accommodations: You can choose to continue isolating ashore by arranging your own accommodations. A list of local hotels is available upon request. Based on the location of your accommodation, we may be able to assist you in arranging private transportation to the hotel. Accommodation costs can later be reimbursed, up to a limit of $ 250 USD per hotel room per night, as well as meal costs, up to $ 100 USD per person, per day. Air change fees are covered up to $ 400 USD per person. Once you are ready to submit your reimbursement claim, please email RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com."

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This should be interesting how fast they are to get your compensation, probably tell you to go after your  Travel insurance company first before you see any $$$.

19 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Did you submit this to an insurance claim?  Because I did not think RCCL would be responsible for paying hotels and change fees after the cruise. 

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Probably a huge PITA to see any money from either.

Guests who needed to quarantine were told the information that @ILOVESHIPS shared and were to submit claims to RCI for compensation. I'd think you'd know that since you've read/commented on various quarantine posts. 

• Like 2

I just  heard  from  a  friend  that  was  on board  the Wonder  and stayed  at  my hotel  during quarantine.   He  had  his  travel agent  handle  his  receipts  and  he got  his  refund  about a  week  ago.  It was  deposited into his  credit card  that  he  had on  file  with the cruise ship.  So  those of you waiting,   check your  check card.  I haven't  seen anything yet.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

I just  heard  from  a  friend  that  was  on board  the Wonder  and stayed  at  my hotel  during quarantine.   He  had  his  travel agent  handle  his  receipts  and  he got  his  refund  about a  week  ago.  It was  deposited into his  credit card  that  he  had on  file  with the cruise ship.  So  those of you waiting,   check your  check card.  I haven't  seen anything yet.

TA's are awesome resources

3 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

So the virus must be running rampant on the ship then if you got it on the last day of a TA.

So much for all the silly testing and protocols they have. 

Rampant?

Define rampant

2 minutes ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

There were many many people that got  covid  on  the Wonder. They collected passports from all that  had  covid.  We were one of the first  off.  The boxes were full of passports.

Any idea how outbreak happened?

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Rampant?

Define rampant

P2P on the ship despite testing and no ports on a TA. 

This suggests a significant pool of people on board carry. 

To be clear I couldn't care about the virus but I do care about how they treat the infected. In the UK we really dont give a monkey any more, it will be hard to be treated like a plague victim on a ship if you get force tested and quarantined. 

Edited by Pandamonia
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

To be clear I couldn't care about the virus but I do care about how they treat the infected. In the UK we really dont give a monkey any more, it will be hard to be treated like a plague victim on a ship if you get force tested and quarantined. 

Kinda thought they had a few stops in Spain prior to Barcelona 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Kinda thought they had a few stops in Spain prior to Barcelona 

I dont know, there is an incubation period so hard to say if those ports were the cause. Ive not looked up the cruise. But the virus has to infect then incubate and then infect so there are 3-4 days between infection and infectious so if there is a pool of passports all got it then suggests it was already on the ship. 

Im on this ship in August for 2 weeks. I was hoping everyone would be living with this by then but the cruise industry is keeping the pandemic alive and well. Its the only place im going that still gives a monkey.

18 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Wonder force tested passengers?  I tested myself on Quantum because I was really sick and then went to medical.  I could have easily continued to interact with those on the ship as many of the others on my rollcall did, but I chose to go to medical.  Tell us more about the testing on Wonder.

2 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

I dont know, there is an incubation period so hard to say if those ports were the cause. Ive not looked up the cruise. But the virus has to infect then incubate and then infect so there are 3-4 days between infection and infectious so if there is a pool of passports all got it then suggests it was already on the ship. 

Im on this ship in August for 2 weeks. I was hoping everyone would be living with this by then but the cruise industry is keeping the pandemic alive and well. Its the only place im going that still gives a monkey.

At least you can drive home, sorta.

We'll be in Copenhagen this August

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

At least you can drive home, sorta.

We'll be in Copenhagen this August

Ill get on the plane as usual, There isnt even a need to isolate now in the UK. Its endemic, horse bolted etc. 

Makes no sense to act different just because im on a ship.