Where are you getting Covid test before sailing Alaska?

ojaidenny

Where has everyone been getting or planning on getting their Covid test before an Alaska Cruise?

Princess info has offered two suggestions. Optum and Radeas, both home tests. 

I see Walgreens offers free tests.

2 hours ago, ojaidenny said:

Where has everyone been getting or planning on getting their Covid test before an Alaska Cruise?

Princess info has offered two suggestions. Optum and Radeas, both home tests. 

I see Walgreens offers free tests.

Try booking at the CVS closest to your home. You can also do a proctored test...we like and have used the eMed Binix test from Abbott...couldn't have been easier using our laptop.

Since we're flying into Vancouver 3 days early, we're taking the free iHealth non-proctored test from USPS one day before flying to Vancouver.  

Then another test 2 days before boarding ship, while in Vancouver, using the same free iHealth test, but proctored with rapidtestandtrace.com, $20.

We are Canadians and flying into Vancouver the day before embarkation . We are getting proctored Rapid Antigen tests done two days before sailing (one day before flying) at our local Wal-Mart. $20 Cdn

15 hours ago, timetravellers said:

We’re flying into Vancouver from England 3 days before sailing. Can anyone tell me where to get our pre cruise covid test done? 

Vancouver Airport or Convention Center at the Cruise Port (Schedule in advance)

Travel Clinic | PCR Test | Rapid Test // CVM Medical (covid-medical.ca)

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 12:48 AM, timetravellers said:

We’re flying into Vancouver from England 3 days before sailing. Can anyone tell me where to get our pre cruise covid test done? 

My husband and I have travelled to the US a few times this year and we just got back from our cruise not long ago. We always get tested with CVM Medical, they have a clinic at the airport and one right in the downtown Vancouver area next to the cruise ship terminal which was closed for renovations but will be open again from July 1st. We have gotten tested for different trips at both clinics and we absolutely love the service and locations!! Here is the link in case you want to check them out  https://covid-medical.ca/covid-19-test-book-online/ 
I hope this helps 🙂 

I am going to Alaska in August and will be doing a land trip with the cruise line pre-cruise to Denali. They will be offering the test since 3 days before I will be on the trip. 

25 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Either NAAT from Walgreens or Emed proctored test.  Very easy. Our 11yr old grandson could do it with the help of his Dad!  

Agree...Our 8 year old grandson did his eMed test in their hotel room with a bit of help from Mom.

We are spending a few days in Seward before we get on the ship.  Because of the timing, we have to be tested in Alaska, not at home.  We are being tested at the Glacier Family Clinic in Seward.  I made appointments a couple months ago.

This morning we did a proctored test with Total Testing Solutions using our free government rapid tests. Out proctor was so friendly, patient, and polite. My husband and I were able to test at the same time.  She walked us through everything, even though we had used these tests before. She even waits on the web-based video call until your email arrives. It was easy, inexpensive ($15 or your insurance), and quick. Great experience!

https://www.totaltestingsolutions.com/virtual-travel-testing/