Power strip thoughts-

Have three kids plus me so prob be tight to charge it all. Curious what people did and if below is something used

Thanks

Cruise Power Strip No Surge Protector with USB Outlets - Ship Approved (Non Surge Protection) Cruise Essentials

19 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

If you're on an Oasis class ship or the Odyssey, pick up a European converter off Amazon (sorry can't post the picture.  Gives you another standard outlet and a couple of USB ports.  

On the voyager 

1 hour ago, lionheart said:

Cruise Power Strip No Surge Protector with USB Outlets - Ship Approved (Non Surge Protection) Cruise Essentials

I have one of these that I use and have had no issues. 

I also have a three port USB outlet that I plug into one of the outlets on the above device. 

1 hour ago, lionheart said:

Have three kids plus me so prob be tight to charge it all. Curious what people did and if below is something used

Thanks

I used a similar one on Freedom and was fine. 

BTW, no cruise line has approved any power strip or anything that Amazon or anyone else sells.   I just take a USB cube that plugs right in.  It can handle two USB's plus I have a USB hub that can handle 4 USB's.  LOL, I just read the info. It's says approved "for", not approved "by".  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

I have a plug from IKEA that holds 3 USB cords. Is this allowed on the cruise?  Honestly didn’t think about this before and am now realizing we may have to adjust our packing as I usually bring a surge protector with a few outlets (will be in a hotel prior to the cruise). Don’t want it to get removed. Will be looking into other options!

2 hours ago, lionheart said:

Thanks

may or may not pass, depending on the port worker running the luggage xray machine. if it passes, you're golden. if it fails, you luggage is confiscated and you will have to go and get it from the naughty room. 

Prohibited

• Electrical Extension Cords
  •  

3 hours ago, lionheart said:

Thanks

I think that's what we used on the Jewel TA.