Where's Donkey??

80sGal

Just off Horizon 8 day yesterday.  Curiosity has got the better of me .... Donkey, our CD, simply disappeared mid-cruise and Christian took over.  Anyone know what happened?  Other crew members mentioned they were about finished with their contract and would be taking breaks this summer, but during Bingo on last Sea Day several people asked about Donkey during a Q and A break mid-game, but the question was repeatedly ignored.  Just curious if anyone knew, as we saw him at several events and he had not referenced wrapping up mid-cruise.   He was our CD in August too  and we really enjoyed his enthusiasm. Hope he is okay.   

Maybe he tested positive for COVID.

Similar thing happened on one of my Sunshine cruises since the restart. The comedian put on an awesome show and teased his upcoming show on the last sea day, but when that day came the other comedian did 4 shows that evening. Nobody ever mentioned it (I think they are discouraged from talking about COVID) but it's obvious he tested positive.

The workers test often, maybe even daily.

• Like 1

Who knows. Christian is a floater who was schedule to start on Freedom in a few days. Maybe they brought him in early to train a little on Horizon. Donkey is scheduled for Mardi Gras in September and was going to leave Horizon next month anyway.

8 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Chris is one of my top two fav CDs

I don't think Chris (Flying Irishman) is who they are referring to - he will be on Mardi Gras next month, but a Christian, of which there is more than one. Christian "Deon" Williams; Christian de la Rosa...

cea110b3

6ce45288

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't think Chris (Flying Irishman) is who they are referring to - he will be on Mardi Gras next month, but a Christian, of which there is more than one. Christian "Deon" Williams; Christian de la Rosa...

cea110b3

6ce45288

Donkey's real and preferred name is Chris Salazar 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Chris Williams goes by the Flying Scotsman.