Indy 3 Day - Unlimited Dining Experience 🐷

On 6/10/2022 at 2:02 PM, John&LaLa said:

Does Izumi on Indy have a seperate sushi area? I know Oasis/Quantum ships do.

I need to do a Cheeseburger comparison between Snack Shack, JR's, Chops, and Playmaker's 

My fave based on that list is Playmakers, without a doubt. I even think the Playmakers on Indy makes it better than the Playmakers on Mariner, Freedom, and Odyssey. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

My fave based on that list is Playmakers, without a doubt. I even think the Playmakers on Indy makes it better than the Playmakers on Mariner, Freedom, and Odyssey. 

Aren't you on next week as well?

Stop by and say hi

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Stop by and say hi

Indy has 3 or 4 2 top tables and seating for 6 or 8 at the counter where Sushi is prepared. They also have 5 Hibachi tables. Seating for Sushi is very limited.

• Thanks 1

Indy question... does the DL have a full bar or a limited cart like back when there was Diamond happy hour with open bar?

Not a big deal since I can grab a voucher drink anywhere, just curious. Was only on Freedom class once ever and that was years and years ago.

2 minutes ago, chandoe said:

Indy has 3 or 4 2 top tables and seating for 6 or 8 at the counter where Sushi is prepared. They also have 5 Hibachi tables. Seating for Sushi is very limited.

Counter is fine, will probably get firecracker rolls to go. 

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Indy question... does the DL have a full bar or a limited cart like back when there was Diamond happy hour with open bar?

Not a big deal since I can grab a voucher drink anywhere, just curious. Was only on Freedom class once ever and that was years and years ago.

No full bar. Pretty sure they run out to VCL to get anything off menu. Or maybe all drinks come from outside. Kinda makes DL superfluous 

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No full bar. Pretty sure they run out to VCL to get anything off menu. Or maybe all drinks come from outside. Kinda makes DL superfluous 

That was my guess. Thanks.

I still like to pop in and check out the hors d'oeuvres. I know many people don't like them but I'm not picky and I find some things I like on certain nights. Plus I'm on the Ultimate FREE FOOD Dining Package most of the time. 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

That was my guess. Thanks.

I still like to pop in and check out the hors d'oeuvres. I know many people don't like them but I'm not picky and I find some things I like on certain nights. Plus I'm on the Ultimate FREE FOOD Dining Package most of the time. 🤣

I'm still considering WJ and MDR if the mood hits

57 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

On this upcoming cruise!?!  😱  That's not allowed!

Yea, just looked at menus. Hard no.

Was hoping for poblano soup

Chinese night in jammer is still a possibility 

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yea, just looked at menus. Hard no.

Was hoping for poblano soup

Chinese night in jammer is still a possibility 

If you do visit the WJ, please report back. Wife and I will be having several dinners there on our B2B next month.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If you do visit the WJ, please report back. Wife and I will be having several dinners there on our B2B next month.

I'll start a new thread Thursday most likely

• Like 3

So how are you prepping  for this ? Eating less so you can eat more or eating more in anticipation of eating  more 😂. As someone with a weak stomach (like mother, like daughter so thanks mom) I can’t imagine this yet I wish I could do this. Pack your probiotics! Oh man, I sound like my mom. Looking forward to this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

So how are you prepping  for this ? Eating less so you can eat more or eating more in anticipation of eating  more 😂. As someone with a weak stomach (like mother, like daughter so thanks mom) I can’t imagine this yet I wish I could do this. Pack your probiotics! Oh man, I sound like my mom. Looking forward to this.

I can’t speak for John, & I never have the UDP, but I enjoy eating & try to indulge as much as possible when I cruise.

I know you were mostly joking, but I truly go on a strict a diet for about a month before a 7-night cruise & try to lose 10 lbs. or so b/c I know I have gained that much in a week before. 🤷‍♂️ (I am not a big guy btw, I can just eat a lot and enjoy trying all different stuff on the ships).

The worst/best part is having another 7-nights booked in mid-July. I went back to my diet after disembarking and have lost most of the cruise weight already so I won’t have to be super strict for the next month at least.

Edited by OCSC Mike

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I actually lost 6 pounds on the last cruise.   That's why I need the UDP.  😆 

I've managed a couple sailings with a pound +/-, but I'm usually in a 2-5+ range. How did you manage to drop 6 pounds (Noro or something, lol) ?

Tom

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I've managed a couple sailings with a pound +/-, but I'm usually in a 2-5+ range. How did you manage to drop 6 pounds (Noro or something, lol) ?

Tom

Alaska cruise.  We walked several miles each port.  Was also a full ship, Ovation,  so often we just took the steps when the elevators were slow to get to us.  I don't thing I would of lost as much if it were a Caribbean cruise.  😆

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Less, easier when Laura isn't around. 😉

Screenshot_20220614-113935_FITINDEX.thumb.jpg.522be9398c01ee95d0ec10134062299b.jpg

• Like 1

I've also lost weight on cruises.  For me, I try to stick to a low-glycemic diet.  On a cruise, I can easily find things to eat at the buffet or by asking in the MDR or specialty restaurants do omit or substitute items.  And I eat so much, that dessert is not an issue.  I also don't drink beer or frozen "sugary" drinks.  For me, it's either red wine or Scotch.

I couldn't imagine losing weight of a cruise... I eat and drink way to much! I used to try get the steps in to minimize the damage but with the knee starting fail over the last year. The last three cruises have been catastrophic for my weight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Stop by and say hi

Yep, as long as I get my certificate of recovery I will be on board this weekend and next weekend. As long as all of that goes to plan, then I will turn Pinnacle on the June 24th sailing.

My positive result is exactly 11 days before the cruise. All symptoms have resolved, so now I am waiting on my doc for the paperwork. They are typically slow, so I may use that online option that others have mentioned on CC. 

I LOVE Indy, but I have to admit I am looking forward to the Allure doing the 3/4 days runs. It will be nice to have an Oasis class on weekend trips.

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Less, easier when Laura isn't around. 😉

Screenshot_20220614-113935_FITINDEX.thumb.jpg.522be9398c01ee95d0ec10134062299b.jpg

I had to do a double take on that - could almost be mine (but the color clued me in)! I was just on vacation for a couple weeks (NOT a cruise) and was surprised that I didn't bounce up a bit more. 🙂 

i-cVMWX4G-M.png

Tom

• Like 1