Priority Boarding

mdsgu

44 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

So, are the doors open to the hallways? If closed, do they push open? Do you knock if those doors are locked?  Just curious …

They have them all open with a door stop at that point.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

First Carnival cruise coming up - i thought I had read somewhere that you were not allowed to take alcohol onboard.  Can anyone clarify if I can take my own wine on ?

Wine is allowed, one bottle per person in carry on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

First Carnival cruise coming up - i thought I had read somewhere that you were not allowed to take alcohol onboard.  Can anyone clarify if I can take my own wine on ?

Yes one bottle per adult in carryon luggage

• Like 1

So we've boarded perhaps 6 cruises post pandemic.  Each and every time the A01, A02, A03, etc. boarding procedure was followed.  We've sailed from Mia, Balt and Long Beach.

For boarding zone, how many numbers exist for each letter?  We always had FTTF, but with that gone, for our July cruise, we just got a 10:30 arrival appointment, but zone B01.  Just trying to figure out how many zones in A are before us and how strictly zones are being used to board.  We're cruising out of NY if that matters.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:24 AM, mdsgu said:

Has the priority boarding for Platinum/Diamond cruisers returned?

You get to pick your arrival check in time. You have a 30 min. window. Ours was noon - 12:30. We arrived at 12:15 and no line at all. Miss the time and you will be at the back of a very long line.

On 6/30/2022 at 12:16 AM, Markmom18 said:

So, are the doors open to the hallways? If closed, do they push open? Do you knock if those doors are locked?  Just curious …

The doors can not be locked for safety reasons which is why everyone feels free to open and go to their stateroom.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sarmat1 said:

For boarding zone, how many numbers exist for each letter?  We always had FTTF, but with that gone, for our July cruise, we just got a 10:30 arrival appointment, but zone B01.  Just trying to figure out how many zones in A are before us and how strictly zones are being used to board.  We're cruising out of NY if that matters.

I was B01 on mardi gras and was onboard 10 min later than my friends in A01

In Seattle, we had a suite so were supposed to be priority and there was not really anything until the very end and by then there was no wait at the regular lines anyway because security was so backed up.  So, getting the earliest boarding time and getting there early was the only way to get on the ship first.

In Port Canaveral, they did have a special waiting area for suites, but not Platinum/Diamond and suites were allowed to board first.

I have been on two cruises since the restart out of Galveston and for the life of me I can't really recall...I *THOUGHT* they left diamond/plat board after suites but I may literally be recalling a time we boarded before covid. We have cruised out of Galveston so many times that they run together on me. 

Edited by Eli_6