Suites Lounge drink limit?

I'll be on the Voyager next month in an Owner's Suite, and was wondering if there's any specific policy about the drinks in the suite lounge? I won't have a drink package, so was thinking that I could grab a couple neat whiskeys and put them in my room for a nightcap, and then a couple glasses of wine (maybe have one in the lounge, then take one to dinner). Anyone think there's any issues grabbing 4 drinks or so in a short amount of time?

Also figure it won't hurt to drop $20 on the first day to the bartender....

Edited by alanstarr

6 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

I'll be on the Voyager next month in an Owner's Suite, and was wondering if there's any specific policy about the drinks in the suite lounge? I won't have a drink package, so was thinking that I could grab a couple neat whiskeys and put them in my room for a nightcap, and then a couple glasses of wine (maybe have one in the lounge, then take one to dinner). Anyone think there's any issues grabbing 4 drinks or so in a short amount of time?

I have never seen anyone limited in the suite lounge.  We usually take a glass of wine with us to dinner but have never left with four drinks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not a limit except in time. Maybe 2 bar servers taking a lot of orders. It hasnt been uncommon to take 30 minutes to come back with orders. Your ship might be faster. 

What ship had a half hour wait for a drink in the suite lounge?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

Totally depends on staff at the time.  But leaving with four drinks may be frowned on because it could easily be perceived you are sharing with others outside the lounge.  Now if you and a spouse each order two to go it is probably fine.  

But I will say some years back when it was called the concierge lounge, on one cruise the concierge wouldn’t let anyone leave with a drink (back when D+) were allowed in.  I think that was on Mariner.   I walked out with a glass of wine in my hand to head to dinner and he personally took it from me and told me I can’t leave with a drink.  We were in a grand suite on that cruise.  I’m guessing things are different now, but I only do suites on suite class ships now because the benefits are so much better.  

On Oasis class ships, with a real bar open all day and throughout the night,  they gladly give you drinks to go.  

46 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

There is no issue now.

However, I would imagine that as this type of behavior continues and grows in numbers, Royal will be forced to change operating procedures and people will get upset.

The intent of the Suite Lounge was never meant to be a drink all you can and take all you can in 2 hours.

To be clear, it wouldn't really be 4 drinks at once, just in a short period of time. Order the scotch, bring that to my room; return to have a glass of wine in the lounge, the finally order one more wine to go. 

Honestly, it's going to depend on the Concierge.  There's no issue, whatsoever, with taking that glass of wine out for dinner.  That's pretty much SOP these days.  However, ordering a double Scotch, skedaddling immediately, and then returning a few minutes later to order a glass of wine could look and smell bad.  Then again, I recently was on a sailing where the Concierge all but insisted that I leave the SL with a drink even though I was only stopping by for a moment (and already had a drink waiting on me elsewhere).

If I were you, I would try to have a discreet word with the Concierge before the fact and see if it's alright.  Since you are in an OS, you should hear from the Concierge sometime during the week before your boarding day (usually about 5 days out).  You might even ask then.

Being in an OS does buy you a little more leeway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topnole said:

Bring bar-noculars and pretend you are looking out at sea.  Very discreet.  

Laura just walks out with shots of B&B.

Bartender just pours her one when she walks up🤣🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Another way to go is just to bring rum runner bags.  wear some headphones and act like you do this all the time. 
Everyone will be in shock and no one will do anything about it.  

Go big or be discreet.  😂😂

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Tip well and you can get about anything in the suite lounge

Asking nicely helps as well.😉

On Symphony I asked (email) the concierge if she could secure Newcastle Brown Ale in SL. And she did. Enjoyed the goodness all week. 

Tipped extra at the end to show my gratitude

Of course, YMMV

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We always walk out with drinks in hand many times concierge opens the door for us

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, alanstarr said:

Thanks for all the advice! First time in a suite, it was a (free) upgrade from a balcony after multiple cancellations and ship changes over the past couple years. 

Have fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanstarr said:

Thanks for all the advice! First time in a suite, it was a (free) upgrade from a balcony after multiple cancellations and ship changes over the past couple years. 

We have done a couple of OS and you might find it not worth the trouble for the walk from the SL to your OS.