Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

On 8/11/2023 at 2:37 PM, Clay Clayton said:

WORLD CRUISE EXCLUSIVE:

• Business Class air1
  • Ground transfers to and from the ship; private car transfer for Owner's Suite or Explorer's Suite
  • All onboard gratuities and service fees
  • Our Silver Spirits beverage package, including virtually all drinks on board
  • Complimentary visa service2
  • Free luggage shipping services for embarkation

2024 Viking World Journeys Guests will receive:

• $1,000 per person shore excursions credit, which can be used toward optional shore excursions or overland tours
  • $1,000 per person shipboard credit, which can be used toward spa services, onboard shops & laundry
  • Additional $1,000 per person shipboard credit for all Viking Explorer Society Members

Clay

I would think Viking would extend this offer long enough for you as it has been active since at least March and then they sweetened it w/ additional savings in either June or July.  Looking forward to meeting you and Mike on board. 

43 minutes ago, starrmom999 said:

I was thinking about booking the Antarctic Explorer. They have free air and some deals on cabins. Has anyone done this cruise?  Any experiences you can  share? Would you do the antarctic with Viking or a different cruise line? 

FYI Promo SUM23 is still good until Aug 31 and it also gives double past guest discount.

46 minutes ago, starrmom999 said:

I was thinking about booking the Antarctic Explorer. They have free air and some deals on cabins. Has anyone done this cruise?  Any experiences you can  share? Would you do the antarctic with Viking or a different cruise line? 

We are considering an Antarctic cruise, too.  There is a Cruise Critic Group (Viking Expeditions Thread) that might give you more information.  Also, there is a FB group that is very active (Viking Expedition Antarctica Cruises.)

8 hours ago, tomv2950 said:

Clay

I would think Viking would extend this offer long enough for you as it has been active since at least March and then they sweetened it w/ additional savings in either June or July.  Looking forward to meeting you and Mike on board. 

We are almost ready to pull the trigger.  Biggest issue now is liquidating investments fast enough to book and getting over my concern about missing our niece's graduation. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

We are almost ready to pull the trigger.  Biggest issue now is liquidating investments fast enough to book and getting over my concern about missing our niece's graduation. 

If your niece is anything like you and Mike, she would not only completely understand, she'd be the first to encourage you to celebrate with her when you're back!  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

By missing your nieces graduation you are teaching her some valuable life lessons:

- Don't be afraid to seize the moment and opportunity.

- Travel is an education in itself

- Live life to its fullest

Do it!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2023 at 2:30 PM, starrmom999 said:

We booked Dec '24.  Took advantage of free air and $25 deposit (take a look at high cost of booking air on your own).  Have another VO sailing coming up so they gave  us 6 month FP.  If price drops will cancel and rebook only being out the $25 pp.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

By missing your nieces graduation you are teaching her some valuable life lessons:

Do it!

Clay - I was about to say an almost identical thing!  And Lorna beat me to it.   It's how I'd feel as well.  Carpe Diem!  We've had too many friends and relatives pass recently at our age - makes you take a look at things differently.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Clay - I was about to say an almost identical thing!  And Lorna beat me to it.   It's how I'd feel as well.  Carpe Diem!  We've had too many friends and relatives pass recently at our age - makes you take a look at things differently.

Hear hear!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Do it!

TayanaLorna:  I am going on the Viking Sea November 2023. I enjoyed and appreciated your review. I was unable to copy it. Would you possibly be able to send me a copy of your journal? It would be very helpful as we plan our excursions. Thank you! betti661@gmail.com

12 hours ago, BettyRuth said:

TayanaLorna:  I am going on the Viking Sea November 2023. I enjoyed and appreciated your review. I was unable to copy it. Would you possibly be able to send me a copy of your journal? It would be very helpful as we plan our excursions. Thank you! betti661@gmail.com

Sure thing BettyRuth

23 hours ago, aungrl said:

If your niece is anything like you and Mike, she would not only completely understand, she'd be the first to encourage you to celebrate with her when you're back!  

21 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Do it!

Here was her response when I sent a screenshot of y'all's advice:

They’re right though! I am very excited for you guys to have this experience!

😀

• Like 12

We are doing the Antarctica trip that we had to cancel last January because my husband's heart valve did not want to work any longer...the new pig valve seems to working just fine!  What a wonderful time you will have!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Here was her response when I sent a screenshot of y'all's advice:

They’re right though! I am very excited for you guys to have this experience!

😀

I know I speak for the many you have selflessly helped on this board in expressing our happiness for you. You deserve this opportunity! Enjoy and report back. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Clay - of course we'll expect from you the same level of fantastic day by day descriptions and pictures!  So many World Cruisers do blogs since they write and post so much (versus multiple Cruise Critic posts).   Perhaps you can create a blog too!  It would no doubt, be fabulous reading!  And you'd have many followers.   Wouldn't it be great if you could be a guest lecturer on Architecture?

Keep us posted on your plans.

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Clay - of course we'll expect from you the same level of fantastic day by day descriptions and pictures!  So many World Cruisers do blogs since they write and post so much (versus multiple Cruise Critic posts).   Perhaps you can create a blog too!  It would no doubt, be fabulous reading!  And you'd have many followers.   Wouldn't it be great if you could be a guest lecturer on Architecture?

Keep us posted on your plans.

Thank you for your kind words and hope I can live up to the past. I have a blog but quit using it when the cost for picture storage was too great and the idea that it might pay for itself never happened (damn YouTubers!.  I just learned from someone on here that if I crop a picture even a tiny bit it reduces its data size so I might consider doing it again.  But likely won't.  It's worked pretty well on the last few cruises to post on Instagram which is automatically pushed to Mike's Facebook and then I just copy and paste the text on a "Live-ish" thread on here and add info that most "regular" people don't care about (how wide is the space between the two-tops in The Restaurant for example😉). 

I haven't given up the idea of becoming a Viking lecturer, had a great zoom call with one of our favorites to discuss how best to go about it.  Was planning on spending this fall working on some topics and outlines BUT if we book the WC -we are now at 99 and 44/100% there (IYKYK); then I suspect planning will put that off a bit. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2023 at 9:30 PM, starrmom999 said:

We did Antarctica in Dec2022-Jan2023 on the Octantis and it was one of the best trips of my life! We were very lucky with the weather and the Drake Passage. Our sailing was the first time Viking passed over the Antarctic Circle so again, we were very lucky. The food was amazing and the best I’ve ever had on any Viking trip and the ship is gorgeous! The lectures are very informative and the excursions are phenomenal! We’re very happy we chose Viking for the once in a lifetime trip! Bite the bullet and book today! 😃

• Like 3

If anyone is interested in Ancient Adriatic treasures, Venice to Istanbul, I found a date that is running 1900 to 2100 than all the other ones, Apr 7 2025. No promo, for some reason the V1 and V2 is significantly cheaper that day, if you go up to DV6 the price jumps 2000! Or other dates! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, CHammond said:

If anyone is interested in Ancient Adriatic treasures, Venice to Istanbul, I found a date that is running 1900 to 2100 than all the other ones, Apr 7 2025. No promo, for some reason the V1 and V2 is significantly cheaper that day, if you go up to DV6 the price jumps 2000! Or other dates! 

Nice! The weather should be downright tolerable, maybe even lovely, that time of year. It can be brutal not long after. 

• Like 1