Tips for Oasis - Haven't sailed in a while and are now diamond

Its been a few years since we've cruised but after pushing our reservation multiple times during the last two years we will finally be sailing again early August on Oasis out of Bayonne (9-night to St Martin, PR, and Labadee).  We've been to all the ports before but I haven't been on the Oasis in YEARS (10+).  Obviously so much has changed and I'll do my best to catch up on the boards, but if there are tips or things I should consider, please share...  reservations, shows, boarding, etc.

We are a family of 5 with connecting balcony (Ocean view) cabins on Deck 7.  My kids are 15, 13, and 13.  My parents will also be sailing in a cabin a few down from us.

OH, and we're Diamond now (first cruise since reaching that tier)

TIA

Edited by Mewissy
  • Like 1

Just now, Mewissy said:

Obviously so much has changed and I'll do my best to catch up on the boards, but if there are tips or things I should consider, please share... 

Read the current on going live from threads.

Make sure you get a reservation for the Aqua Theater Show and the Late Night Adult Comedy Show (if you're so inclined) first thing after getting on board. You also need to make reservations for the headliner show, skating show, and Broadway show, if needed, but the Aqua Theater and Comedy Shows are the first to fill up, generally.  If you reserve the Aqua Theater Show earlier in the week, you have a better chance of having a make-up day scheduled if weather or technical problems cancel it.

You get four drinks per day on your Diamond vouchers, up to $13 each.  If you want to purchase a cheaper drink and use the voucher for a more expensive drink, be sure to mention to the server to NOT use your Diamond voucher.  If they don't bring you a slip to sign, they did not charge the drink to your room and used your Diamond voucher instead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big difference is you need to get the rccl app on your phones , you can book all your shows with app. Congratulations on being diamond, you get 4 free drinks at any bar or restaurant as stated before , you both also get free 8#10 photo.

• Thanks 1

with lots to do on Oasis class ships, you will find a few evenings eating in the Windjammer to be fast and good.  Plus you get a view of the water.  Ice show setting on the sides is also good as I tried it and liked the angle and felt closer to the skaters if in the first 5 rows.

the Aqua theatre you can always stand in the back.

Do not overlook getting breakfast at Park Cafe or solarium.  A nice break from the WJ.

I have been on Symphony and Allure and Wonder since early April.  Lots of walk in availability for most shows, but the comedy show in the small club you should get reservations.  However, each cruise will also do the adult show most likely on the last day in big theatre.

I would make sure to get off on Labadee as I hear it is nice again.  Sorry you are not going to coco Cay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Do not overlook getting breakfast at Park Cafe or solarium.  A nice break from the WJ.

Park Cafe breakfast was my favorite when we sailed on Oasis before.  I loved the flavored cream cheese and breakfast sandwiches.  🙂

• Like 1

I was on the Oasis last week.  Make sure to try Portside BBQ at least once.  It is reasonably priced at $14 for 2 meats, 2 sides, & a desert.  No reservations necessary.

Make your reservations as soon as you get on.  If you don't have the app, you can go to Boleros.  We also reserved the Escape Room ($19.99 ea) at Customer Service.  We also stopped to register GD at AO.  No appointments necessary there, she can go anytime they are open.

They are putting out the trivia puzzles in the Library now but they seem to go quickly & there is none left over from the previous day.    

Be prepared for a long line for laser tag.  My GD waited for an hour to go with friends while we were at the Escape Room & when we went to pick her up at AO, she said she had just gotten there.

There were over 6,000 passengers aboard so I'm guessing 100% capacity.

We went to Port Canaveral, Nassau & Coco Cay so can't advise about ports.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, soremekun said:

Claim your spot in the diamond lounge on day 1.    I would suggest an orange traffic cone.

I never go into the Diamond Lounge.  Once I peeked in and folks looked bored.

They are there to collect their free drinks.  I will pass.

On 6/27/2022 at 7:22 PM, Mewissy said:

Park Cafe breakfast was my favorite when we sailed on Oasis before.  I loved the flavored cream cheese and breakfast sandwiches.  🙂

and at lunch they have bags of chips.  However, they also have the skinnest thin sandwich I have ever seen.  But I got a bag of chips at least.  Yes love the breakfast sandwhiches.

on Symphony there are 3 rocking chairs a few feet away from the exits. I did not see these on Allure.

On 6/27/2022 at 7:22 PM, Mewissy said:

breakfast sandwiches. 

Every time I think I’m being an oddball I find out I’m not. I had one almost every morning on Harmony about a month ago before our family sit down breakfast.

I lovingly called them Park Cafe McMuffins but they were so much more.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I never go into the Diamond Lounge.  Once I peeked in and folks looked bored.

They are there to collect their free drinks.  I will pass.

Don't you still need to use a drink coupon in the Diamond lounge? 

12 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes. There are still free snacks during happy hour and of course the coffee machine but no free drinks (other than vouchers).

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I would not know since I do not use the lounge.

When I ordered wine in the MDR, he could tell by my seapass card and it was not charge not even a receipt for a tip.  So guessing the lounge also keeps track by the seapass card.

We were on oasis 2 weeks ago.  Aqua show and ice show not to be missed. Headliner shows very good but they change either weekly or biweekly. Same with adult comedy show. We didn't go to cats. Kids went to portside bbq for lunch. Said it was good. Very reasonably priced.   Make all your reservations for restaurants and shows right away.  We ate at the hibachi. Very good but very limited seating. Ask your head waiter to get you a reservation. We did was able to get reservation with  20% off.