Clay Clayton

On 10/12/2022 at 11:55 AM, zelker said:

Just got this email today.  New Antarctica Promo (on select sailings) - 

ANTARCTICA SUMMER SALE

All-Inclusive from $11,995*
Plus, FREE International Airfare

ASK FOR OFFER: ANT22

Antarctica Sale (viking.com)

Expedition promo ANT22 extended to Jan 31, 2023.

Fares now starting at $7,995.

Free international air

It sounds like a last-minute sale to me.

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/expedition/ANT22/20220730/antarctic-explorer.html

Offer ANT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Dec 28, 2022 to Jan 31, 2023. Cruise from $7,995 per person valid on select Feb-Mar 2023 departures of Antarctic Explorer in category N2; subject to availability, other categories/departures may be higher. Call for details. Free international airfare valid on all featured itineraries/departures. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Jan 31, 2023. Pay in full at time of booking.. Offer expires Jan 31, 2023.

On 12/24/2022 at 2:58 PM, Clay Clayton said:

That was our plan also…be advised if for some reason the first cruise doesn’t go, any vouchers from it will automatically be applied to your 2024 cruise.  Others have reported being able to provide direction at the time of voucher receipt that this shouldn’t take place.  YMMV

Just to update everyone, after emailing TellUs expressing my frustration that our vouchers had been applied without our knowledge, I got an email that they had forwarded my issue to the proper folks and I should receive a call. A few days before Christmas I was called and told that Viking applies the vouchers as a convenience to their customers as others had complained they weren’t able to use them as they had forgotten they had them. (Yeah sure, DMIL has one that is going to expire this summer and gets at least an email a month reminding her!). I pointed out that the larger of our vouchers was applied several months AFTER we had booked the cruise and that it seemed to me that Viking should at least ask or notify the customer and/or the Travel Agent.  The representative said she understood and would have a supervisor review and give me a call back “after Christmas”. 

When I hadn’t heard back yesterday (Dec 29th) and since the promo I was trying to use expired on Dec 31st I emailed TellUs them asking again for assistance. They responded that I should get a phone call before noon today. 

I was happily surprised to find an email this morning with an updated booking  that included the upgraded stateroom and the silver spirits package. 
😃

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Just to update everyone, after emailing TellUs expressing my frustration that our vouchers had been applied without our knowledge, I got an email that they had forwarded my issue to the proper folks and I should receive a call. A few days before Christmas I was called and told that Viking applies the vouchers as a convenience to their customers as others had complained they weren’t able to use them as they had forgotten they had them. (Yeah sure, DMIL has one that is going to expire this summer and gets at least an email a month reminding her!). I pointed out that the larger of our vouchers was applied several months AFTER we had booked the cruise and that it seemed to me that Viking should at least ask or notify the customer and/or the Travel Agent.  The representative said she understood and would have a supervisor review and give me a call back “after Christmas”. 

When I hadn’t heard back yesterday (Dec 29th) and since the promo I was trying to use expired on Dec 31st I emailed TellUs them asking again for assistance. They responded that I should get a phone call before noon today. 

I was happily surprised to find an email this morning with an updated booking  that included the upgraded stateroom and the silver spirits package. 
😃

Wonderful news!  Thanks for letting us all know.  I'm sure you're pleased with this outcome.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aungrl said:

Wonderful news!  Thanks for letting us all know.  I'm sure you're pleased with this outcome.  

Yes, of course I’m sure that on Jan 1 they will have a promo that includes biz air, included gratuities, SS, laundry, $1000 onboard credit, and upgrades to suites 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Yes, of course I’m sure that on Jan 1 they will have a promo that includes biz air, included gratuities, SS, laundry, $1000 onboard credit, and upgrades to suites 😂

Well when that promo appears I am booking 100's of days aboard Viking for the next 10 years!!!!

Edited by deec
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there Viking River code alternative to VHT22?  My girlfriend and I receive no benefit from upgraded beverage package.  I booked Rhine Getaway for September 2022.  I called Viking and the sales person said they cannot modify but said there was a different code that went out around Nov 25 (but of course they will not tell you what the code is).  The beverage upgrade is valued at $150 per person.  We’d much rather have ship credit!  

I have until Tuesday to fund.  I’m going to see if there is a direct benefit to have AAA travel take over my booking.  I was told the last time I would have received $100 per person ship credit.  I assume no downside.

Thank you in advance.

44 minutes ago, jazznpool said:

Is there Viking River code alternative to VHT22?  My girlfriend and I receive no benefit from upgraded beverage package.  I booked Rhine Getaway for September 2022.  I called Viking and the sales person said they cannot modify but said there was a different code that went out around Nov 25 (but of course they will not tell you what the code is).  The beverage upgrade is valued at $150 per person.  We’d much rather have ship credit!  

I have until Tuesday to fund.  I’m going to see if there is a direct benefit to have AAA travel take over my booking.  I was told the last time I would have received $100 per person ship credit.  I assume no downside.

Thank you in advance.

Jazznpool, I just received a brochure today for river cruises thru 1/31/23 "free airfare, $25 deposit, reduced fares". I don't know if it will be a better deal or not: RJE23. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, fairydustca said:

Jazznpool, I just received a brochure today for river cruises thru 1/31/23 "free airfare, $25 deposit, reduced fares". I don't know if it will be a better deal or not: RJE23. Good luck!

Thank you kindly!  I called Viking and the RJE23 code is the same without beverage upgrade.  It does extend the “free airfare” until January 31 though and might be applicable to other River trips that were not included in the VHT22 promotion. We just returned from the Danube Christmas Markets cruise (we enjoyed) so there is an incentive to book again in 14 days.

1 hour ago, jazznpool said:

Thank you in advance.

If you want to maximize your onboard credit you might want to shop around for a different TA. Viking’s max allowable is $150pp for a cruise up to 7 nights, $300pp for 8-14 nights, and $500 pp for cruises over 15 nights. 

• Like 1

Re: onboard offer if booked within 14 days of disembarkation.  Call V sales dept to ask if they would offer it to us, after Sea TA.  Said only if the prior cruise was booked directly with V, not a travel agent.  Anyone know if policy has changed to that which I was told?

18 hours ago, jazznpool said:

Thank you in advance.

If you want to maximize your onboard credit you might want to shop around for a different TA. Viking’s max allowable is $150pp for a cruise up to 7 nights, $300pp for 8-14 nights, and $500 pp for cruises over 15 nights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Doesn’t seem to be a particular code but $25 deposits are showing up on a number of cruises. YMMV

It appears it applies to all ocean cruises less than 35 days on the website. 
D143A3D5-5E86-48DF-94BB-B158734159E8.thumb.jpeg.e5632d1ad80dd83f74cbee150673d904.jpeg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2023 at 12:44 PM, Clay Clayton said:

Doesn’t seem to be a particular code but $25 deposits are showing up on a number of cruises. YMMV

And all 2023 river cruises have free air now in addition to $25 deposits.

Promo Code RJE23 or RML23

58 minutes ago, Selion said:

I appreciate the info but please note neither code provides free air for Douro cruises despite the code being accepted. This was the case a few months ago. I had asked my Viking agent who then indicated in his 10 years with Viking he has never seen free air for Portugal.

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

Not true.  I had a Duoro river cruise booked.  Free air included.  It was a 2020 cruise canceled due to Covid.

interesting - but you're both correct as Viking agents are not usually told about promotions  - they find out when a customer tells them the code. 

2 hours ago, Squawkman said:

I appreciate the info but please note neither code provides free air for Douro cruises despite the code being accepted. This was the case a few months ago. I had asked my Viking agent who then indicated in his 10 years with Viking he has never seen free air for Portugal.

You're right, @Squawkman.  I should've said "most" instead of "all."  Was just checking out cruises on the Rhone, no free air with either codes.

I'm searching for a promo code for an "Ancient Adriatic Treasures" cruise in April 2024.

I spoke to 2 Viking agents today and they said there was a code for this cruise but couldn't give it to me and I would need to find it myself.

I request any and all assistance.

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, worldtraveler56 said:

@Adriatic2024There is the EBD promo for $25 deposit and "up to" free airfare.  Does that help?

See post #415. Free air is only for one cruise (Eastern Seaboard Explorer). EBD does nothing. You get the same price if you book now with or without it.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

On 1/3/2023 at 5:44 AM, Selion said:

My wife received a brochure in the mail today "2023 & 2024 River Voyages."  It references the following site for more information about their 25th Anniversary Sate, with "FREE International airfare*," $25 Deposit, and an expiration of January 31, 2023:

vrc.com/Europe

Entering that link redirects to the following site:

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/cruise-destinations/europe/index.html?promoCode=RJE23

However "Price and Build", for some of the voyages result instead to a site with Offer Code RML23 and this site appears identical to the RJE23 site:

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/cruise-destinations/europe/index.html?promoCode=RML23

9 hours ago, UWDawg said:

My wife received a brochure in the mail today "2023 & 2024 River Voyages."  It references the following site for more information about their 25th Anniversary Sate, with "FREE International airfare*," $25 Deposit, and an expiration of January 31, 2023:

vrc.com/Europe

Entering that link redirects to the following site:

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/cruise-destinations/europe/index.html?promoCode=RJE23

However "Price and Build", for some of the voyages result instead to a site with Offer Code RML23 and this site appears identical to the RJE23 site:

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/cruise-destinations/europe/index.html?promoCode=RML23

Interesting that the new Lyon, Provence & the Rhineland cannot be booked online and is instead “call for a quote.” That one must be a logistical problem juggling reservations across two existing itineraries. Needs a human instead of a computer program to figure it out.