Enchanted Princess dress code

Pjran

Please could you give me some guidance of the expected dress code on Enchanted Princess?

I’ve previously sailed with Cunard where diner suits and jackets are worn in the evenings.

Are you sailing from Southampton? We found that if the majority of passengers are British the dress tends to be more formal even on casual nights but not as formal as Cunard very few men wore jackets. When we did a British Isles cruise most of the passengers were from US and the dress was very casual.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pjran said:

Please could you give me some guidance of the expected dress code on Enchanted Princess?

I’ve previously sailed with Cunard where diner suits and jackets are worn in the evenings.

Plenty, plenty, plenty of existing threads covering the subject (to death). Suggest you do a search.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Plenty, plenty, plenty of existing threads covering the subject (to death). Suggest you do a search.

My friend asked me to post the question for her as she couldn’t find anything.

3 hours ago, sammybonny said:

Are you sailing from Southampton? We found that if the majority of passengers are British the dress tends to be more formal even on casual nights but not as formal as Cunard very few men wore jackets. When we did a British Isles cruise most of the passengers were from US and the dress was very casual.

Thank you. Yes they are sailing out of Southampton and used to the formal evening on other lines. This is their first time on Princess.

34 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Good luck with that as 90% of them get deleted by our gracious m-o-d-s.

2 minutes ago, Pjran said:

My friend asked me to post the question for her as she couldn’t find anything.

Not surprising as many of these threads get deleted after the insults start flying. 

I think you have some good answers already. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pjran said:

Thank you. Yes they are sailing out of Southampton and used to the formal evening on other lines. This is their first time on Princess.

Then they may prefer to bring some formal wear - whatever THEY are comfortable with is welcome on Princess (except shorts, T's, flip-flops, and similar are discouraged or possibly asked to return to cabin to change if a formal night).

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Then they may prefer to bring some formal wear - whatever THEY are comfortable with is welcome on Princess (except shorts, T's, flip-flops, and similar are discouraged or possibly asked to return to cabin to change if a formal night).

I thought you were on holiday ? 🛳️but after further  investigation, it appears there is an imposter in Alaska 😄

Edited by c-boy

3 minutes ago, c-boy said:

I thought you were on holiday ? 🛳️

you are but if you were in a smart hotel you would be expected to have made an effort for dinner

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jaxw17 said:

you are but if you were in a smart hotel you would be expected to have made an effort for dinner

I totally agree with you. Some people like to go to the dining room as if they were go to McDonald’s. 😳

Tony

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, c-boy said:

I thought you were on holiday ? 🛳️but after further  investigation, it appears there is an imposter in Alaska 😄

I guess you have good sources you checked with because I assure you we are not in Alaska and not on holiday at this time.  We are in the midst of major renovation and there have been some surprise costs and I am glad I have a pile of gift cards to apply to our October voyages since the reserves are depleting quickly (not to mention what the stock markets are doing to the retirement funds - yikes!!).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pjran said:

We have a Soton cruise coming up. We're doing the formal evenings to the hilt but for the rest in the MDR and speciality restaurants I'll be wearing chinos / long trousers and a collared shirt (polo or otherwise) so smart casual. The better half will be nicely and probably better dressed than me.

Imagine a decent UK restaurant. It's our first time on Princess, we at least hope people don't take the mick. I really don't want a chav cruise or it will be goodnight tokyo. 

Edited by doog442
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, doog442 said:

We have a Soton cruise coming up. We're doing the formal evenings to the hilt but for the rest in the MDR and speciality restaurants I'll be wearing chinos / long trousers and a collared shirt (polo or otherwise) so smart casual. The better half will be nicely and probably better dressed than me.

Imagine a decent UK restaurant. It's our first time on Princess, we at least hope people don't take the mick. I really don't want a chav cruise or it will be goodnight tokyo

Sorry but this Yank needs a translation. 😉😁

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks for your reply.