Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

EBD promo for July-August River cruises. Looks like they are creating an alternative for Paris being unavailable because of the Olympics. Danube river cruise now has a Munich & Salzburg extension.

DISCOVER MORE Sale

Ask for offer EBD · Expires February‌ 29, ‌2024

Viking River ship

Enjoy an included excursion in each port

Admire Hofburg Palace, home of the Spanish Riding School and its beloved Lipizzaner stallions, during a walking tour in Vienna. Explore the magnificent Castle District in Budapest. Or visit historic Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in Prague. An immersive excursion is included in each port when you join us on a river voyage. Reserve your stateroom during our Discover More Sale and receive a Double Past Guest Discount of up to $800 in savings per couple. Plus, enjoy up to FREE airfare, special fares and more on the featured itineraries below.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

Romantic Danube
Romantic Danube

Budapest to Regensburg

$25 Deposit &
Reduced International Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &
Double Past Guest Discount

Departures: Mar–Nov
2024 & 2025

DAYS

TOURS

$2,199*

FROM

Danube Waltz
Danube Waltz

Budapest to Passau

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

Departures: Mar–Nov
2024, 2025 & 2026

DAYS

TOURS

$2,199*

FROM

Elegant Elbe
Elegant Elbe

Berlin to Prague

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

Departures: Mar–Jul, Sep-Nov
2024, 2025 & 2026

DAYS

TOURS

$3,499*

FROM

Portugal’s River of Gold
Portugal’s River of Gold

Lisbon to Porto

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

2024, 2025 & 2026

DAYS

TOURS

$3,999*

FROM

Capitals of Eastern Europe
Capitals of Eastern Europe

Vienna to Bucharest

$25 Deposit &
FREE International Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &

2024, 2025 & 2026

DAYS

TOURS

$5,999*

FROM

EXTEND YOUR VOYAGE

Munich & Salzburg
Munich & Salzburg

Visit filming locations for The Sound of Musicand admire the famed Neuschwanstein Castle when you add four nights in Austria and Germany to your Danube Waltz voyage.

LEARN MORE
  • Like 1

Back on topic…I just read a post in another group from someone who went to a presentation by a Viking Rep who said independent travel agents gave access to “hidden codes” (about six right now) that are not released to the public. Another good reason to check with a good TA before booking.

57 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

Back on topic…I just read a post in another group from someone who went to a presentation by a Viking Rep who said independent travel agents gave access to “hidden codes” (about six right now) that are not released to the public. Another good reason to check with a good TA before booking.

Hmmm - I'll have to ask our TA (from a very large Agency) about that.  In all our dealings, never heard of that and they do quite a bit of business with Viking.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Hmmm - I'll have to ask our TA (from a very large Agency) about that.  In all our dealings, never heard of that and they do quite a bit of business with Viking.

So I also use an agent from a very large agency who told me on my first call to her that she had access to all these secret promos.  On that call to her I already had a promo code so we didn't discuss it further.

On a subsequent call, I asked what promo codes she knew were available.

Silence...

Urban legend?

• Haha 1

Just now, MikeyB said:

So I also use an agent from a very large agency who told me on my first call to her that she had access to all these secret promos.  On that call to her I already had a promo code so we didn't discuss it further.

Silence...

Urban legend?

I'm talking with my agent this afternoon.  Will let you know what she says (and how she says it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

Silence...

Urban legend?

OK.  I spoke with my TA.

YES, they do get special codes to be used by them (not for buying directly with Viking).  They can tell you what specials there are (5 of them in February) by the type of itinerary but don't give you the code itself.  They will apply them.  They also have access to all those codes we see posted in CC and from various Viking emails.   

This is true not just of Viking but other cruise lines like Regent, etc. 

If I were to wish to book something, she would immediately look for those codes and apply them.  I could also call and ask what are the TA specials on Viking bookable this month, for example, and she could tell me the itineraries.  I could then choose one of those specials by itinerary if I wanted.  I gather they keep this somewhat close to the vest.

Hope that helps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

OK.  I spoke with my TA.

YES, they do get special codes to be used by them (not for buying directly with Viking).  They can tell you what specials there are (5 of them in February) by the type of itinerary but don't give you the code itself.  They will apply them.  They also have access to all those codes we see posted in CC and from various Viking emails.   

If I were to wish to book something, she would immediately look for those codes and apply them.  I could also call and ask what are the TA specials on Viking bookable this month, for example, and she could tell me the itineraries.  I could then choose one of those specials by itinerary if I wanted.  I gather they keep this somewhat close to the vest.

Hope that helps. 

I wasn't going to ask, and I'm surprised no one else has.....

Could you please send me the details of what agency you use?  I won't be made if you don't.

Thanks

My gmail address is koateak

• Like 1

President's Day Sale FDS24

PRESIDENTS’ DAY SALE

FREE Roundtrip Airfare   |  FREE Stateroom Upgrade | Special Fares

Ask for offer FDS24 · Expires February‌ 29, ‌2024

Viking ship

Explore the Great Lakes or the
Mississippi River

We invite you to plan a voyage closer to home and discover the famous landmarks and hidden gems of North America during our Presidents’ Day Sale. You can explore a diverse array of natural wonders in the Great Lakes region from the comfort of one of our state-of-the-art expedition ships. Or immerse yourself in the vibrant culture and delicious cuisine of America’s heartland when you join us for a river journey on board the elegant Viking Mississippi. Reserve your stateroom today to enjoy FREE roundtrip airfare, a FREE stateroom upgrade and special fares on the featured itineraries below.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED VOYAGES

Great Lakes Collection

ALL 5 GREAT LAKES

Great Lakes Collection

Duluth to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Plus, FREE Stateroom Upgrade &
Special Fares

Departures: May–Sep 2024

ASK FOR OFFER: FDS24

DAYS

TOURS

Canada & the Atlantic Coastline

Canada & the Atlantic
Coastline

Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Special Fares

Departures: Apr & Oct 2024

DAYS

TOURS

Canadian Discovery
Canadian Discovery

New York City to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Special Fares

Departures: Apr & Aug 2024

DAYS

COUNTRIES

Heart of the Delta
Heart of the Delta

New Orleans to Memphis

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Special Fares

Departures: Mar–Jun 2024

DAYS

TOURS

Upper Mississippi Explorer

NEW ITINERARY

Memphis to St. Paul

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Special Fares

Departures: Jun, Aug & Oct 2024

DAYS

TOURS

• Thanks 1

PRESIDENTS’ DAY SALE

FREE Roundtrip Airfare   |  FREE Stateroom Upgrade | Special Fares

Ask for offer FDS24 · Expires February‌ 29, ‌2024

Viking ship

Explore the Great Lakes or the
Mississippi River

We invite you to plan a voyage closer to home and discover the famous landmarks and hidden gems of North America during our Presidents’ Day Sale. You can explore a diverse array of natural wonders in the Great Lakes region from the comfort of one of our state-of-the-art expedition ships. Or immerse yourself in the vibrant culture and delicious cuisine of America’s heartland when you join us for a river journey on board the elegant Viking Mississippi. Reserve your stateroom today to enjoy FREE roundtrip airfare, a FREE stateroom upgrade and special fares on the featured itineraries below.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED VOYAGES

Great Lakes Collection

ALL 5 GREAT LAKES

Great Lakes Collection

Duluth to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Special Fares

Departures: May–Sep 2024

DAYS

TOURS

Canada & the Atlantic Coastline

Canada & the Atlantic
Coastline

Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Special Fares

Departures: Apr & Oct 2024

DAYS

TOURS

Canadian Discovery
Canadian Discovery

New York City to Toronto

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Special Fares

Departures: Apr & Aug 2024

DAYS

COUNTRIES

Heart of the Delta
Heart of the Delta

New Orleans to Memphis

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Special Fares

Departures: Mar–Jun 2024

DAYS

TOURS

NEW ITINERARY

Memphis to St. Paul

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Special Fares

Departures: Jun, Aug & Oct 2024

DAYS

TOURS

FEATURED ON VIKING.TV

Discover the Great Lakes Region
Discover the Great Lakes Region

Join Viking Ambassador-at-Large Jean Newman Glock to explore the treasures of Lakes Michigan and Huron, from shipwrecks beneath the water to charming Mackinac Island.

WATCH NOW ON VIKING.TV
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2024 at 3:55 PM, CCWineLover said:

I think it's just a small trick from your TA to increase the value of booking with her 🙂

There are no special codes for TA use only. I know that as I am working in a travel business for a long time. 

• Like 2

DISCOVER MORE Sale

Explore the ends of the Earth

Explore the ends of the Earth

From the “ice fjords” of the Canadian High Arctic to the breathtaking landscapes of the “White Continent,” you can explore the ends of the earth when you join us on one of the popular expedition voyages featured below. Book your voyage during our Discover More Sale to enjoy a deposit of just $25 and up to FREE airfare. Plus, take advantage of special fares and receive a Double Past Guest Discount of up to $800 per couple on a journey that takes you where few have ventured before.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED EXPEDITION VOYAGES

Into the Northwest Passage

NEW ITINERARY

Into the Northwest Passage

Nuuk to Nuuk

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

Jul–Sep 2025 & 2026 Voyages

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Canada Greenland Explorer

NEW ITINERARY

Canada & Greenland Explorer

Toronto to Nuuk

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

Jul & Sep 2025 & 2026 Voyages

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Canada & the Northwest Passage

NEW ITINERARY

Canada & the Northwest Passage

Toronto to Nuuk

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

Jul & Sep 2025 & 2026 Voyages 

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Antarctic Explorer
Antarctic Explorer

Buenos Aires to Ushuaia

$25 Deposit &
Up to FREE Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &

Select 2024–2026 Voyages

DAYS

COUNTRIES

Antarctica & South Georgia Island
Antarctica & South Georgia Island

Buenos Aires to Ushuaia

$25 Deposit &
Up to FREE Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &

Select 2024–2026 Voyages

DAYS

COUNTRIES

Duplicate Promos, Same as above... Removed

Offer NTB24: Offer valid on bookings made from Feb 7 to Feb 29, 2024. $25 deposit, reduced international airfare, plus $400 shipboard credit per couple & special fares valid on select Jul-Sep 2025 & 2026 departures of Into the Northwest Passage; select Jul & Sep 2025 & 2026 departures of Canada & Greenland Explorer; Canada & The Northwest Passage. $25 deposit, up to free international airfare, plus $400 shipboard credit per couple & special fares valid on select Nov-Dec 2024, Jan-Feb, Nov-Dec 2025 & Jan-Feb 2026 departures of Antarctic Explorer; select Dec 2024, Jan-Feb, Nov-Dec 2025 & Jan-Feb 2026 departures of Antarctica & South Georgia Island. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Feb 29, 2024. 2024: Pay in full by Mar 31, 2024 or at 120 days prior to departure (whichever comes first). 2025: Pay in full by Jun 30, 2024. 2026: Pay in full by Jan 15, 2025. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Offer expires Feb 29, 2024.

Edited by Travel Lion

9 hours ago, Urum said:

I think it's just a small trick from your TA to increase the value of booking with her 🙂

There are no special codes for TA use only. I know that as I am working in a travel business for a long time. 

I wouldn't be surprised if some TAs believe the coupon codes are *only* issued to them only and/or a duplicate set of codes is pushed to TAs that run alongside the same sales we see. How many TAs truly watch the Viking itinerary prices like the readers here might? There are many itineraries and lines that compete with Viking with sales that start and end all the time. It would be tough to keep up.

At the end of the day, it's sales, and it's always going to be a bit murky. It's probably a bit more standard that plane flight fares that can change dozens of times a day depending on whatever supply/demand algorithm the code uses.

Edited by Mike07

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 844-682-0762
or contact your travel advisor

DISCOVER MORE Sale

SAVE ON NEW CHINA VOYAGES

FREE International Airfare  |   $25 Deposit   |  Special Fares
New Guest Offer: $400 Shipboard Credit per Couple

Ask for offer NTB24 • Expires ‍February‍ ‍29‍‍,‍ ‍2024‍

The Year of the Dragon

The Year of the Dragon

We invite you to join us in celebrating the Lunar New Year on February 10, which marks the beginning of the Year of the Dragon. In Chinese culture, the dragon symbolizes good luck, strength and a pioneering spirit. Celebrations to usher out the old year and welcome the prosperity of the new one often include fireworks, special foods and a parade featuring a colorful "dancing" dragon.

In the spirit of celebrating new opportunities, we are delighted to share that we have four, first-of-their-kind itineraries to China this autumn. These voyages range from 10 to 20 days and explore iconic cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Each itinerary also includes coastal destinations and ports to which only Viking has access. With these all-inclusive, fully guided journeys, you can discover the best of China the Viking way, with experiences designed to introduce you to the people, culture and cuisine of this fascinating country. Reserve your stateroom today.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

Classic China & the Coast

NEW! FREE INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE

Classic China & the Coast

15 DAYS | Hong Kong to Beijing

Marvel at a Ming Dynasty temple where emperors once prayed for a bountiful harvest, explore Xian—the capital of 12 imperial dynasties—in Central China, sample Cantonese dim sum in Shenzhen and much more.

ASK FOR OFFER: NTB24

Wonders of China

NEW! FREE INTERATIONAL AIRFARE   |  FEATURING TIBET

Wonders of China

20 DAYS | Beijing to Beijing

Travel into mountainous Tibet, where you will meet a local family, and enjoy overnight stays in Beijing, Chengdu, Lhasa and Xian on one of our most comprehensive China itineraries.

Best of China

NEW! FREE INTERATIONAL AIRFARE   |  FEATURING TIBET

Best of China

20 DAYS | Beijing to Beijing

Discover the Forbidden City, the Great Wall and the Terra Cotta Warriors, see rare giant pandas and attend a traditional tea ceremony on this magnificent exploration of coastal and inland China.

China Discovery

NEW! FREE INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE

China Discovery

10 DAYS | Hong Kong to Shanghai

From Shanghai’s iconic waterfront and culinary delights to the Buddhist shrines of Zhoushan, immerse yourself in China’s rich culture and history during an unforgettable, fully guided journey along its scenic southeastern coast.

EXTEND YOUR VOYAGE

Beijing
Beijing

Explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites—including the Forbidden City and the Great Wall—when you extend your China Discovery voyage with three additional nights in one of history’s great capitals.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED VIDEOS

Invitation from Karine Hagen
Invitation from Karine Hagen

Discover our new coastal China voyages, which provide Viking guests with exclusive access to seldom-seen ports, and learn more about our deep experience bringing travelers to this captivating nation.

WATCH NOW
Discovering Exclusive-to-Viking China Voyages
Discovering Exclusive-to-Viking China Voyages

Join Viking’s Vice President of Product Development Joost Ouendag for an in-depth overview of our new China voyages and learn how you can be immersed in the history, culture and natural wonders of the Middle Kingdom.

WATCH NOW
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 5:01 PM, dreamercruise said:

Try contacting tellus@vikingcruises.com.  They have sympathetic ears, and may give you some discounts towards a future cruise; and if they do, you may request the discounts be applied to your current sailing as shipboard credits (to pay for gratuities, shore excursions, silver spirits, and other onboard expenses). I hope they can do more for you, so you can enjoy your Egypt cruise without any negative thoughts hanging over your head. It would be a shame if your frustration would stop you from coming back, because Viking cruise is a good product.

Contacted tellus@vikingcruises.com on Feb. 3, 2024 and just got a call from a "Manager" who said there is nothing they can do. 10 of 26 cabins are not booked. I'm sure the Promos will keep coming to fill up the ship. Doesn't feel right. Shame On Viking for not working with a new first time customer and cruiser.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Travel Lion said:

Contacted tellus@vikingcruises.com on Feb. 3, 2024 and just got a call from a "Manager" who said there is nothing they can do. 10 of 26 cabins are not booked. I'm sure the Promos will keep coming to fill up the ship. Doesn't feel right. Shame On Viking for not working with a new first time customer and cruiser.  

I'm genuinely sorry. 😞

Hi all.  We are looking at an Alaska cruise summer 2025.  I’ve been scanning through the pages and it seems there haven’t been any big promotions for Alaska in the past.  Right now they are offering a small discount.  Based on the past, does this seem to be as good as it gets?  Still trying to decide on using Viking agent vs travel agent.  Thanks for any help.

President's Day Sale FDS24 Free air, Free stateroom upgrade, double past guest discount

Polaris Expedition April 2024, 16 days $4995 . Savings of $4000 per person for early April

Memphis to New Orleans, 12 days March-June 2024, $3999.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RobinB13 said:

Hi all.  We are looking at an Alaska cruise summer 2025.  I’ve been scanning through the pages and it seems there haven’t been any big promotions for Alaska in the past.  Right now they are offering a small discount.  Based on the past, does this seem to be as good as it gets?  Still trying to decide on using Viking agent vs travel agent.  Thanks for any help.

If generic cruise news and YT personalities are to be believed, Alaska is being well traveled this year. Everything Viking, and all of their competitors, sales is on supply and demand. Plenty of demand, sales become few and far between.

I know it was mentioned above that AVS24 was still available, but thought I'd post the current details I got in an email today for select May/June 2024 sailings: 

Offer AVS24: Offer valid on bookings made from Feb 13 to Feb 29, 2024. FREE international airfare, up to $1,000 in shipboard credit per couple & special fares valid on select May & Jun 2024 departures of Viking Homelands; May 25 & 27, 2024 departures of Iceland & Norway's Arctic Explorer; select Jun departures of Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada; select May & Jun 2024 departures of Into the Midnight Sun; Apr 5 & May 1, 2024 departures of British Isles Explorer. $500 Shipboard credit per person if booking a PV, PS, ES or OS category stateroom; $200 Shipboard credit per person if booking a V or DV category stateroom. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Feb 29, 2024. Pay in full by at time of booking. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Offer expires Feb 29, 2024.

• Like 2

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 844-682-0762
or contact your travel advisor

LIMITED-TIME OFFER

FREE International Airfare | Special Fares
Up to $1,000 Shipboard Credit per Couple

Ask for offer AVS24 · Expires February‌ 29, ‌2024

Viking ship

Discover the wonders of
Northern Europe

From majestic glaciers and ancient Viking settlements to abundant wildlife and celebrated medieval architecture, Scandinavia, Iceland and the British Isles are brimming with natural grandeur and fascinating history. Our ocean voyages in this area of the world provide experiences that are equal parts awe-inspiring and enriching—specifically designed for curious travelers like you. Reserve your stateroom today and enjoy a Limited-Time Offer that includes FREE international airfare, up to $1,000 shipboard credit per couple and special fares on the select 2024 departures below.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

Viking Homelands
Viking Homelands

Stockholm to Bergen

Plus, Special Fares &
Up to $1,000* Shipboard Credit

On Select May & Jun
2024 Departures

ASK FOR OFFER: AVS24

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Iceland & Norway’s Arctic Explorer
Iceland & Norway’s
Arctic Explorer

Bergen to Reykjavík

Plus, Special Fares &

On May 25 & 27,
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Iconic Iceland, Greenland & Canada
Iconic Iceland, Greenland &
Canada

Reykjavík to New York City

Plus, Special Fares &

On Select Jun
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Into the Midnight Sun
Into the Midnight Sun

Bergen to London

Plus, Special Fares &

On Select May & Jun
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

British Isles Explorer
British Isles Explorer

Bergen to London

Plus, Special Fares &

On Apr 5 & May 1,
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

EXTEND YOUR VOYAGE

Best of London
Best of London

Explore more of England’s fascinating capital, including iconic sites like the British Museum and the Tower of London, when you add three nights to your Into the Midnight Sun voyage.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED ON VIKING.TV

Aquavit—A Taste of Norway
Aquavit—A Taste of Norway

Join Viking’s Executive Vice President Karine Hagen to learn more about Norway’s favorite national spirit and its many variations.

• Like 2

Promo MA24

MAY RIVER SALE

Ask for offer MA24 · Expires February 29, 2024

Discover historic treasures

Discover historic treasures

Uncover Europe's storied past when you join us on an enriching river voyage. Marvel at the soaring towers of the 12th-century Eltz Castle in Germany. Step inside Avignon’s magnificent 14th-century Palace of the Popes in France. Or admire Kinderdijk’s remarkably-preserved 18th-century windmills in The Netherlands. Our destination-focused itineraries immerse you in the extraordinary history—including iconic landmarks and hidden gems—found along Europe’s enchanting waterways. Reserve your stateroom today and enjoy FREE airfare and reduced fares on the May 2024 voyages below.

LEARN MORE
  • Like 3