Missed something??

postman999

1 hour ago, postman999 said:

I was looking about and found it is cheaper to book a basic cruise the gift myself a PRINCESS PLUS package then book with a plus package. Have I mississed something?

How do you gift yourself Princess Plus?  Please explain.  Maybe I missed something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, postman999 said:

I was looking about and found it is cheaper to book a basic cruise the gift myself a PRINCESS PLUS package then book with a plus package. Have I mississed something?

Are you talking about the drink package you buy separately?

it does not include wifi or gratuities like the Princess Plus rate does.

think you missed something 

• Like 2

I don't see anywhere to book Princess Plus after booking the cruise. I do know that sometimes it is less expensive to book the drink package separately. Princess Plus is now regularly priced at $50 per person per day, but sometimes the price is more. On my upcoming cruise, it was going to be $56.25. I decided not to get it. I will have enough onboard credit to cover my daily gratuities and 2-3 drinks a day.

I still don't understand.  You choose your package when you sign up.  Have they added the ability to add the package after your book the cruise, besides just "upgrading" to the next level?  

Don't have any Princess cruises currently booked so I can't see the post-booking options.

What Postman is saying is that if you book the standard fare and then add the plus package at $50 per day it is less expensive than initially booking the plus fare. This may be true for some trips and not true for others. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 11:27 AM, skynight said:

What Postman is saying is that if you book the standard fare and then add the plus package at $50 per day it is less expensive than initially booking the plus fare. This may be true for some trips and not true for others. 

But you cannot add the Plus package after booking, so what he can do is add the drinks package, pre-pay gratuities and pre-pay WiFi separately.  I believe that would be much more expensive than just choosing the Plus package at the time of booking, unless he doesn't add the drinks package.

2 hours ago, toofewcruises said:

But you cannot add the Plus package after booking, so what he can do is add the drinks package, pre-pay gratuities and pre-pay WiFi separately.  I believe that would be much more expensive than just choosing the Plus package at the time of booking, unless he doesn't add the drinks package.

You are correct, at least for all the cruises I have priced out.

On 6/20/2022 at 1:18 PM, scooter6139 said:

I still don't understand.  You choose your package when you sign up.  Have they added the ability to add the package after your book the cruise, besides just "upgrading" to the next level?  

Don't have any Princess cruises currently booked so I can't see the post-booking options.

I have a cruise booked for August. I do not see a way to add the Plus package to my booking. As I mentioned before, it was going to be more than $50 per day when I booked the cruise. On some of the cruises I looked at for February, adding plus was over $100 a day. 

On 6/18/2022 at 10:57 AM, postman999 said:

Why would you gift yourself and then book with a plus  package? Am I missing something?

5/3/22

I have sent you a quote for the best price for July 2.  It would be for a balcony that Princess will pick the location.  I can add “Best3” for the additional $40 per person per day to include wifi, grats and drink package.  I am unable to move the obc from xxxxxx

from my Princess CVP ( ended up not booking it, and kept the November 22 cruise )

On 6/18/2022 at 4:55 PM, geoherb said:

I don't see anywhere to book Princess Plus after booking the cruise. I do know that sometimes it is less expensive to book the drink package separately. Princess Plus is now regularly priced at $50 per person per d. ay, but sometimes the price is more. On my upcoming cruise, it was going to be $56.25. I decided not to get it. I will have enough onboard credit to cover my daily gratuities and 2-3 drinks a day.

I upgraded to Princess us on my upcoming cruise by calling Princess, retained same cabin and booking number. In this case it was covered by existing FCC.  I believe the OP believes the drink package is the entire Princess Plus package.

Edited by Doug R.