Celebrity summit

TEE703

I am supposed to cruise with a girlfriend on Sunday however I just tested positive for Covid. We would like to switch to a week in July but told by the TA this isn’t possible. Can anyone help out with this????? Thanks.

What do you mean “is not possible”?  What reason?  Because you are positive now?  And what are you looking for us to do?  

I will say that looking at the cruises on the summit, they are basically sold out except for interiors. (Mind you, I didn’t do an exhaustive search)

That could be what’s not possible. 

48 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

What do you mean “is not possible”?  What reason?  Because you are positive now?  And what are you looking for us to do?  

I will say that looking at the cruises on the summit, they are basically sold out except for interiors. (Mind you, I didn’t do an exhaustive search)

That could be what’s not possible. 

I’m not looking for you to do anything! I’m just asking for suggestions. I found balcony cabins available in July and we were hoping to switch and im about ready to call Celebrity myself to find out more about this. The person that booked this cruise cannot go and I’m taking her place only to now be sick. 

7 minutes ago, TEE703 said:

Supposedly, I don’t know this TA and my friend is in a frenzy. 

Obviously you do not have enough information about what is happening.   What ship and date are you trying to sail?

Your confusion might be that what you are getting is either a refund or FCC.  You now would need to book a new cruise.  You cannot simply switch your existing booking to another cruise.  Definitely not with all new passengers 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Not sure of the full details but I believe that the reason is if you you called today and said you tested positive  today you would not qualify to sail because you and your Fiance would not be able to answer

1.  In the Last 14 days have you been in contact with someone with someone with influenza-like illness or confirmed Covid-19?   Which would prohibit you from sailing for at least 14 days or when able to get a Certificate of Recovery. 

Also about 8 other questions about covid symptoms in past 14 days.

If you want to sail soon I would get a confirmed PCR test TODAY -   with a confirmed PCR test you can get a  certificate of Recovery on the 11th day after the confirmed test and can use this on Celebrity for the next 3 months.  

By the way your Fiance would not be able to answer those same questions

This is based on OP indication he was originally scheduled to sailing on Summit Jun 19th and want to sail on June 26th. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

The Certificate of Recovery doesn't work for Bermuda, which is the Summit's destination through July.  You would need a negative covid test. 

Other people have reported being able to rebook immediately.  One issue is the fares mightve changed (likely gone up) since this cruise was booked, and I think you would be liable for the difference, although there's a chance if you had travel insurance it might cover (check your credit card too).  Good luck. 

Edited by JFontaine